2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Shocked but he has a tons of potential. He’s got all the skills to develop into a good or even great starter. I’m with you that I would’ve taken the other Georgia CB before him but Stokes has a higher ceiling IMO. I was shocked they didn’t take a slot WR though. One of the Moore’s would’ve been perfect for making Rodgers happy.

GB needs guys now. Taking a CB that could be great in a couple years just ain't it imo

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Preliminary results look like you're bottom 5 (your worst showing yet). And I may have spoken too soon about @MikeT14 pulling ahead of me. Still verifying the results.

Ohhh I am intrigued by this because if I read your rules correctly, even though I had the Eagles taking Smith and the Vikings taking Darrisaw, because of WHERE they were picked, I will get zero points?

I could be wrong, but I really don’t think we take a QB this year. I think RR and company are set on building the rest of the roster and establishing a culture before bringing in a QB. I also think they believe (key word being they) that we can win with Fitz or Heinicke or even Allen if an injury happens. I’m assuming that they want to see how this QB competition plays out this upcoming summer and fall after missing out on a true competition last offseason. If they feel that we are a QB away after this next season, then they go get “their guy”.

This is just what I think is going on in the minds of our front office. But I could be wrong, they might want to bring in Mills, Mond, or Trask for the future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Just how bad are the RB picks in the first round, especially the Jags picking Etienne? A bad team that didn't have a real need for a luxury position. Yikes Urban Meyer. 

Etienne is an actually really good player. With a RB class that is sooooooo poor, Etienne and Harris were the only 2 that as of late hit the first round projection. 

Personally, I dont think Harris should have been the pick at 24, and the Steelers should have gone with either Dickerson or Creed to fill Pouncey's spot, but I guess having a bruising back saves Ben from getting big hits than an OC? 

40 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ohhh I am intrigued by this because if I read your rules correctly, even though I had the Eagles taking Smith and the Vikings taking Darrisaw, because of WHERE they were picked, I will get zero points?

Correct. It bit me in the butt with the Ravens 2nd pick. I had them taking him, but with their first pick.

33 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Etienne is an actually really good player. With a RB class that is sooooooo poor, Etienne and Harris were the only 2 that as of late hit the first round projection. 

Personally, I dont think Harris should have been the pick at 24, and the Steelers should have gone with either Dickerson or Creed to fill Pouncey's spot, but I guess having a bruising back saves Ben from getting big hits than an OC? 

They have Robinson, though

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Correct. It bit me in the butt with the Ravens 2nd pick. I had them taking him, but with their first pick.

Is it you vs I that you're waiting on certifying? I tried to do quick math to figure it out and it is BUTT CLOSE. What a wild matchup. 

https://washingtonfootballwire.usatoday.com/2021/04/30/washington-coach-ron-rivera-said-jamin-davis-was-top-rated-defensive-player-on-board-2021-nfl-draft/

Rivera on

"This guy had the most position flex of any of them, and that's important to me because I believe a guy that can play all your LB positions can learn quickly, will understand quickly and will help others around him."

One thing Rivera liked about Davis was his position flexibility. He can play each of the linebacker positions for Washington, and that’s a big deal.

• Like 1

Ron Rivera said Washington didn't trade up for a quarterback because the team felt it was more important to be patient and build a team for a quarterback first. "We felt strongly about [being patient]. This isn't just [about] a piece. We have a chance to put pieces together."

• Like 1