2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think Its going to be Collins - Davis - Holcomb. Davis is a tackle machine. Probably our next London Fletcher.

What what? You’re blowing my mind. Now You’re saying you thinking that Collins will be playing LB?

Why you been fighting me in this all year?

Just now, Skinsin2013 said:

It's funny. Every year we're all reminded that we don't know jack sh&t about the draft. And then the talent evaluators bust too. 

That's why you need those bullets in the chamber. To hit a few... and miss a few.

Too true, you never know until these guys step on the field.  I expected next to nothing from Curl.  I also thought Aaron Curry was the safest pick in the history of the draft when he was drafted.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Oh man! If they get Mond you’re going to have to change your underoos bro! Haha 😂 

I’m happy! I certainly wanted at LB outside of Fields most in this draft in round 1 for us. I definitely trust your evaluation, I like what I’ve read and seen of him too and I certainly trust Rivera & DelRio to evaluate, draft and develop good LBs and turn them into great players.

He could be our Shaq Thompson!

I appreciate your faith brother!!! I really thought he was the guy. I know I value consistent improvement. I also look for guys who flash on lesser talented rosters and are the ones showing up against superior rosters. This guy and Mond are MY Gibson and Chinns from last year. I just put a ton of time into them and their lapses are very easily fixed with hard work. These two IMO are blue collar workers. I want the toughest guys. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I know some won’t like it, but I’m a fan. I would have taken him over any LB not named Parsons. 

There isn’t a lot that I’ll blindly defer to this FO on, but Rivera and Hurney have earned the benefit of the doubt with their track record in identifying top LBs.

Was he even seen as a second round pick before he ran fast? I mean, I just don’t understand this? Just take the playmaker or the stud LT. JOK makes plays. He’s all over the field. Why do this? Why reach for an inferior player? It just doesn’t make sense to me at all

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think I showed a graph earlier today that the guy in Atlanta didn't really do anything for us either lol 

In all fairness, it wasn’t Kyle Smith’s drafts that were failures for us. We had two drafts that were beyond awful this past decade, 2013 (that was the Shanahan’s) and 2016 (that was McCloughan). You take those two drafts out of the equation and our recent history would look a lot better.

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Too true, you never know until these guys step on the field.  I expected next to nothing from Curl.  I also thought Aaron Curry was the safest pick in the history of the draft when he was drafted.  

I mean, I agree with this to a degree. But usually when a guy rises this high from the end of the season to draft night does it work out? The Kentucky coaches apparently said at the end of the season they expected Jamin Davis to go anywhere from the 5th to undrafted. 

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

This front office is showing it puts a lot of emphasis with athletic testing with Antonio Gibson and Jamin Davis. Davis is an elite athlete

Because you can’t coach speed and traits. You can coach technique. We have a seriously fast defense. And they aren’t just fast they all will hit you in the mouth. When you run into 44 you stop.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Was he even seen as a second round pick before he ran fast? I mean, I just don’t understand this? Just take the playmaker or the stud LT. JOK makes plays. He’s all over the field. Why do this? Why reach for an inferior player? It just doesn’t make sense to me at all

I’d trust Rivera on LBs or really defenders in general. My issue with him is more can the current FO we have find more offensive talent?

They did last year w/ Gibby & obviously Hurney & Rivera drafted your boy Christian McCaffery too. They don’t have the greatest track record in WRs but, DJ Moore & Curtis Samuels have worked out.

Edited by turtle28