NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, viking said:

I think Baker can be a good QB in this league - played last year more banged up than any QB.

I think a change of scenery and an injury free season could change a lot of peoples opinions about Baker

Until his attitude changes, I don't think we'll see different results. The Browns have allegedly stated they want an adult at the QB position. None of his teammates seem to go out of their way to stick up for him. A lot like Carson Wentz. 

15 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

The browns management that said “they want an adult QB” brought this on themselves. They should move him to Indy or Seattle

I can't blame them, since they knew Baker better than we do.  As I told a Browns fan on twitter, while he may be closer to the situation than I, I've never had a good impression of Baker.  He seems to be overcompensating for something when he talks about "You guys know how competitive I am."  His comments are all cliche and he doesn't seem to be that mentally strong.  And this situation proved that.  Instead of saying to the Browns "Let me prove you wrong", he folds like a cheap suit and asks out.  He proved that he's not an adult QB right there.

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Some teams just aren’t run by smart people. 

A team is willing to give three 1st round draft picks, plus more in compensation, they aren’t willing to commit to 4 years? 

Yikes. 

I guess Watson wanted 4 years of guaranteed money. Who knows what kind of contract structure as well.