NFL Draft Day 2 GDT

Forge

3 minutes ago, SonsofFenris7 said:

The Raiders always have the WTF draft every year..

Some easy criteria to follow for their first round pick.

1. 3 year starter

2. played at Clemson or Alabama

3. Everyone thinks the player will be picked around 20 picks later.

4. A player for the same position just got taken by another team.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Mayock getting canned? 

Unfortunately, he was always set up to be the fall guy in Vegas. Like Shanny here, Mayock works for Gruden. Ultimately its on Gruden, but if you give him 10 years on a contract, he's not going to be the one to get fired. 

It's really a shame too. I can't believe that Mayock, who's record with talent evaluation is solid at the very least, has made so many straight up bizarre picks and some of the least valuable positions in football. They've spent 3 first round picks on a box safety, a running back, and a guard. Like what in the world. 

Just now, Forge said:

Unfortunately, he was always set up to be the fall guy in Vegas. Like Shanny here, Mayock works for Gruden. Ultimately its on Gruden, but if you give him 10 years on a contract, he's not going to be the one to get fired. 

It's really a shame too. I can't believe that Mayock, who's record with talent evaluation is solid at the very least, has made so many straight up bizarre picks and some of the least valuable positions in football. They've spent 3 first round picks on a box safety, a running back, and a guard. Like what in the world. 

Making your own board and sticking to it is way different from making a general board for everyone and having a opinion on guys. I feel they get way to drawn in to selecting a certain position and then panic when the guy they want is taken so they go for the next guy at that position instead of the next guy on their board.

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

I dont really buy this. Why would a Chief reporter have inside info on the Raiders?? 

He's not a Chief's reporter, they were saying that he's the main reporter for Pro Football Network (Tony Pauline) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Making your own board and sticking to it is way different from making a general board for everyone and having a opinion on guys. I feel they get way to drawn in to selecting a certain position and then panic when the guy they want is taken so they go for the next guy at that position instead of the next guy on their board.

Yeah, but he can't really be thinking that building through those positions is the way to go, right? I mean, that screams Gruden to me. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but he can't really be thinking that building through those positions is the way to go, right? I mean, that screams Gruden to me. 

Oh for sure altough i believe they said Leatherwood will be the RT which is better at least. And i don't really hate the player and think he can be a 10 year start but i don't think he has the upside you need at that spot where he can become a top 10 RT. I think he is a guy you take in the 2nd and slot in there and be happy about but will always disappoint for where he got taken.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Oh for sure altough i believe they said Leatherwood will be the RT which is better at least. And i don't really hate the player and think he can be a 10 year start but i don't think he has the upside you need at that spot where he can become a top 10 RT. I think he is a guy you take in the 2nd and slot in there and be happy about but will always disappoint for where he got taken.

Ahh, that does make a little more sense then. I probably would have gone with Jenkins in that situation. I've always just considered Leatherwood a guard. Also hard for me to forget his senior bowl performance which was pretty brutal. He just looks so stiff for the outside to me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ahh, that does make a little more sense then. I probably would have gone with Jenkins in that situation. I've always just considered Leatherwood a guard. Also hard for me to forget his senior bowl performance which was pretty brutal. He just looks so stiff for the outside to me. 

Senior Bowl was awfull but that was the case for pretty much every Alabama guy not names Jones. Fatigue and just having played the final might have something to do with that. I think he can be better at guard but will be a solid OT that will be pretty much a JAG that is not bad enough to actively find out a replacement but also not good enough that you can't improve from him. Especially with the OT's on the board i think there where like three or four i would easily take over him.