2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Rivera just said Davis was the highest rated defender on their board. That is absurd. 

I think your going to be pleasantly surprised when he explodes on the scene. Micah got to play in the ACC behind Gross Matos and Oahe and the DT that got drafted last year. Kentucky has a Center and a CB and a stud ILB. Nobody infront of him. I think this guy can be special. I know there are consensus higher rated guys by analysts. This guy flashed in 19 when he got steady play time twards the end of the year then took it too the next level. When this guy starts making Zeke’s and Daks life hell I think we’re gonna love him quick

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Woz said:

Fair point, but at the same time, they weren't 1st round picks either.

No doubt.  I think Davis was over drafted by us.  I would have been ecstatic if we could have traded down a handful of spots and got him there plus some more draft picks.  But the good news is he has the talent to meet his draft expectations.  And I don't think he is a boom or bust prospect, I think he is more of a solid or boom prospect.  Time will tell.

Hey speaking of over drafting linebackers, I was also shocked Collins was drafted at 16.  And then on the other hand you have JOK falling like a rock and it isn't character.  We aren't the only team that didn't pull the trigger there.

• Like 1

Just now, ripsean21 said:

I meant to edit that I knew one of y’all would catch it but I’m too tired to fix my posts 🤣🤣

Hey, I forgot Slater was drafted 4 picks earlier when Las Vegas picked Leatherwood. It's all good. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

No doubt.  I think Davis was over drafted by us.  I would have been ecstatic if we could have traded down a handful of spots and got him there plus some more draft picks.  But the good news is he has the talent to meet his draft expectations.  And I don't think he is a boom or bust prospect, I think he is more of a solid or boom prospect.  Time will tell.

Hey speaking of over drafting linebackers, I was also shocked Collins was drafted at 16.  And then on the other hand you have JOK falling like a rock and it isn't character.  We aren't the only team that didn't pull the trigger there.

I guess what this reminds me of is the Ryan Kerrigan draft. We passed on Watt and Cameron Jordan. We didn’t get a bad player out of it but we got an inferior player. That’s how I feel about this pick. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I guess what this reminds me of is the Ryan Kerrigan draft. We passed on Watt and Cameron Jordan. We didn’t get a bad player out of it but we got an inferior player. That’s how I feel about this pick. 

If we have gotten a guy who ends up playing with Washington for 10 years and is a lock to make the team Ring of Honor, I'll be okay with this pick.