The good and the bad from round one

RaidersAreOne

I liked the oline picks in round one, even the Jets trade up. I think it was good value for every team that drafted one (Raiders excepted of course).

I didn't like the WR picks in general (Chase was solid at 5, Bateman not bad). Waddle, Smith, and Toney are questionable value fits IMO.

LOL runningbacks.

Did not like the Micah Parsons pick. Questionable instincts at a position that demands them to deliver first round value. I don't trust the Cowboys staff to coach/scheme him up.

I thought NE did a good job getting Jones at 15 and the Bears didn't grossly overpay for Fields.

Love greg Newsome for the Browns. Great player for them.

Eagles taking Smith I really like

Minnesota killed it. Love it

I like Etienne the player but not in Jax

Not big on Waddle I'm the top 10 but I do think he will help Mia alot

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Trading up for AVT was probably very smart, because I can't believe the Raiders weren't expecting him to be there. 

J

I too think AVT was the guy we were targeting at 17. Some beat guys mentioned he was one of the 5 players we were zoning in on. Classic us, panicking and reaching at the same position once a player we want is gone. We did it with Bosa/Ferrel, McGlinchey/Miller, Terrell/Arnette pick, etc and did it again here. 

I don't hate the player. I think he'll make for a good G or decent T, but at 17 you shouldn't be content with solid. 

• Like 3

Best value picks relative to my board (Number is my rank):

3. Justin Fields | QB | Ohio State + 8 
13. Jaelan Phillips* | EDGE | Miami + 5 (Medical Concerns)
15. Caleb Farley* | CB | Virginia Tech + 7 (Medical Concerns)
17. Rashod Bateman | WR | Minnesota + 10
18. Christian Darrisaw | OT | Virginia Tech + 5
23. Jayson Oweh | EDGE | Penn State + 8

Worst value picks relative to my board (Number is my rank):

38. Mac Jones | QB | Alabama - 23
42. Alex Leatherwood | OT | Alabama - 25
44. Payton Turner | EDGE | Houston - 16
48. Kadarius Toney | WR | Florida - 28
52. Jamin Davis | LB | Kentucky - 33
70. Eric Stokes | CB | Georgia - 39

• Like 4

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Best value picks relative to my board (Number is my rank):

3. Justin Fields | QB | Ohio State + 8 
13. Jaelan Phillips* | EDGE | Miami + 5 (Medical Concerns)
15. Caleb Farley* | CB | Virginia Tech + 7 (Medical Concerns)
17. Rashod Bateman | WR | Minnesota + 10
18. Christian Darrisaw | OT | Virginia Tech + 5
23. Jayson Oweh | EDGE | Penn State + 8

Worst value picks relative to my board (Number is my rank):

38. Mac Jones | QB | Alabama - 23
42. Alex Leatherwood | OT | Alabama - 25
44. Payton Turner | EDGE | Houston - 16
48. Kadarius Toney | WR | Florida - 28
52. Jamin Davis | LB | Kentucky - 33
70. Eric Stokes | CB | Georgia - 39

Not sure i would consider giving up 2 first rounds for Fields being good value. I probably rather overdraft a guy but not giving up additional draft capital (like the Pats did) then trade up and essentially spend 2 picks on Fields. But then again i am a trade down kind of guy, not trade up

6 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Not sure i would consider giving up 2 first rounds for Fields being good value. I probably rather overdraft a guy but not giving up additional draft capital (like the Pats did) then trade up and essentially spend 2 picks on Fields. But then again i am a trade down kind of guy, not trade up

Oh me too, but the Bears were always going to have to sell the farm to get up there and that's on Pace for years of incompetence. In of itself, getting Fields at 11 is great value comparative to where I had him ranked is all. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Oh me too, but the Bears were always going to have to sell the farm to get up there and that's on Pace for years of incompetence. In of itself, getting Fields at 11 is great value comparative to where I had him ranked is all. 

Yeah i understand what you are doing with your table, and havnt looked at it but probably from a trade value chart the Bears didnt pay that much more for the 11th pick so in a way it's still great value. Just as i said not a fan of trading up for a lot.