4. 125 - Camryn Bynum, S, California

SemperFeist

4 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Most of the Poli Sci/Phil double majors I ran into at UW-La Crosse were preparing to go into the legal field.

Yeah. That was always my plan. But it didn't help me at all in the time off I took between undergrad and law school. Even now, I wish I had gotten something more practical and useful. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Interesting. Maybe if we let Woods leave, Bynum could step into a starting role?

I'd feel a lot more comfortable about that now than a few weeks ago

I think it would be worth giving him some playing time as a big nickel the rest of the year, especially if Barr is out

12 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Bynum has been nothing short of a slam dunk pick for Rick. I know the sample size is small, but Minnesota may have found themselves a player

There was a lot of talk about the Vikings but getting much contributions from the rookies early on but this draft has a lot of potential 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Cine will still have an opportunity if Harry retires after the year.  He just needs to keep working. 

Opportunities for Cine to play either the Harry or Metellus roles in this defense.

On the topic of Bynum, he's among the top rated safeties in the league currently, 5th in the league in tackles (only 2 safeties in the top 20), and executing very well in Flores' defense.  Pay the man.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Cine has been passed up by Theo Jackson and Jay Ward. I think his ship has sailed. I'd trade Cine for anything at this point.

I'd give him another year to judge - That broken leg was nasty and has definitely set him back

28 minutes ago, viking said:

I'd give him another year to judge - That broken leg was nasty and has definitely set him back

I get that. I really do, but he's eating up a roster spot right now. I'd see if someone wants to do a player swap and see if it works out for either player. 

The only reason Cine is on the roster is due to his draft status. Had he been anything other than a 1st or 2nd round pick, he's gone.

aaaaaand he's stuck behind a great group of Safeties currently