2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Who is everyone’s draft crush? Mine is Jalen Petri, truly believe that he would complete our backfield and give Barry a true STAR that can provide run support and blitz. 

Get an EDGE rusher or pass rushing DL late in the 2nd and our defense will be amazing. 

13 minutes ago, R T said:

*Shh, smokescreen. 

Likely… he doesn’t seem like their type at the position. Travis Jones seems like a better match to that.

I believe they also brought in Perrin Winfrey… or maybe it was an article saying they like Winfrey. Can’t remember 

Starting to see Drake Jackson as a possible sleeper to watch at 28 (assuming we don't get an EDGE at 22). Was up to 273 at his Pro Day and had a 7.09 3-cone. Just turned 21 a few days ago. Haven't talked about him much but I think he's rising in the second tier of the Edge group. End of the 1st may be a bit high for him but Gutey loves "traits" and Jackson has them. 

• Like 1

So there was a comment I can't find recently regarding about the Feruson visit and the local "exemption" regarding pre draft visits which I kinda knew about. Am I right that in state college or high school players don't count against the 30 visits? Seems like that would be SUPER DUPER incredibly bias against say us, Seattle, Minnesota, Broncos or the Bills versus the Saints/Falcons, or Cali/Texas/FL teams.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Starting to see Drake Jackson as a possible sleeper to watch at 28 (assuming we don't get an EDGE at 22). Was up to 273 at his Pro Day and had a 7.09 3-cone. Just turned 21 a few days ago. Haven't talked about him much but I think he's rising in the second tier of the Edge group. End of the 1st may be a bit high for him but Gutey loves "traits" and Jackson has them. 

Yah a guy not on anyone's radar.  That sounds right to me.  

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Is he old? Otherwise, he seems like he'd be an obvious "in hindsight" pick for sure. IDL, EDGE, OT are what I'd predict for our two firsts. Sleeper is CB if the value hits right. 

Any other year I’d agree but I think you need to factor in the Rodgers is 38 and we just traded away the best WR in the league more. Idc if it’s mainstream thinking or whatever, it’s going to factor in. They’re gonna want to make 12 happy.

One first rounder is likely a luxury TT/ Gutey position or BPA, the other will be to upgrade the offense. Which could be a WR, but not necessarily. 

I think it’s been laughed at but My dark horse in the late 1st/early 2nd trade up is this dude. They have to love this guy.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Any other year I’d agree but I think you need to factor in the Rodgers is 38 and we just traded away the best WR in the league more. Idc if it’s mainstream thinking or whatever, it’s going to factor in. They’re gonna want to make 12 happy.

One first rounder is likely a luxury TT/ Gutey position or BPA, the other will be to upgrade the offense. Which could be a WR, but not necessarily. 

I think it’s been laughed at but My dark horse in the late 1st/early 2nd trade up is this dude. They have to love this guy.

Yuck! Maybe late 3rd/early 4th. He is already 24 years old and has not shown any production in college. Plus it takes 3-4 years for TE to hit their stride which would make him 28 when he starts producing. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's a guy I constantly pick at 53 in mocks not because I love him but because he checks all the boxes the FO seems to love when I ignore what I want vs. what I should expect. 

11 minutes ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Yuck! Maybe late 3rd/early 4th. He is already 24 years old and has not shown any production in college. Plus it takes 3-4 years for TE to hit their stride which would make him 28 when he starts producing. 

6’7 dudes with that athletic ability aren’t lasting until the 4th round.

25 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

He's a guy I constantly pick at 53 in mocks not because I love him but because he checks all the boxes the FO seems to love when I ignore what I want vs. what I should expect. 

That would seem like a more preferable spot for him but every year I feel like we take at least one guy who I thought would go a round later. I mocked Deguara to us a few times in 2020 but it was always in the 4th, not the 3rd. 

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

6’7 dudes with that athletic ability aren’t lasting until the 4th round.

The issue is he is 24… gb doesn’t use 1st rounders on prospects unless they are younger, like 21.

He may not last until 3/4… but I don’t see GB picking him in the 1st… maybe in the 2nd at the highest.

Zach kruse made a list of 21 or young guys with 9.0 RAS or higher list. It was…

Aidan Hutchinson – Kyle Hamilton – Derek Stingley – Kayvon Thibodeaux – Travon Walker – Trent McDuffie – George Karlaftis – David Obajo – George Pickens – Quay Walker

He also had a list of 21 or younger guys with missing RAS that list is…

Sauce Gardner – Evan Neal – Drake London – Tyler Linderbaum – Jameson Williams – Nakobe Dean – Andrew Booth

————

I believe this is why George Pickens is becoming the main WR packer-dum is focus on because he fits all their metrics (outside of 3 cone I believe, Ted loved his 3 cone). If Drake tests and test well, he fits very well too.

Someone mentioned Stingley earlier too as a dark horse pick if he falls given the reporting around him lately… the metrics above would suggest GB has a higher grade on him than not.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

The issue is he is 24… gb doesn’t use 1st rounders on prospects unless they are younger, like 21.

He may not last until 3/4… but I don’t see GB picking him in the 1st… maybe in the 2nd at the highest.

Zach kruse made a list of 21 or young guys with 9.0 RAS or higher list. It was…

Aidan Hutchinson – Kyle Hamilton – Derek Stingley – Kayvon Thibodeaux – Travon Walker – Trent McDuffie – George Karlaftis – David Obajo – George Pickens – Quay Walker

He also had a list of 21 or younger guys with missing RAS that list is…

Sauce Gardner – Evan Neal – Drake London – Tyler Linderbaum – Jameson Williams – Nakobe Dean – Andrew Booth

————

I believe this is why George Pickens is becoming the main WR packer-dum is focus on because he fits all their metrics (outside of 3 cone I believe, Ted loved his 3 cone). If Drake tests and test well, he fits very well too.

Someone mentioned Stingley earlier too as a dark horse pick if he falls given the reporting around him lately… the metrics above would suggest GB has a higher grade on him than not.

He's 23, but yes age could be an issue. I just think he's going earlier than many suspect and that GB is likely high on him.

22 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He's 23, but yes age could be an issue. I just think he's going earlier than many suspect and that GB is likely high on him.

I just think it's too deep of a TE class to go with one who lacked the college production of others. 3rd and 4th round should be ripe with lots of quality TEs based on every mock simulator I've done, give me someone like Otton, Rickert, Likely or Kolar before Woods.

Not sure it was already reported regarding Adam Anderson, the judge denied his request to dismiss the case.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/judge-denies-uga-football-adam-anderson-request-to-dismiss-rape-charge

I know nothing about American law but I feel for the guy on the level that this is more than 5 months after his arrest and the proseuction has yet to indict him.