2021 NFL Draft Day 1 GDT (No Spoilers)

Forge

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

I'd bet all the happy no McCorkle money on Tommy Tremble. All of it. That's nearly locked in stone. I don't know what they do to get to the spot where we want him, but he's going to be on the football team. 

Yeah I agree. I think tremble will be there in the 3rd. There's a lot of good players left. I'm even down for one of these Oline guys in the 2nd to plug inside and really shore up our protection. Corner is a need but I'm hoping we can sign one more proven guy instead of drafting one (Breeland, Hayward or Nelson on 1 year prove it deals...)

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm watching the presser right now and man I just want to say I'm freaking proud of Kyle and Lynch. This was ballsy, and they kept it to themselves. They didn't put themselves in a box. Excited to see this play out.

so all these reports that said there was friction and Kyle liked Jones while the scouts liked Lance were pretty much meaningless. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I'd bet all the happy no McCorkle money on Tommy Tremble. All of it. That's nearly locked in stone. I don't know what they do to get to the spot where we want him, but he's going to be on the football team. 

Sit at 43, take samuel would be my guess, move up in third to land tremble

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think it's pretty obvious they had Fields 4th and then Mac 5th. 

Or depends on Wilson. I think Lance was probably 2nd. 

I disagree with you. They were asked if their three were TL, wilson, and Lance and they sidestepped it in a way that made me think Wilson was not QB2. 

Personally, I think it was Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Wilson, McCorkle in that order 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

I disagree with you. They were asked if their three were TL, wilson, and Lance and they sidestepped it in a way that made me think Wilson was not QB2. 

Personally, I think it was Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Wilson, McCorkle in that order 

Yeah I think your right that does make a ton of sense. Man I wonder why Kyle thinks of Wilson lmao 🤣.

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think it's pretty obvious they had Fields 4th and then Mac 5th. 

Or depends on Wilson. I think Lance was probably 2nd. 

I think Mac will have a solid career. Point Guard like distributor, Kirk Cousins type. 

If we were sitting at 12 & the top 4 QB's were gone, sure, its worthy of the 12th pick IMO. Its a premium pick, but one you can move on from in 2-3 years if it didnt work out or a better option is available. I think the Pats will have a steady 10 year starter who will likely never be elite or great, but will always be solid & good from day one.

But is he worth 3 1st's and a 3rd? Not at all. It made no logical sense. I have no clue where this originated from, unless people just saw Shanny & Simms friendship and assumed Simms speculative tweet that the trade was for Jones, was some insider info 

I am so happy i don't have to deal with the garbage analysis anymore. Simms made some good points about what he likes about Jones, and Silver made some good points about Jones strengths that were fed to him by some source. Even if you disagree, at least they backed up their or their sources opinions. Literally all other analysis was garbage. Maiocco going on about how Shanny wants someone to execute the playcall and nothing else. Tannebaum going on about how we traded up for our very own Matt Schaub. Charlie Casserly talking about how we got our very own Andy Dalton. Kawkami & others overanalyizing the monday press conference to conclude we're picking Mac, when they didn't even bother to ask about Fields or Lance. Biderman acting like he got some inside info over the weekend that tipped the scales to Jones (it was clearly Silver's comments last week that made him flip from Lance to Jones). 

I'm just happy the speculation is over. Glad to have the next franchise QB in the fold. Looking forward to Shanny & Lance dominating the league in the near future

• Like 1