2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I have not yet seen him. How is he at getting off blocks and coverage?

Wasn't super impressed with him last year, but watching him this year, he seems very good at reading the play and being in the right place at the right time. Very fast LBer with a "Reported 40 time" at 4.38, so probably add .1 to that 4.4-4.5. 6'3 241. He can be an agile MIKE or a Strong WILL. His biggest struggle though is zone coverage, I have seen it improved from last year to this year, and it's something that can probably be fixed with decent coaching. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

Let's sayall of our picks are top 15.

Should we keep 2, then trade back into the 20's for an extra 2 or 2023 1st?

Keep 2, trade one for an established player?

Keep one, trade one for a player, and trade back for more picks?

I say we keep 2, and trade one for a plethora of assets, present and future. Trading draft picks is like investing, you don't have that immediate payoff, but in the long run you'll have more to work with and be in a better position. That's how I've always viewed it.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Let's sayall of our picks are top 15.

Should we keep 2, then trade back into the 20's for an extra 2 or 2023 1st?

Keep 2, trade one for an established player?

Keep one, trade one for a player, and trade back for more picks?

Who's making the picks in this scenario?

If it's Howie you have to keep all three because he's going to whiff on two of them. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Who's making the picks in this scenario?

If it's Howie you have to keep all three because he's going to whiff on two of them. 

If it's up to Howie, trade all 3 for established players. A 1st and 2nd for Josh Allen. A 1st for a good WR. Our other 1st for a good safety. And a 3rd for an ok LB.

Realistically - you make two first round picks, trade one for picks next year and give Hurts another year to see what he's got. Then you have the ammo to move up if there's a quarterback worth taking (Young, Stroud, Richardson, Sims, Max Johnson, DJ U) if Hurts isn't the guy. 

• Like 1