2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

On 10/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, turtle28 said:

Well if there’s a good QB available or a great LT prospect those positions trump the other positions we need on the team, but there has to be someone worth taking.

I really feel like by seasons end with the loaded OL class I’m seeing so far that’s where the value will be. I think for this staff that’s going to be a focus as well. I think the Stingley injury makes this interesting though because if he’s avalible I’d have a hard time passing on him

20 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I really feel like by seasons end with the loaded OL class I’m seeing so far that’s where the value will be. I think for this staff that’s going to be a focus as well. I think the Stingley injury makes this interesting though because if he’s avalible I’d have a hard time passing on him

I hear you & I’m with you but, I have to say if we’re picking in the top 10 - which I think we will be - and don’t go QB, I’m really hoping we take Kyle Hamilton from Notre Dame.

Some people have poo pooed how important a great FS is to a defense for a decade in this forum, it’s never been more evident than this year how important a great FS can be for a defense when you watch our defense.

If we drafted Hamilton next draft & then, WJ3 & Juice grow & improve in our defense over the next month as he should I think they will, getting that last missing piece for our D, a dominate FS w/ great range could catapult our D into a definite top 5 D. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I hear you & I’m with you but, I have to say if we’re picking in the top 10 - which I think we will be - and don’t go QB, I’m really hoping we take Kyle Hamilton from Notre Dame.

Some people have poo pooed how important a great FS is to a defense for a decade in this forum, it’s never been more evident than this year how important a great FS can be for a defense when you watch our defense.

If we drafted Hamilton next draft & then, WJ3 & Juice grow & improve in our defense over the next month as he should I think they will, getting that last missing piece for our D, a dominate FS w/ great range could catapult our D into a definite top 5 D. 

I love Hamilton. But this is by far the best batch of safties I’ve seen in recent memory. I think there’s great value at that spot. But I would not be mad at that pick because Hamilton is a heck of a player. Watch 32 today for Oklahoma. He’s a very rangy FS with speed instincts and he can catch. I’m not a Saftey hater I think you have to have a great one to have a great defense. So I’m with you I want that position finally filled. It’s been too long since we’ve had a game changer there. I think Curl is one. But sadly this staff is in love with Landons talk and clearly can’t tell there’s a better player there. Hamilton and Curl would be a insane duo!!!

Just now, lavar703 said:

Matt Corral is extremely good. Dudes accuracy is insane. 

He has really impressed me today after last week his mental toughness is standing out as well. He fits this system perfectly. Lots of football left this year but he’s tough as nails

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

He has really impressed me today after last week his mental toughness is standing out as well. He fits this system perfectly. Lots of football left this year but he’s tough as nails

That pass along the sidelines was crazy. Just a laser, dead on between two defenders. 

• Like 2

Just now, lavar703 said:

That pass along the sidelines was crazy. Just a laser, dead on between two defenders. 

He’s killing it. This Texas RB I have a serious man crush I’m spit screened right now. I legit love this guy!!! That throw was super big time. I think Corral has actually been the guy who handled the hype and backed it up and IMO has exceeded my expectations to date

Traylon Burks is a man out wide!!! Sorry I chopped the spelling probably but that guy is a freak athlete who hand engulfs everything. He has huge hands he’s a smooth route guy amazing bod control this guy needs to be getting looks from our scouts. Terry with this type of guy playing the Cam Simms role would be an amazing upgrade.

Edited by ripsean21

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with the importance of FS.  If we had a good FS then we could actually use our Strong safeties as strong safeties.  I liked Holland last year.  I still wonder if Paris Ford could be a reclamation project.

Hamilton has a knack for the ball.  But I don't know what to think of Hamilton.  He is awfully big for a FS.  I can't think of a comparable player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

I agree with the importance of FS.  If we had a good FS then we could actually use our Strong safeties as strong safeties.  I liked Holland last year.  I still wonder if Paris Ford could be a reclamation project.

Hamilton has a knack for the ball.  But I don't know what to think of Hamilton.  He is awfully big for a FS.  I can't think of a comparable player.

Holland is that guy!!! We had a big FS once. One who could get INT’s and fumbles and clear ground and strike. Hamilton isn’t the striker for sure but he’s a tangy player especially with his size

Edited by ripsean21

49 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Texas LB Oversean is a game wrecker. The ball is always being attacked by 0 he’s fast. I’ve seen him need to wrap guys better but this guy the last 3 weeks just constantly jumps off the screen.

I think at 6’4” he could use about 7 or so pounds of girth. Listed at 223

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

Just now, offbyone said:

Not in terms of length.  Maybe in terms of ball hawking range.  I can't believe Hamilton is as agile as Holland.  But he sure has something to him.  

Holland is just a football player I loved his tape and game. I thought he was the best in last years class for sure. Hamilton is a different level prospect all together

• Like 1