NFL Draft Day 2 GDT

Forge

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Annoying……

Just re-sign Sherm and go OL here. Give Lance a monster OL to start his career. 

Moehrig expect to go off the board early, and I would imagine that someone will pluck JOK. He's legit a top talent in this draft you just need to plant around. I'm making a move here for Samuel, or if he's gone by the time our pick comes around, probably punting the position for this pick. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Picking up McG's option (which was honestly a no brainer) tells me that we are probably going to wait until day 3. The earliest we need a tackle is 2023, so unless we are grabbing a guy that will play guard in the meantime (which I don't believe that we will value highly enough), I don't see it happening. I do think that we should take a tackle at some point. I think Josh Ball from Marshall is a guy that makes a ton of sense given the scheme and all. He's got limited experience and played for Marshall (didn't become a full time starter until this year), but he's all got all the measurables you could ever want and is athletic. I can't see him going before Day 3, so that is the guy I'm targeting there. 

Barrows (GOAT 49ers beat writer) was on the radio today and said that because this is a deep tackle draft and we dont have a 1st next year, that it would make sense to draft a T here. Maybe we play him at RG. Maybe he is a swing tackle for a year, but if the plan is to move off McG that this is a good opportunity to grab a tackle who you think could be really good. I think its just about value considering the depth of the draft 

He obviously talked about corner as well, and how getting a rookie who can learn from a guy like JV that is on a one year deal would be invaluable. 

(yes, that was a shot at MM. Barrows is the superior Matt. it is known) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4L said:

(yes, that was a shot at MM. Barrows is the superior Matt. it is known) 

lol this has been a bad offseason for Maioco. 1, insisting we wouldn't pick a rookie. 2, insisting we'd pick Jones. 3, backtracking and saying Jones was just a prediction and he would have personally picked Lance. I read all his articles and listened to all his podcasts, outside of a couple of mentions late in the process that Lance was a possibility Lance was an afterthought. 

As for today, i want Samuel at 43, but after that i don't mind going all in on offense and punting defense to next year. I really want to upgrade our RB, WR, TE, & OL depth, as well as a potential starting RG

I think we're set at interior DL, LB, & S. If we get Samuel, we'd be somewhat set at CB.

Pass rusher, we do have Bosa, Ebukam, Key, Willis, & Blair. Maybe Ford will come back. This is also supposed to be a weak edge class so not sure if we'll target one.

We have a lot of 1 year contracts at edge & DB, but we can address that next offseason with more cap space (cap rising + Jimmy off the books) as well as our 2nd rounder

Let’s go! Just got home. Less than 45 mins to go. Excited! A lot of possibilities. Honestly have no clue if Kyle is going to continue the trend of getting his receiver in the second or not. I would rather go corner depending on if one falls into our laps like Asante or Campbell. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Any chance we go Freiermuth at 43?

I don't think so, but I've thought about it. I think Tremble / Jordan later are more likely. 

I feel like Tremble in particular is going to be super high on our list. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Any chance we go Freiermuth at 43?

Wouldn't rule it out. Not like we have much behind Kittle and Kittle with his playstyle aways get banged up and misses a few games. I think it sneakily is one of our biggest needs. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think so, but I've thought about it. I think Tremble / Jordan later are more likely. 

I feel like Tremble in particular is going to be super high on our list. 

Wouldn’t mind Jordan. I think we met with him

Thoughts on Molden? They have him listed as a safety, but ppl are saying corner. Is he similar to Ward in that sense? 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I like it, but if I’m John I would want a contract out there for him to review so we know he’s not going to change his mind and then we draft a receiver or rb in the second