2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think so. 

I don't see how it doesn't. You dont take on that contract, and trade a 3rd and a 2nd while swapping 2nds and still take a QB at #11.

If we were going to take a QB at #11, we would've just done that instead of trading for Wentz.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I don't see how it doesn't. You dont take on that contract, and trade a 3rd and a 2nd while swapping 2nds and still take a QB at #11.

If we were going to take a QB at #11, we would've just done that instead of trading for Wentz.

It's unlikely, but it can't be ruled out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

Yes that makes complete sense, except that most times when the 5th is used the interpretation is that he is hiding something. 

Sure, of course it is.

But when you don’t use it, the outcome often is that you hang yourself by incriminating yourself. This is why people who do what I do insist that our clients not speak to police and most often don’t let them testify freely either. Especially not in civil proceedings where the only thing at risk is money (and the client has plenty of that). 

Maybe they have him coached up enough that they feel safe he won’t say anything that could possibly hurt his criminal case. Seems like a big risk to take with a guy in his position.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Derek Stingly Jr or Nakobe Dean. Or I just need to figure out who has military parents. 

I think we go WR to help Wentz out with more weapons. Either Burke, Olave or Garret Wilson.

I think we sign a MLB & slot CB in free agency.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think we go WR to help Wentz out with more weapons. Either Burke, Olave or Garret Wilson.

I think we go with BPA. 40 times dont really justify the speed in game. 

Olave is just a smoother route runner altogether. But if Williams is available, he is the best vertical threat in this draft. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I feel bad now for being so harsh on your takes about Willis. Dreams are tough things to see die, but you seem to have bounced back quick enough. :)

I agree with your assessment here. WR should slit perfectly or BPA at 11.

Edited by MacDog

6 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

So, I can tell you that Malik Willis is not the answer and I pray that Seattle grabs him. His combine and the NFL QB draft hype machine is pushing him higher than he should be. I don't see top 10 player. 

Marginal Senior Bowl. Minimal competition. Still didnt dominate the conference. 

I hope if they go the draft route that its either Corral at 11 or Strong in the 2nd. 

I think Seattle ends up with Watson.  Pete Carrol is a collector of misfit toys.

I just hope we don't trade up for a qb.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

Well all signs are now pointing towards WR. It's too bad there's not a top-10 type prospect in my opinion. 

If the guy we like isn't a top 11 pick and we think we can get him (or an equivalent) later and another team wants into #11 to get a player, then move back and pick up more ammo for 2023 so we can use it to get the QBOTF

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

If the guy we like isn't a top 11 pick and we think we can get him (or an equivalent) later and another team wants into #11 to get a player, then move back and pick up more ammo for 2023 so we can use it to get the QBOTF

Using  first rd picks as a weapon to obtain multiple picks up and down the draft including next yr draft. This strategy is especially good when you have a deep draft. After todays trade we only have 5 picks in this yr's draft. The lb's and DE look strong. The problem is I think we are stuck. We don't have a general manager that can find talent in the latter rds or find good undrafted prospect. I think these groups are the difference makers in any draft. But I still love your though of trading our first rd pick.

• Like 1

Watching Wentz highlights from last season, he leaned really heavily on the big body, possession receiver stylings of Michael Pittman, who made some really nice plays for him. Some guy here banged the drum hard for Pittman when he was coming out, that call looked pretty good on the Wentz film. 

He also had success with Alshon Jeffery in Philly, even though Alshon apparently hated his guts. 

For me, the lesson is maybe we do need to focus on size a bit. It’s a really easy comparison with them both being USC guys, but Drake London does have a lot of Pittman traits, in terms of being a big guy who knows how to use his body and who also runs surprisingly good routes. I don’t think he has the same level of understanding of leverage that Pittman did, but he’s actually seemingly a bit more fluid athlete and he does more after the catch. He projects as “reliable” to me, and Wentz needs that (because he himself is not always reliable). 

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Watching Wentz highlights from last season, he leaned really heavily on the big body, possession receiver stylings of Michael Pittman, who made some really nice plays for him. Some guy here banged the drum hard for Pittman when he was coming out, that call looked pretty good on the Wentz film. 

He also had success with Alshon Jeffery in Philly, even though Alshon apparently hated his guts. 

For me, the lesson is maybe we do need to focus on size a bit. It’s a really easy comparison with them both being USC guys, but Drake London does have a lot of Pittman traits, in terms of being a big guy who knows how to use his body and who also runs surprisingly good routes. I don’t think he has the same level of understanding of leverage that Pittman did, but he’s actually seemingly a bit more fluid athlete and he does more after the catch. He projects as “reliable” to me, and Wentz needs that (because he himself is not always reliable). 

I will be absolutely shocked if the pick at 11 isn't a receiver now. Who knows? Maybe they surprise and take Malik Willis. I seriously doubt it and really don't want them too. My guess is they go with Garrett Wilson.