Who are the most complete players at each defensive position?

Kiwibrown

As Sean Lee retires I looked at his stats and it seems like he was excellent in coverage and against the run, but didnt make much of an impact as a pass rusher or blitzer. So my question is who are the most complete players currently and historically on defense? 

1st and foremost Ed Reed, who could could cover, hit, blitz, tackle, and a st ace and turnovers often became touchdowns. 

Karlos Dansby was excellent in coverage and as a blitzer, but average vs the run. 

Joe Schobert is good in coverage and good as a blitzer but cant stop the run.

29 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Charles Woodson sticks out at DB. 

I did think of him, he possibly the most versatile db ever  outside, inside and safety. 

Patrick Willis too.

Ii wasnt sure how he went as anlizter and vs the pass

Modern day, I really think Darius Leonard is the most complete, under appreciated LBer.

Leonard is a beast. 

23 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ii wasnt sure how he went as anlizter and vs the pass

Willis was a very strong blitzer. Strength, speed, and a knack for sifting through traffic definitely played into that. If you had to pick his weakest area, it probably was coverage, but he was still a good player in that regard. You could probably put Kuechly right along here as well, but he was probably slightly better in coverage but a slightly weaker blitzer.

34 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Ray Lewis is the only member of the 40/30 club in league history (40+ sacks and 30+ interceptions)

Ronde Barber has 28 sacks and 40 INTs - different, but equally as impressive for a CB.

He's probably the most underrated presence on that Tampa Bay defense. People talk about Sapp, Lynch, Brooks - Ronde made it hard to get quick throws off.

• Like 3