Round One, Pick 19: Washington selects Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky

7 minutes ago, Dutch DC Football Fan said:

LT on a second day is not my preference. I liked the way samuel and trent were there for years and years. Agree on you that Flowers is a big pro.

I’m not so high on the qb’s except for the first 3. 

looking forward to the next day!!!

You don’t think Mond & Mills could develop into good starters after a few years of development?

I’d love to be proven wrong, but I don’t believe that Heinicke or Kyle Allen will be what anyone will see as good starters long term. I still think we have to draft that player. Now Allen has a lot of natural talent and upside & Heinike has all the Colt McCoy moxie that everyone loves but he also has Colt McCoy’s body. I don’t think either of them are anything more than career back ups and spot starters.

It’s become clear that Rivera & Scotty T think they could be the answer. I’m open to it happening but if it doesn’t happen next year they definitely need to make a move for a QB in the 2022 draft bc they’re going to need to find a long term answer at the position.

11 minutes ago, Dutch DC Football Fan said:

LT on a second day is not my preference. I liked the way samuel and trent were there for years and years. Agree on you that Flowers is a big pro.

I’m not so high on the qb’s except for the first 3. 

looking forward to the next day!!!

I get it, and dont think LT was a bad way to go. I just think the ones that went ahead of us were the ones that were BPA. Looking at Davis and who was there at OT, I like the pick we made.

But I guess it was a preference and I cant fault you for that

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

I get it, and dont think LT was a bad way to go. I just think the ones that went ahead of us were the ones that were BPA. Looking at Davis and who was there at OT, I like the pick we made.

But I guess it was a preference and I cant fault you for that

It comes down to this realistic possibilty:

Darrisaw & Bolton/Cox/Browning/Werner (something like that)

or

Davis & Mayfield/Cosmi/Eich/Jenkins

Very similar. If we get Cosmi, that'd be pretty good imo. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

or

My only issue is after trading for Flowers, and if we take a 2nd round OT, what happens to Charles?  Cause I like Charles upside.  Would rather just pass on oline at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

or

Yeah.

And go WR in the 3rd.

But for your combos I'd be fine with either one. Just that Eichenberg has shorter arms than is ideal so they might kick him to G.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

My only issue is after trading for Flowers, and if we take a 2nd round OT, what happens to Charles?  Cause I like Charles upside.  Would rather just pass on oline at this point.

He can compete with Cosmi and Lucas for LT. He might need another year. Or Cosmi might. Or both might. 

And we can trade Christian for a 2029 7th. And Wes Martin for a 2060 6th. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

or

I’m not sure that Mayfield is a LT in the NFL. In fact I’d be shocked if he was. At this point I don’t think we should draft an OT now unless it’s Cosmi. The only way I was onboard for an OT was if it was going to be a for sure LT and going to be able to start by next year. Maybe Cosmi makes it to us and I’d take him but I’d rather take another position and someone who will hopefully  make an impact not only this year but for years to come. 

I would like Pat F, one of safeties or a WR. I think our WR corps is definitely upgraded but not sure it’s as great as people think it is outside of Terry. Samuel is good, but not sure he’s what everyone really expects at #2.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sure that Mayfield is a LT in the NFL. In fact I’d be shocked if he was. At this point I don’t think we should draft an OT now unless it’s Cosmi. The only way I was onboard for an OT was if it was going to be a for sure LT and going to be able to start by next year. Maybe Cosmi makes it to us and I’d take him but I’d rather take another position and someone who will hopefully  make an impact not only this year but for years to come. 

I would like Pat F, one of safeties or a WR. I think our WR corps is definitely upgraded but not sure it’s as great as people think it is outside of Terry. Samuel is good, but not sure he’s what everyone really expects at #2.

Agreed - I would throw Eichenberg and Jenkins in there with Cosmi as someone mentioned.  Friermuth or Terrace Marshall would be awesome. And if we end up with Deablo by the end of the night, I would be really excited.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

or

I agree on the combo! My original pick also is Darrisaw. I’m still happy with the pick! D will be fun this year. In total I grade it a B+

54 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Charles - sure hope he's recovering well from that dislocated kneecap/ operation .. 

He should be. I was actually shocked he needed surgery, I guess they wanted to tighten up his ligaments after he did it bc I don’t remember hearing he tore any ligaments or had any structural damage.

I don’t know if you remember me Saying this before, but I’ve dislocated my left knee cap 3 times. I’ve never had surgery but also I don’t play football either. The last time I did it the doctor did say that if I did it again he recommended that I have surgery to tighten up my ligaments so perhaps that’s what they did to Charles.

26 minutes ago, viking said:

He has to be an early favourite for DROY with your beastly D-line. 

Wow, yeah that’s true. I mean at first you would think Parsons, but the Cowboys DL isn’t as good as ours plus Jaylon Smith and LVE will also gobble up a lot of stats away from Parsons.

Davis may be our best LB even as a rookie so perhaps he does make a strong case for DROY.

It would be cool to have the DROY two years in a row.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He should be. I was actually shocked he needed surgery, I guess they wanted to tighten up his ligaments after he did it bc I don’t remember hearing he tore any ligaments or had any structural damage.

I don’t know if you remember me Saying this before, but I’ve dislocated my left knee cap 3 times. I’ve never had surgery but also I don’t play football either. The last time I did it the doctor did say that if I did it again he recommended that I have surgery to tighten up my ligaments so perhaps that’s what they did to Charles.

I DO remember - sounds damn painful ! At first they said he didn't need surgery - then he had it . I think T W had the same thing .