2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not sure we needed to know that....but hope it works out for you :)

It won't, it never does. Have yet to this day have the Packers draft one of my many draft crushes. David Johnson, Antonio Gibson, Anthony Miller, Chris Jones, DK, Diontae Johnson, Derwin James, Tony Jefferson, Sharrif Floyd. 

I'm not always right, but it would make me happy if it happens just once

I think back in the day I was GM for FFMD and I traded up to get Sharrif Floyd lol

Edited by JBURGE

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

It won't, it never does. Have yet to this day have the Packers draft one of my many draft crushes. David Johnson, Antonio Gibson, Anthony Miller, Chris Jones, DK, Diontae Johnson, Derwin James, Tony Jefferson, Sharrif Floyd. 

I think back in the day I was GM for FFMD and I traded up to get Sharrif Floyd lol

Oh....I agree. Thats why I dont get all worked up over the draft.
A. I dont know the broad band of players.
B. Invariably the guys I'd like them to draft - more often than not, doesnt happen. Oh well.

I really just want them to seriously address the WR room - with some year 1 contributor(s). Players. Difference makers. Will they? No clue.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I still remember 2012. As Jerel Worthy started to slip in the draft I literally yelled at my monitor "Come on TT!. Draft up and get Worthy!" He did. The rest is history. I'll try to contain myself this year. 🥵

• Like 2

I've decided to shift my draft wants to be based on names I would want on the back of a Packers jersey.  We take any of these guys and I'll convince myself the draft was good no matter what.    (Any of these guys actually a fit in GB?)

LB Darian Beavers, Cincinnati

OL Cole Strange, Chattanooga

OL Zach Tom, Wake Forest

TE Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina

S Yusuf Corker, Kentucky

K Cameron Dicker, Texas

WR Ty Fryfogle, Indiana

LB Jerimiah Moon, Florida

CB Smoke Monday, Auburn

OL Nicholas Petit-Frere, Ohio State

WR Charleston Rambo, Miami

• Like 3

Just some food for thought:

Draft position of Top 10 Wide Receivers in 2021 in terms of receiving yards:

Cooper Kupp  (69)

Justin Jefferson  (22)

Davante Adams  (53)

Ja'marr Chase  (5)

Deebo Samuel  (36)

Tyreek Hill  (165)

Stephon Diggs  (146)

Tyler Lockett  (69)

Diontae Johnson  (66)

D.J. Moore  (24)

23 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Just some food for thought:

Draft position of Top 10 Wide Receivers in 2021 in terms of receiving yards:

Cooper Kupp  (69)

Justin Jefferson  (22)

Davante Adams  (53)

Ja'marr Chase  (5)

Deebo Samuel  (36)

Tyreek Hill  (165)

Stephon Diggs  (146)

Tyler Lockett  (69)

Diontae Johnson  (66)

D.J. Moore  (24)

This is good analysis to find the range one can expect to find a good receiver. Late first to mid third seems to be the sweet spot, with only Hill, Diggs and Chase as the exceptions. Aside from a sample size problem that's inevitable, one has to feel pretty good about getting on or two in that range.

I'd be shocked if we went WR at 22, but after that I could see us tapping that well at least a couple times before the end of Rd 3.

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

I still remember 2012. As Jerel Worthy started to slip in the draft I literally yelled at my monitor "Come on TT!. Draft up and get Worthy!" He did. The rest is history. I'll try to contain myself this year. 🥵

I still remember when we were making our swap from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and the Packers took BJ And then Everett Brown was slipping and I was screaming at my TV trade up and get him! Then the Packers trade up, I’m elated thinking it HAS to be Brown and it was CM3, I threw my remote at the Wall and said WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FU*K! 

Fast forward a few years and I’ve just accepted the fact they know more than I ever will. 

I think my biggest draft crush that the Packers actually did take was Jonathan Franklin though. I literally pounded the table for that kid and was elated when we got him 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I still remember when we were making our swap from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and the Packers took BJ And then Everett Brown was slipping and I was screaming at my TV trade up and get him! Then the Packers trade up, I’m elated thinking it HAS to be Brown and it was CM3, I threw my remote at the Wall and said WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FU*K! 

Fast forward a few years and I’ve just accepted the fact they know more than I ever will. 

I think my biggest draft crush that the Packers actually did take was Jonathan Franklin though. I literally pounded the table for that kid and was elated when we got him 

The relentless one!

21 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Mine was easily HaHa Clinton-Dix.  I thought it was a pipe dream that we land him.  Great safety, from a great program, and we needed a safety in the worst way.  I was kind of right? 

I also really liked EQ, Kevin King, Eddie Lacy, and Randall Cobb.  I don't think anyone else has even been on my radar.  Bulaga, I guess, but I thought he was going to be like pick 10, so I didn't even think about it.  I also think I made a joke about drafting Richard Rodgers so we could get another Rodgers from Cal, but I wouldn't call that a draft crush.  

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Great numbers but we don't draft Badgers. I wish we would reverse course on that though. 

Van Lanen, Biegel, Abbrederis, Ferrario, Tauscher. That is 5 players since 2000. In comparison; Alabama 3, Clemson 2, Florida 3, Georgia 2, Iowa 6, LSU 5, Michigan 3, Notre Dame 3, Ohio State 7, Oklahoma 3, Penn State 2, Texas 1, Texas A&M 6, USC 2. 

Really don't think not drafting Badgers is a thing. 

• Like 1