2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

2 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Burgundy Blog said right now if he were in the draft he’d like Kyle Allen better than any of the day 2 or 3 QBs.

Is he serious?

I don't agree with it either, but depends on how you feel about them. Mond and Mills are very polarizing players all over the spectrum. Trask would be ahead of Allen imo. 

30 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Burgundy Blog said right now if he were in the draft he’d like Kyle Allen better than any of the day 2 or 3 QBs.

Is he serious?

Right. First off, I love Kellen Mond and Kyle Trask better than what we have right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

Ron Rivera said Washington didn't trade up for a quarterback because the team felt it was more important to be patient and build a team for a quarterback first. "We felt strongly about [being patient]. This isn't just [about] a piece. We have a chance to put pieces together."

Kellen Mond today!!! Everything he loves about Davis is what Mond will give this team a year from now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

And Hyde. Etienne is a 1st round 3rd down back. 

I think Etienne will surprise you. He is the same size as Clinton Portis was in Denver, before he came here and had to add 10 lbs. if Etienne was say 185, 190, I would be in complete agreeance with you. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Right. First off, I love Kellen Mond and Kyle Trask better than what we have right now. 

Definitely. It’s not that I hate Allen or Heinicke it’s just come on, Mond, Mills & Trask have much more potential to be long term answers. 

Actually, Kyle Allen and Heinicke had their chance to be drafted and get this Burgundy Blog... they weren’t even drafted! 😂 

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, noptov52 said:

I would take either... in round 3. 

Why not just take one of them with our #2 pick?

We’re talking about the difference in just 23 picks to make sure you get the QB that you want & think you can develop into a future starter at worst a good back up.

To me it makes sense to take the QB at 51 & then take the BPA with our pick at 74 instead of passing on Mond or Mills - if we want them - at 51 and risk that neither will be there at 74.

2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

Etienne is an actually really good player. With a RB class that is sooooooo poor, Etienne and Harris were the only 2 that as of late hit the first round projection. 

Personally, I dont think Harris should have been the pick at 24, and the Steelers should have gone with either Dickerson or Creed to fill Pouncey's spot, but I guess having a bruising back saves Ben from getting big hits than an OC? 

I think they like the center they have & you can find good centers in the mid and even late rounds. I wanted the Steelers to take a RB but felt it could’ve waited. I thought drafting an OT like Darrisaw, Jenkins or Cosmi was a better pick then come back in round 2 or 3 and go RB. 

I mean the Steelers don’t have bad RBs on their roster even before drafting Harris, Snell is solid but it’s true he’s not spectacular and MacFarland really has a chance to be something IMO.

The Steelers problem last year was run blocking and their OC not commuting to running the ball at all and really not having a good run scheme, and this is the Steelers we’re talking about! 

There’s a reason Tomlin canned him!

29 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

I think Etienne will surprise you. He is the same size as Clinton Portis was in Denver, before he came here and had to add 10 lbs. if Etienne was say 185, 190, I would be in complete agreeance with you. 

Oh no, Etienne is great. Could be successful anywhere. Etienne to the Jags right now is a 1st round 3rd down back. It's weird. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Oh no, Etienne is great. Could be successful anywhere. Etienne to the Jags right now is a 1st round 3rd down back. It's weird. 

I don’t think he’ll strictly be a 3rd down back.

First of all, he’s the most talented RB they have so he could win the starting job and either he their 3 down back or Hyde is your 3rd down back.

At worse, Robinson or Hyde starts and Etienne is a change of pace & 3rd down back where he gets 5-10 rushes a game and around 5 catches a game.

Plus it’s running back, any of them could get hurt.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He will line up wide and do jet sweeps and things he will go out for passes he isn’t just a 3rd down back they aren’t gonna tip their hat. They have the element of surprise they will maximize that

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think he’ll strictly be a 3rd down back.

First of all, he’s the most talented RB they have so he could win the starting job and either he their 3 down back or Hyde is your 3rd down back.

At worse, Robinson or Hyde starts and Etienne is a change of pace & 3rd down back where he gets 5-10 rushes a game and around 5 catches a game.

Plus it’s running back, any of them could get hurt.

Exactly and sorry but Carlos Hyde isn’t going to be stealing snaps from him. Like good compliment and insurance if Robinson gets hurt but Travis is the game wrecker.

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Anyone else total their score from the Mock draft contest? 

Pretty sure I bombed with a 375 score. 

I never even check mine I’m not good at posting a mock because I generally go with the opposite of what I think happens 🤣🤣🤣 I like to be creative lol