NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

38 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Idk, to be honest it may be smart outside of that. Their defense was miserable. You got a young QB with a top 5 RB & TE with an explosive WR. If you can gain all you can out of Peters it may play off the best in the long run.

But how long is Wade Phillips going to be able to put up with his crap?

37 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Idk, to be honest it may be smart outside of that. Their defense was miserable. You got a young QB with a top 5 RB & TE with an explosive WR. If you can gain all you can out of Peters it may play off the best in the long run.

Getting rid of a 25 year old, two time All Pro cornerback is not a move forward, no matter how you want to look at it. 

if your defense is bad, you don’t get rid of the only good piece, only to need to replace him. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Getting rid of a 25 year old, two time All Pro cornerback is not a move forward, no matter how you want to look at it. 

if your defense is bad, you don’t get rid of the only good piece, only to need to replace him. 

If he's not working within the system and is bringing the rest of the defense down to cover his butt, then yes you do.

Edited by disaacs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

If he's not working within the system and is bringing the rest of the defense down to cover your butt, then yes you do.

Yes. Sorry, I should have clarified that it’s not something you do unless the guy is a problem in the locker room, or off the field. 

You don’t just get rid of that level of talent to simply gain extra building blocks, when he’s the sort of talent that should be a cornerstone. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Yes. Sorry, I should have clarified that it’s not something you do unless the guy is a problem in the locker room, or off the field. 

You don’t just get rid of that level of talent to simply gain extra building blocks, when he’s the sort of talent that should be a cornerstone. 

The Chiefs have to pay him to keep him around. They obviously didn't feel comfortable doing so, this trade makes sense for both teams. I'd expect that the Chiefs first round pick will be heading to LA.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The Chiefs have to pay him to keep him around. They obviously didn't feel comfortable doing so, this trade makes sense for both teams. I'd expect that the Chiefs first round pick will be heading to LA.

The Chiefs don't have a 1st rd pick.  

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Why would the Chiefs be sending a 1st round pick, if they had one, and Peters to LA?

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

A player doing what the coach asks him to do is "yikes"? 

A coach publicly admitting that he doesn't care what a player is good at and is just gonna run "his" system blindly is pretty much the definition of bad coaching.