2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

7 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Some insight into draft needs/wants from GB? Hope so

With the additions of TJ Slaton last year and Jarran Reed this offseason, I'm really excited for the group. Not to mention Lowry played pretty damn good last year too. I don't think we'll draft DT in round one, but if we could snag one of Leal or Winfrey in the 2nd I'd be stoked. 

9 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

With the additions of TJ Slaton last year and Jarran Reed this offseason, I'm really excited for the group. Not to mention Lowry played pretty damn good last year too. I don't think we'll draft DT in round one, but if we could snag one of Leal or Winfrey in the 2nd I'd be stoked. 

If you look down stress in 2023, DL is Clark and Slaton under contract.  So if the value in round 1 is there for DL, it very well could be the pick

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Watch us all be wrong and Gute snags Wyatt at 22. I mean the guy did have a ridiculous 10-yard split. 

Is he old? Otherwise, he seems like he'd be an obvious "in hindsight" pick for sure. IDL, EDGE, OT are what I'd predict for our two firsts. Sleeper is CB if the value hits right. 

Edited by incognito_man

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Is he old? Otherwise, he seems like he'd be an obvious "in hindsight" pick for sure. IDL, EDGE, OT are what I'd predict for our two firsts. Sleeper is CB if the value hits right. 

Yea he's 24.

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Agree with this totally not in that order of course. BPA within those position groups. I think they take WR in the second and top up the front 7. I would love to go Edge and IDL with 2 of the first 3 just have some really solid depth and fire in our front as our back end is already there. 

55 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If you look down stress in 2023, DL is Clark and Slaton under contract.  So if the value in round 1 is there for DL, it very well could be the pick

Good point. I think Jones and Wyatt could be in play for round one, but I think a guy like Leal or Winfrey would be better value in R2. All speculation really, just wish these 2.5 weeks fly by so the damn draft can be here already! 

44 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea he's 24.

I wonder if because of Covid if this year will be an outlier for their age metrics. Because typically they draft like 21 year olds in the first.

But there are a lot of “older” prospects this draft. Wonder if they still avoid them, at least early, or if they chalk it up to Covid and what the football landscape has been the year 2 years because of it.

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I wonder if because of Covid if this year will be an outlier for their age metrics. Because typically they draft like 21 year olds in the first.

But there are a lot of “older” prospects this draft. Wonder if they still avoid them, at least early, or if they chalk it up to Covid and what the football landscape has been the year 2 years because of it.

I was saying this the other day actually but still, I think that makes you more comfortable with 22-23, but 24...after a 5 year rookie deal, the second contract may be the last lol.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was saying this the other day actually but still, I think that makes you more comfortable with 22-23, but 24...after a 5 year rookie deal, the second contract may be the last lol.

If GB is win now with Rodgers, then a 24 year old rookie that can come in and be more ready vs a 21/22 year old may make more sense.  I get the looking at that 2nd contract, but if you get 4-5 really good years from that pick, it might be as good/better than getting 2-3 back end years of the rookie contract + a potential at a 2nd contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Agreed, good thing is GB typically operates that way (2nd contract is the last contract in Green Bay). I guess it would come down to the position wear and tear (like a RB that is 24 and will be 29 at the end of their rookie… likely wouldn’t even get the second contract, but maybe an Oline guy that has no injury history could make it work as a mid 30s player).

But it makes me wonder about Boye, Jermaine, Raimann, etc. and with the Rodgers timeline. But then the question of, are these guys doing well because they are older pops up too.