2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm not buying any Dallas Cowboy hype. They hardly have an elite OL anymore and Dak's mobility will be a big question mark coming into next season. Zeke looked average behind their OL and there defense regardless of alignment was atrocious. They came up big with Parsons in the draft, but that doesn't solve their secondary and DL woes.

I think we show the entire NFL, not just our division, that we are for real.

Which is why I said, if they address the line and DL in the draft and then post-draft FA, they will be the ones to beat in the division (with us maybe #2). They easily have the best QB in the division right now (assuming Dak comes in where he left off last year). I think with their offensive skill positions, they will be like the Saints were for many years (lots of points scored and most games were shootouts).

But that being said, we did improve at all points on both sides of the ball. So there's that. Too early to tell. I'll know more after the draft and after the OTAs start for the teams.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Catching up this morning. So some of you got fleeced by bad reporting (Rodgers). And some keep thinking we were a 1st round rookie QB away from competing from the SuperBowl. Just LMAO. 

Drafting a QB is once again a pick we would  be making for the long term. Anyone thinking it would make them compete for a super bowl this year has the wrong take. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Drafting a QB is once again a pick we would  be making for the long term. Anyone thinking it would make them compete for a super bowl this year has the wrong take. 

And that is why I'd be okay with selecting one of the upcoming QBs... although I'd rather they go TE (Freiermuth please), o-line, safety or LB (again). 

I think we can almost rest assure that 3 out of these 5 first round QBs don't even pan out. History has taught us that. 

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

You gotta imagine it will be a combination of them. If we are in a standard 4-3, I could see Davis - Bostic - Holcomb. But definitely when you talk passing situations, it should be Collins - Davis - Holcomb with Collins playing a hybrid role.

I think Base D is:

WLB: Davis

MLB: Bostic

SLB: Holcomb

I know people won’t like this and won’t want to hear it but if Bostic is the MLB, I don’t think he’s coming off the field & given he’s a vet that knows our D well, I think he’ll be the starting MLB. When we are in the nickel D you’re going to have 4 DL on the field w/ only 2 LBs on the field w/ your 3 CBs & 2 safeties.  Your MLB stays on the field all 3 downs so when we’re in nickel it’s likely going to be Bostic & Davis at LB & Moreland in at slot corner.

If Landon Collins isn’t starting WLB, I have to question if he’s starting unless we move Curl to FS & Collins returns to SS. Maybe Davis ends up learning enough and showing enough where he can be our starting MLB making Bostic expendable and then Collins is our starting WLB, I think that would be ideal bc we’d have so much speed at LB but it’s hard to say that is definitely going to happen at this point.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Catching up this morning. So some of you got fleeced by bad reporting (Rodgers). And some keep thinking we were a 1st round rookie QB away from competing from the SuperBowl. Just LMAO. 

If following Schefter, Glazer, Rapp and more is bad reporting then what are you supposed to do. 

im also not competing in a super bowl with a rookie in 2021. 2022 and beyond though...

your post is wrongly arrogant  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

And that is why I'd be okay with selecting one of the upcoming QBs... although I'd rather they go TE (Freiermuth please), o-line, safety or LB (again). 

I think we can almost rest assure that 3 out of these 5 first round QBs don't even pan out. History has taught us that. 

Probably right but if you ain’t trying your dying IMO. Filling our QB position with journeymen QBs is not going to get our team anything more than mediocre IMO. So, eventually Rivera is going to have to make a move for a top QB IMO.

I really would love to get Mond bc I think with some development he can be a really good starter but, I 100% agree with you that I’d also love to see them draft Pat F, one of the OTs to develop to behind Lucas this year who can hopefully start in 2022, and of course I’d be excited to take one of the FS prospects like Moehrig if he falls or Grant. 

Also, if Bolton or Zaven Collins falls to us I would definitely consider going with one of them too bc they could be year one starters, at worst they’re starters next year. Collins we could use as a SLB on run downs and then on passing downs we can rotate Collins in as an edge pass rusher.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Also, if Bolton or Zaven Collins falls to us I would definitely consider going with one of them too bc they could be year one starters, at worst they’re starters next year. Collins we could use as a SLB on run downs and then on passing downs we can rotate Collins in as an edge pass rusher.

Wake up, turtle, you're dreaming again.  Collins got taken by the Cardinals.

I could see us double dipping at LB, depending on how the board develops.  I'd probably go OT in the second and see which LB fall to the third.

Edited by noptov52
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, noptov52 said:

Wake up, turtle, you're dreaming again.  Collins got taken by the Cardinals.

I could see us double dipping at LB, depending on how the board develops.  I'd probably go OT in the second and see which LB fall to the third.

Ahh you’re right! I’m not dreaming, I’m getting old! I’ll be 42 in 16 days! 😂 

I like the idea of OT with our 2nd pick but, I’m telling you if Pat F is there they better take him he’s going to be a good one. Gotta get him to be our #2 TE & he’ll eventually be our starter.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

@naptownskinsfan - thoughts on Eric Stokes. In the first? He's not even my favorite Georgia CB. 

Shocked but he has a tons of potential. He’s got all the skills to develop into a good or even great starter. I’m with you that I would’ve taken the other Georgia CB before him but Stokes has a higher ceiling IMO. I was shocked they didn’t take a slot WR though. One of the Moore’s would’ve been perfect for making Rodgers happy.

Edited by turtle28