Round One, Pick 19: Washington selects Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky

8 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

One thing I Love Love Love about Jamin Davis when I watch him. Is he is not your new school defensive player that throws his shoulder at people and ducks his head down. He seems to wrap up really well, reminds me of Zach Cunningham when he was at Vanderbilt. I think Jamin Davis is going to be a very solid player for us. Probably not super flashy, but a leader and solid production. 

Oh Zach Cunningham! That’s a name that @Woz hates to see written because Brice Allen/Kyle Smith took Ryan Anderson over him in 2017. I still don’t understand why we took Ryan Anderson over him. Just doesn’t make sense still to this day considering that depth we had at OLB and how much help we needed at ILB in 2017.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Amazing though from PH, the guy who’s been whining for over a year that we shouldn’t take Chase Young and that we still shouldn’t have taken Chase just yesterday despite the difference that Chase made for our entire team in just one season last year! PH has been sucking on that pacifier for a year and will be for probably the next decade plus.

Ohh GIF by memecandy

• Like 1

As for the Tampa game. There’s a lot of reasons we lost that game. It was more than just LB play, and it’s true it more than just QB play. I am still proud of how well our team hung with the Bucs in that game, I didn’t think it would be close. In that game though we couldn’t run the ball, our DL couldn’t get to the QB, we couldn’t stop the run, our secondary- particularly our safeties were burned, Moreland blew a coverage and gave up a wide open TD to Antonio Brown.

So again, those acting like this team doesn’t need an answer at QB are missing the point! Getting a young QB who could be a franchise QB for 10-20 years for us is not about just what a difference that would’ve made in one game vs the Bucs in the playoffs last year. The idea of getting one of those QBs is what that would mean for our franchise for the next 15 - 20 years.

Its about the long term vision, not about one wildcard game and how the team played in it from last year! 

3 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Turtle slinging them bombs around like Taylor Heinicke. 

I mean the truth is the truth. I wish he could see what I wrote but like Mknight he blocked me bc he doesn’t like when people don’t usually agree with him. PH would rather personally attack people about their fanhood. It’s really the only reason he and I ever really really got into it bc he sits there and tries to tell others what teams they can and can’t root for. It’s annoying.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean the truth is the truth. I wish he could see what I wrote but like Mknight he blocked me bc he doesn’t like when people don’t usually agree with him. PH would rather personally attack people about their fanhood. It’s really the only reason he and I ever really really got into it bc he sits there and tries to tell others what teams they can and can’t root for. It’s annoying.

True, I am a die hard WFT fan. But I’m also a big fan of the Vikings (due to my wife), and the Falcons (due to my best friend). 

41 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

True, I am a die hard WFT fan. But I’m also a big fan of the Vikings (due to my wife), and the Falcons (due to my best friend). 

My kinda man! Everyone who’s been here for years knows the story but I’ll tell you since you probably don’t know. I was born a Steelers fan. My parents are from a small town in south east Ohio in Belmont county across from Wheeling, WV. It’s at most 45 min from Pittsburgh. A lot of people who live there are Steelers fans but some are Browns fans too. My dad actually like the Chiefs when he was young bc they were on TV & the Native American connection, their HS mascot in my parents hometown is the Bug seeds, it’s a Native American picture & they have arrows on their helmets

So, when they were in their 20s, the Steelers won their 4 Super Bowls. My dad & uncle used to go to games and all. So, I was born a Steelers fan so, I still like them. Washington is by far my #1 & when they play I definitely root for Washington but when the Steelers are playing for anyone else I root for them, especially against those Damn Ravens!

Anyways, I became a Washington fan when I went to kindergarten and all my friends were Washington fan. My dad said I got off the bus after the first day of school and said I’m no longer a Steelers fan dad bc my friends are Redskins fans! 😂 

I also grew up in Maryland so I like the Terps but being that I was born an Ohio State fan, they’re my favorite college football team. Then I went to WVU so obviously I like them too.

Some people don’t understand it or don’t like it and have trolled me in this forum about it for a decade like PH and I think that’s in very very bad taste for someone to do so we’ve really gone at it over that before. In my opinion no one else controls my fanhood but me, I don’t need some dude I’ve never met on message board lecturing me about who I should and shouldn’t be a fan of. It’s beyond obvious I’m a diehard Washington football fan and that’s all that should matter for this forum.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I have a saved Ryan Anderson thread. Don't go searching in there. Some of you will regret it. You're not remembering what you think you are lol. 

Oh don’t get me wrong I know I wanted Ryan Anderson to work out and had hopes for him that he would and I will still say that he finished the end of the 2019 season well. 

I didn’t think it was the worst pick at the time but at the same time I can be honest and admit that Zach Cunningham would’ve been the better pick at the time and I liked Zach Cunningham as a prospect in that draft. In fact I was considering him for us in the 1st round, so of course I would’ve supported taking Zach Cunningham in the 2nd round.

I don’t remember me ever saying that Washington should draft Ryan Anderson before the draft bc I didn’t want them to draft another OLB at all. We had Kerrigan, Preston Smith, Murphy & were hoping Gallette could come back. 

I just tried to defend the Ryan Anderson pick after we did pick him because of his intangibles & the plays he made in Alabama in all kinds of ways for them. Even though he’s not a better than average pass rusher, he always seemed to make game changing plays far Alabama and he did that some for us in December of 2019 when he had 28 tackles, 4 sacks, 5 forced fumbles & 2 fumble recoveries in only 4 games started & 6 games where he played a lot that year. I was hoping that production would continue but if was going to, he would have to see major playing time and we drafted Chase Young and that was that heck, not even Ryan Kerrigan could see the field after we had drafted Chase Young!

It’s key to understand that distinction. I didn’t want to draft Ryan Anderson, but I tried to reason that it could become a good pick after we drafted him. But you really don’t get to play much when you’re drafted to a team that already has good OLBs & then drafts Montez Swear & Chase Young. What we’ve gotten out of Anderson was kind of predictable on draft day given the players that were already infront of him and taking two top talented & athletic DEs in back to back in 2019 & 2020.  

Now, I can admit I was wrong, if more people did that in this forum it would be a better place tbh.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya that is not why I blocked that poster. 

Well I wish I knew why because that’s the only thing I can think of. I certainly don’t remember making any personal attacks towards you because I don’t do those things.

I would think after a few years we could move past whatever it was. Really in the last two years you and I have agreed on a lot of things. I like you’re posts almost all the time.

It’s actually kinda sad that you don’t know that.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not me. With a QB out of reach because we ended up at #19, we needed to draft a LB. And if the one we wanted wasnt there, I wanted us to trade down.

The LT situation is fine. We can address it in Day 2. With Flowers back, the left side should be fine 

LT on a second day is not my preference. I liked the way samuel and trent were there for years and years. Agree on you that Flowers is a big pro.

I’m not so high on the qb’s except for the first 3. 

looking forward to the next day!!!