2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wilson had more catches and more yards than Olave last year, and is a year younger. 

I think you read it wrong. This was a discussion about Williams (from Alabama) and Olave. Who would go first off the board. 

3 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Just move around to get Watson, Pierce and Tolbert. Thank you. 

Tolbert's age and comp probably pushes him to R4, but he should go higher. 

Agreed on Watson.  I think real hard on him at 28 if I'm GB.

Watson and Pierce probably may need a move into pick 40-45 otherwise.

Tolbert round 3/4

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Tolbert round 3/4

I read Watson has a difficult time tracking the deep ball. It's great to have that speed, but if you can't catch it when you're open that is a problem. He's certainly got the measureables you'd like. Almost Calvin Johnson like from that standpoint. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's as tall as Dotson only 17 lbs. heavier with better athletic traits. Taller than Rodgers and same height as Cobb only a much better athlete than both. You may be right, but this kid is going to be a player. Day 1 in camp, he's our best slot receiver. 

As for Williams I don't know enough about him overall to dispute anything you are saying. Given Rodgers is year to year at this point, I'd think Olave would make more sense. FYI, he's not much bigger than Skyy Moore either! 😉

Packers typically draw a real fine line with WR measurements. They drafted Rodgers last year with an eye on him being a returner and jet player, but I don't expect them to take a 1st/2nd round WR under 6 ft. That probably includes Dotson even though he's 5'11. 

Moreover, as you noted, Cobb and Rodgers are both slot guys. Even if the Packers could upgrade there, they aren't benching Cobb and probably want Rodgers to get more opportunities too. So I don't see them looking for another small slot.

They need an X receiver after losing Adams. 

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Tolbert round 3/4

I get serious MVS vibes when I see Watson. Not necessarily the same skill sets, but the rawness of the players. I don't think Watson helps you a ton right away. I'd be okay with him with our 59 pick, but no earlier. Still seeing a lot of mocks with him lasting until our 3rd even after his combine.

Edited by packfanfb

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I read Watson has a difficult time tracking the deep ball. It's great to have that speed, but if you can't catch it when you're open that is a problem. He's certainly got the measureables you'd like. Almost Calvin Johnson like from that standpoint. 

I am not seeing that as an issue.

Source ??

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I get serious MVS vibes when I see Watson. Not necessarily the same skill sets, but the rawness of the players. I don't think Watson helps you a ton right away. I'd be okay with him with our 59 pick, but no earlier. Still seeing a lot of mocks with him lasting until our 3rd even after his combine.

I think he is very different than MVS.

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Tolbert round 3/4

25-40 for Watson, 50-75 for Pierce and 100-120 for Tolbert. 

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I have watched every game of his career and tracking the deep ball was never an issue. He had some drop issues as a junior but it was more with contested or semi contested catches. He looked to have fixed the drops this past season though.