2021 NFL Draft: Day Three Thread (NEED MOAR GIFS!!!)

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

A TE that plays on a team that does nothing but throw the ball with two career TDs. I don’t think I’m being negative here. It was a bad pick. There was much better talent available. 

To be fair the Falcons are killing it with Kyle Smith 🧐🧐🧐

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

They were going to value blocking. I mean nothing special about this guy outside of his hands. Not explosive but he’s huge uses his body very well and he’s hard to tackle. 

IIRC, Jordan is a decent blocker. Only thing I see in Bates is his Gronk-like size.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Depends. We just drafted a Sprinkle clone, so...

Well when people are so hell bent on the position and not focused on realistic options this is what happens. You don’t draft a player for a body you identify guy a b c or nobody. We’ve cried all weekend about TE and they got one lol. Just like the painful to watch player they just finally let walk in FA. As Thanos says a soul for a soul 🤣🤣🤣

@lavar703 @taylor made alright did some quick research and I’m going to agree that at this time this seems like a reach. It seems to me we probably could’ve gotten him in the 7th round...

Maybe Logan Paulsen is a good comp and if that’s true it’s actually not a bad pick. He’s a good blocker - which we desperately need from our TEs. We’ve frankly missed that since we IMO stupidly didn’t keep Paulsen 5 or 6 years ago.

That being said off of catch ability I’d take Brevin Jordan & come back in round 7 and take Bates as our 3rd TE but maybe he’d starts bc he’s a good in-line blocker.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/john-bates/32004241-5410-9191-4912-a52aed715316

“In-line tight end with good size and room for more muscle mass. Bates has an athletic background in his high school past, but his play speed tends to be inconsistent as a route-runner. He's lacking the foot quickness to uncover underneath, but he might be able to work up the field with more development. Bates will need to get more physical and improve his hand usage and footwork to become a functional blocker as a pro.”
Strengths
  • Built for the league with desired size and thickness.
  • Releases quickly into routes off the snap.
  • Sneaky speed in the seam.
  • Quality catch radius.
  • Can leap and make in-air adjustments to high throws.
  • Able to drop and dig out lower throws.
  • Lateral quickness on back-side zone blocks.
  • Good positioning as blocker in space.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Who would've guessed that?

Does Smith have military ties? We shouldve asked

He told Rivera he worked his tail off Rivera said okay Kyle we really like you. Kyle said yeah my dad had his chance but I want to be better. Ron said oh hold up your a privilege child peace out. 

Can’t wait til Gettleman gets fired and comes aboard next season. Maybe we can build the All-Failed GMs organization. This draft has basically been nothing but reaches. Honestly, every single pick with the exception of Dyami Brown has been a reach. It’s unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

@lavar703 @taylor made alright did some quick research and I’m going to agree that at this time this seems like a reach. It seems to me we probably could’ve gotten him in the 7th round...

Maybe Logan Paulsen is a good comp and if that’s true it’s actually not a bad pick. He’s a good blocker - which we desperately need from our TEs. We’ve frankly missed that since we IMO stupidly didn’t keep Paulsen 5 or 6 years ago.

That being said off of catch ability I’d take Brevin Jordan & come back in round 7 and take Bates as our 3rd TE but maybe he’d starts bc he’s a good in-line blocker.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/john-bates/32004241-5410-9191-4912-a52aed715316

“In-line tight end with good size and room for more muscle mass. Bates has an athletic background in his high school past, but his play speed tends to be inconsistent as a route-runner. He's lacking the foot quickness to uncover underneath, but he might be able to work up the field with more development. Bates will need to get more physical and improve his hand usage and footwork to become a functional blocker as a pro.”
Strengths
  • Built for the league with desired size and thickness.
  • Releases quickly into routes off the snap.
  • Sneaky speed in the seam.
  • Quality catch radius.
  • Can leap and make in-air adjustments to high throws.
  • Able to drop and dig out lower throws.
  • Lateral quickness on back-side zone blocks.
  • Good positioning as blocker in space.

Oh come on guys Logan to sprinkle to this guy come on we love the Jag TE!!!