2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Chubb was a Day 1 starter who immediately made the defense better and almost nobody here wanted Allen.

Surtain is going to be riding the bench in a must win year for the staff. 

You have to take your shot. The Broncos are so reluctent to even pull the trigger on a guy its like everybody in that building is gunshy on putting their name on a QB. 

Im just over it I guess. I dont care how good these skill postion players are on the way to a 6-11 season because the Broncos dont have a QB.

On the positive side... I love surtain, he's probably my favorite corner to come out since Lattimore. He was one of the few blue chip guys outside of the WR and QB, along with Sewell and (purely talent) Parsons imo. Also, we didn't take a Slater, who is good but would have been the fifth tackle taken last year. 

But so gut wrenching to pass on Fields. He's going to be a good quarterback, man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rcpbawler said:

On the positive side... I love surtain, he's probably my favorite corner to come out since Lattimore. He was one of the few blue chip guys outside of the WR and QB, along with Sewell and (purely talent) Parsons imo. Also, we didn't take a Slater, who is good but would have been the fifth tackle taken last year. 

But so gut wrenching to pass on Fields. He's going to be a good quarterback, man.

I like fields but ohio state qbs scare me Lance was who I wanted man would of loved if niners picked Mac or Fields.

I wonder if the front office is as down on this CB class as I am. At 2.40, you’re probably choosing between Stokes and Campbell, who are fine! But probably not top 50 guys. And then after them, I’ve got a steep cliff. If they wanted a corner (and they should), they needed to get one early.

But for real...trade down.

Just now, broncosfan_101 said:

I wonder if the front office is as down on this CB class as I am. At 2.40, you’re probably choosing between Stokes and Campbell, who are fine! But probably not top 50 guys. And then after them, I’ve got a steep cliff. If they wanted a corner (and they should), they needed to get one early.

I liked asante samuel jr as well I did not see leatherwood going that high wow.

Also wanted to add.  I don’t think Denver passing on a QB was to go after one next year.  You can’t do that at the QB position.  If your guy is there you take them.  Denver clearly likes Lock more than Fields/Jones or has something in the works for Rodgers this year.  

5 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Probably wasn't a chance that Surtain would have gotten past the Eagles. I think that's why they stayed put. Adding who many feel was the best CB in college to your roster ain't bad, especially when you're facing some great QB's in your own division twice a year. 

He'll be on the field plenty this year and could make a real difference for the next decade. Good way to build a team IMO.