2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe we can move up for Pat Freiermuth 

If I get home early-ish and motivated tomorrow, I'll put together the pundit consensus board (minus ESPN because I don't pay them). If you (or anyone else) have sources they want me to include, call them out

Right now, it would be the sites I used for e16's second round mock option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand this? How could you possibly be happy with that QB room? You’re pretty much telling everyone you’re okay with not having a chance at a super bowl. It’s asinine. 

I'll say it again. They're a bunch of Rivera's poodles.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand this? How could you possibly be happy with that QB room? You’re pretty much telling everyone you’re okay with not having a chance at a super bowl. It’s asinine. 

Agree with you there. I’d love for Allen or Heinicke to prove us wrong but so don’t believe they’ll be anything more than career back ups.

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

For Me Flirting GIF by Chord Overstreet

I don't remember disagreeing about him moving to LB, but if I did, with the roster we have, it would be our best option to keep him and Curl on the field at the same time (IMO)

I think I have you and offbyone confused then. My bad man. Im glad to have you on my side on Collins to WLB for sure! I sure hope that Collins proves enough to play LB & Jamin Davis proves enough where he can start over Bostic.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Agree with you there. I’d love for Allen or Heinicke to prove us wrong but so don’t believe they’ll be anything more than career back ups.

But that’s the thing. I’d be fine if we were trotting one of them out there. I wouldn’t be thrilled but it would make way more sense then what we’re doing. A 39-year old QB who has proven to be just good enough to kill your teams draft position. I just have no interest in the rest of the QBs in this draft and the fact we’re going with Fitzpatrick just bothers me. It doesn’t say you want to win. It just says you’re too cowardly to take a chance. 

14 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Aaron Rogers is being traded to the Broncos. Deal nearly done per Mark Schlereth.

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/15255/Broncos-Packers-Aaron-Rodgers-trade-is--close---report-says

Wow! John Elway does it again! Last time he got Peyton to deliver a Super Bowl for him, now if he gets Rodgers to deliver a Super Bowl for him he may go into the Hall of Fame for a 2nd time, this time as a front office executive!

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I think you are underestimating two things.

#1 - How good Ryan Fitzpatrick really is when he isn't on a bad team. - I know some of you will murder me for this, but this is easily the best team that he has been a part of.

#2 - How much impact player fit has on a successful season. - Hear me out. I know there are A LOT of fans that haven't "bought in", but its very obvious the players who are here have bought in. This team is going to play their butts off for their head coach. You listen to any of the leaders on this team, the culture inside the locker room has changed. This team buckled down after sub-par QB play (at best) for the entirety of the season and played the eventual SB Champs tough in the postseason.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We be Jamin!bob marley GIF

I just want to point out this should be the first and last reference to this since it's quite possible that Davis's parents were in barely in grade school when this song came out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think you are underestimating two things.

#1 - How good Ryan Fitzpatrick really is when he isn't on a bad team. - I know some of you will murder me for this, but this is easily the best team that he has been a part of.

#2 - How much impact player fit has on a successful season. - Hear me out. I know there are A LOT of fans that haven't "bought in", but its very obvious the players who are here have bought in. This team is going to play their butts off for their head coach. You listen to any of the leaders on this team, the culture inside the locker room has changed. This team buckled down after sub-par QB play (at best) for the entirety of the season and played the eventual SB Champs tough in the postseason.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has played on like every team in the league. The Jets team he was on was pretty good. So was the Bills teams. He’s just not a good QB. I won’t crush you for having an opinion because that’s not fair. I just don’t see how Ryan Fitzpatrick elevates this team?