2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

15 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I have me at 444.

I have @MikeT14at around 24 points behind, if I recall correctly.

At dinner, but will check when I get home.

I dont want to declare myself without outside verification 

I added one too many 10s at the end. I got 444 for you as well.

Preemptive congrats. The very least you will be top three, but I think you take it. That 1st 8 picks was impressive. 

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Looking back at the draft, I will say you were absolutely correct at the moment.  The option for us to get him was Denver. 

Of course, we don't know if they were willing to trade down.  But that was the spot.  

I just want to win dude. A franchise QB represents long-term success. Yes you’re more than likely not to get it wrong but not even giving yourself a chance to get it right immediately takes you out of the race. Jamin Davis will probably be a good player and the OL or LB we pick in the first round next year probably will be too but if Fields ends up being a franchise QB we still whiffed badly. You can’t be scared to take a chance. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just want to win dude. A franchise QB represents long-term success. Yes you’re more than likely not to get it wrong but not even giving yourself a chance to get it right immediately takes you out of the race. Jamin Davis will probably be a good player and the OL or LB we pick in the first round next year probably will be too but if Fields ends up being a franchise QB we still whiffed badly. You can’t be scared to take a chance. 

Agree.  Maybe they just didn't like fields.  But the draft isn't over yet and who knows, maybe we end up with Rodgers :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Agree.  Maybe they just didn't like fields.  But the draft isn't over yet and who knows, maybe we end up with Rodgers :)

I think that’s the deal. I don’t think they felt great about the QBs in this draft which is fine but JP Finlay insinuating that they’re going to go after a vet again next year is silly. You have to commit at some point otherwise you’ll be out of a job fast. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think that’s the deal. I don’t think they felt great about the QBs in this draft which is fine but JP Finlay insinuating that they’re going to go after a vet again next year is silly. You have to commit at some point otherwise you’ll be out of a job fast. 

I think they have their guy. Or atleast an idea. They didn’t want to give up next years one so I have to think they either actually maybe believe a guy can develop or there’s a guy in this or next years class. I don’t think Ron is complacent I think he’s just using a different formula then he and his guys applied in Carolina

36 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think they have their guy. Or atleast an idea. They didn’t want to give up next years one so I have to think they either actually maybe believe a guy can develop or there’s a guy in this or next years class. I don’t think Ron is complacent I think he’s just using a different formula then he and his guys applied in Carolina

They don’t have their guy. If they think they have their guy on the roster they will be out of their jobs within two years. And no, I don’t want them to just take anybody but they can’t put this off for too long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Shark Tank Laugh GIF by ABC Network

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

They liked Justin Fields they didn’t love him. 

The problem is they “LOVE” Heinicke & Kyle Allen but only “LIKE” the best QB draft prospects in this draft outside of Trevor Lawrence who everyone loves.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The problem is they “LOVE” Heinicke & Kyle Allen but only “LIKE” the best QB draft prospects in this draft outside of Trevor Lawrence who everyone loves.

If they loved them they wouldn't have signed Fitzmagic.