Day 3 discussion 2021 NFL Draft

Time for a quick poll.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do we make all 6 picks today?

• Yes
    • No, we trade up at least once
    • No, we trade out of 2021 at least once, banking picks for next year.
    • No, we trade up AND trade out

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

They drafted 90% defense and still have nothing at QB. They’re putting jobs on the line that they might get Rodgers.

It's just speculation, but maybe they really aren't into Jones or Fields and would rather give Lock one more year, knowing that he either plays well or they likely end up with a top-10 pick again.

They also leave things open for possibly a better offer from Green Bay, as several teams have grabbed QBs high. I could see it being between Denver and the Raiders now.

4 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

No, Kizer was exactly what I said he was.  Hue didn’t ruin him in Green Bay.  Not even sure he hit a chance with another team.  He had zero accuracy, he processed extremely slowly, and just didn’t have the mental capacity for the NFL.  He was big, had a strong arm, threw a nice ball, but you never knew where that ball would go or if he would get it off anywhere near on time.

Regarding Chubb, I love him.  What’s not to love, extremely productive, humble, leaves it all on the field.  But in a league with a salary cap, resource allocation is very important.  Paying a RB a market setting contract is not smart resource allocation.

In my opinion the only reason that he remains on the team for 2021 is because we are chasing a Lombardi.  If we were not serious about hoisting the trip hey this year I believe that the team would use Chubb to Hershel Walker a team out of a kings ransom in trade.

instead, we get the ring, or do our best to do so, then let him walk, and get a comp pick in the following draft.

We allocate big contracts for QB, OLine, pass rusher, and secondary.

We did pay Hooper, but he was vital to the transition and an exception to the rule.  I think he is gone after 2022, maybe sooner.

His contract is basically means he cant be cut for the length of it.

4 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

We are taking our shot right now.  This year.  We will resign Baker Teller and Ward after this year if not sooner.  We won’t have the cap space for much else.

We will also see OBJ gone after this year.

2 that I hate the thought of losing that I coukd see go soon too are Landry and Bitonio.  Bitonio because of age combined with contract.

55 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

15 million a year for a hof a steal

We are a moneyball team.   $12 million extra for THE ABILITY to average 6 to 7 more yards a game, and then completely negate that extra production by losing Teller AND putting your franchise QB that will probably get $50 million in jeopardy.

I trust Depodesta, the real mastermind.  He is mineyball.

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

We are a moneyball team.   $12 million extra for THE ABILITY to average 6 to 7 more yards a game, and then completely negate that extra production by losing Teller AND putting your franchise QB that will probably get $50 million in jeopardy.

🤯

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I’ve been saying it for awhile.

You’re going to see a massive shift in how this team wins games. We will have a dominant defense and average offense in 2 years.

Next year is the most balanced we will ever be.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

You’re going to see a massive shift in how this team wins games. We will have a dominant defense and average offense in 2 years.

I do not think for a minute that we sign

These free agents if it meant that it was going to cost us front line pla

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

I do not think for a minute that we sign

These free agents if it meant that it was going to cost us front line pla

Here’s what’s going to happen going forward:

1. Baker and Denzel get paid.

2. OBJ and Jarvis are both let go (trade most likely).

3. Do we pay Nick or Wyatt?

I’m biased, but I think Clowney balls out and has a career year. Then we extend him.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

average offense, it will more likely be an efficient offense.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Here’s what’s going to happen going forward:

1. Baker and Denzel get paid.

2. OBJ and Jarvis are both let go (trade most likely).

3. Do we pay Nick or Wyatt?

I’m biased, but I think Clowney balls out and has a career year. Then we extend him.

I think they keep money in the OL and reload skill players the through draft

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Berry is a genius.

He did exactly what I thought he would: Put a TON of assets into the defense.

Next year will be about helping the offense transition as we lose guys.

I could see next year being wide open. 1st yr set up the offense, this year patched up the defense. next year is wide open. next year seems like a good yr to go WR in the 1st

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1