4. 125 - Camryn Bynum, S, California

SemperFeist

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what manner of sorcery is that!

and where was it filmed, Northern California? where did he grow up, was he "home?"

I dont remember where it was, but it’s some resort house that his family rented for their draft party. 

47 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I dont remember where it was, but it’s some resort house that his family rented for their draft party. 

Bynum is from Corona, which is inland and between LA and San Diego, sort of. it backs up to hills and National Forests so they could be up there.

Corona, CA is the manufacturing headquarters of Fender Guitars and of Monster drinks. fairly upscale area, Bynum ain't from no struggling poor family, i betcha...

• 2 weeks later...

Zimmer: "So far, he's seemed really brilliant on the field. Understand that we don't have a lot of the playbook in, obviously, but he's been able to understand the concepts. It's still going to take some time because he's seeing things from a different perspective now. He was a good tackler in college, so that helps. So those are the kind of things you look for. He's a good athlete, good size. So far I've been impressed with his athletic ability, but it will take some time for him to learn to be a safety, I think, but we'll se. He's really smart."

https://www.vikings.com/news/presser-points-zimmer-gives-early-evals-on-darrisaw-mond-other-vikings-draft-pic

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Zimmer: "So far, he's seemed really brilliant on the field. Understand that we don't have a lot of the playbook in, obviously, but he's been able to understand the concepts. It's still going to take some time because he's seeing things from a different perspective now. He was a good tackler in college, so that helps. So those are the kind of things you look for. He's a good athlete, good size. So far I've been impressed with his athletic ability, but it will take some time for him to learn to be a safety, I think, but we'll se. He's really smart."

https://www.vikings.com/news/presser-points-zimmer-gives-early-evals-on-darrisaw-mond-other-vikings-draft-pic

That  is a glowing remark coming from Zim especially about a player in the secondary. Zim always talk about rookie athletic traits because you really cant go wrong with it.

Cam reportedly is a very discipline player which is something Zim loves. He will definitely be someone Zim would groom to be the heir apparent to Woods in 2022.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

That  is a glowing remark coming from Zim especially about a player in the secondary. Zim always talk about rookie athletic traits because you really cant go wrong with it.

Cam reportedly is a very discipline player which is something Zim loves. He will definitely be someone Zim would groom to be the heir apparent to Woods in 2022.

it really is, especially since safety is the position on defense where being cerebral is most important (relative to athleticism). they see everything in front of them so they have to be able to process a lot quickly, communicate what they see coming to their teammates, etc. 

if bynum is as cerebral as initial reports claim then he becomes a very interesting pick. harrison smith doesn't seem to be a vocal leader/teacher but even if bynum can watch what harrison does pre-snap he might be able to adopt some of those tactics. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

giphy.gif

Great to hear, Bynum really studied film a lot in college with his teammates and I think he was the leader of doing it.  Dude played at a high level for awhile and did great even as a true freshman and was part of some really solid Cal defensive units.  This transition to safety could be just what the Vikings need, a good developmental guy with versatility and intelligence.  

• Like 1