2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Been slowly watching WRs over the last few days... Alec Pierce is JJAW, gross. Would not be happy with him

Skyy Moore is like identical to Golden Tate to me, I like him in the 2nd but still not on my short list. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I really like George Pickens. He kinda reminds me of Calvin Ridley coming out, but Pickens doesn't have the production with his injury. 

My Ridley comp is Olave. Basically the same size. Ridley had a 31 vert, Olave was 32. Both are smooth af as route runners and just glide past defenders. 

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

My Ridley comp is Olave. Basically the same size. Ridley had a 31 vert, Olave was 32. Both are smooth af as route runners and just glide past defenders. 

I'm just watching Olave now. Great comp, better than the Pickens one. I will have to watch Pickens again, he's a little clunkier but still really like him especially since he goes a full round later I bet and is a year younger

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

The more I look at him, I don't see how the Packers don't walk away with Tyler Smith at 28 (if someone doesn't take him before that). Would be an instant impact starter at RG over Newman and could be in the running to start at RT until Jenkins gets back. When 74 returns, having him next to Smith would make our right side dominant and mean af. 

To cap it off, Smith had a 8.77 RAS and turns 21 next month.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Wonder if GB would make a move for him?

So at 4.6+ he's not a deep safety, but he played well in college so the instincts are there, and you can use him in that Safety/LB hybrid role teams like now.  My personal preference is to not spend first round picks on safeties who can't do all the things.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The more I look at him, I don't see how the Packers don't walk away with Tyler Smith at 28 (if someone doesn't take him before that). Would be an instant impact starter at RG over Newman and could be in the running to start at RT until Jenkins gets back. When 74 returns, having him next to Smith would make our right side dominant and mean af. 

There has been a lot of buzz about him after he tested well at the combine, but I wasn't overly impressed after watching him against Houston, Ohio State, and Oklahoma State. He's solid, but has a strange pass set and had a lot of penalties. I'd be surprised if he went in round 1. Abraham Lucas is intriguing to me.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What did you think of his tape vs. Oklahoma St? He got beat often. Hard to see him playing OT at the next level. Looks like an OG-only. Isn't 28 a bit high for that? He and another T/G, Sean Rhyan, both likely available for GB in the late 2nd. 

1 hour ago, TheEagle said:

There has been a lot of buzz about him after he tested well at the combine, but I wasn't overly impressed after watching him against Houston, Ohio State, and Oklahoma State. He's solid, but has a strange pass set and had a lot of penalties. I'd be surprised if he went in round 1. Abraham Lucas is intriguing to me.

After taking a quick look myself, I think that has everything to do with how much you trust Stenovich and Butkus to develop new players, and what you think of this guy's work ethic.  He is out there winning by out athleteing his opponents.  That doesn't work at the NFL level, and as pointed out, doesn't work against the highest tier college programs either.  The Packers tried it with Kofi Amichia a few years ago (I believe under Campen) and it just didn't work.  But I really like the idea, when the tools are there, and in this case, they are.  

7 hours ago, Les Punting said:

What did you think of his tape vs. Oklahoma St? He got beat often. Hard to see him playing OT at the next level. Looks like an OG-only. Isn't 28 a bit high for that? He and another T/G, Sean Rhyan, both likely available for GB in the late 2nd. 

I think hand placement is the biggest issue you have to work on if you put him at OT and you have to fix the hook move he tends to use if he feels he's getting beat around the edge but I think he's a day 1 Jenkins-level OG. 93 run blocking grade from PFF. Guy moves people in the run game and we need that upgrade, even on the inside. I'm fine with drafting a guard at 28 who can play OT if needed. Again, our future at OT is already set IMO with Bak and Jenkins once he comes back. We need to replace Jenkins' physically on the interior and Smith does that. 

Again, the capper here as well is that he'll be 21 next month. Gute loves those young guys.

Peter Bukowski -  Matt LaFleur said the team needs to add speed to take the top off the defense.

Among WRs who fit the Packers preferred athletic mold, guys who ran sub-4.4

Velus Jones 4.31
Danny Gray 4.33
Bo Melton 4.34
Christian Watson 4.36
Chris Olave 4.39
And Alec Pierce ran 4.41

Speed is more than 40 times too. Jordy Nelson was a 4.5s tester who became one of the best deep threats in the game. Why? He was 6’3 217.

He was an 88th percentile Speed Score player.

Treylon Burks ran a “slow” 4.55, but he’s 6’2 225. 87th percentile speed score. He’s fast.

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Williams is interesting. Fits the GB EDGE profile and is an explosive, high upside talent, but had the 2020 sexual battery arrest (charges dropped). 

At 6-4 and 261 pounds, Williams ran the 40-yard dash in 4.46 seconds, hit 33″ in the vertical and covered 123″ in the broad jump at the combine. He was clocked under 7.0 seconds in the three-cone drill at his pro day last week. He also improved his vertical to 36″ and put up 25 reps on the bench press.

Coming out of the combine, his Relative Athletic Score was 9.55 out of 10.

Packers to host official pre-draft visit with Ole Miss edge rusher Sam Williams (usatoday.com)