2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

Just now, lavar703 said:

My guess is he goes back to UVA. One more season and he’s most likely a first round pick. Right now he’d be a 4th-7th rounder plus the injury. 

That sounds way low.  Especially in this class.  He was 4th in the nation in passing yards and he only played 11 games. There's no way he would slide past the 2nd round imo.  He's likely a first round pick this year. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

That sounds way low.  Especially in this class.  He was 4th in the nation in passing yards and he only played 11 games. There's no way he would slide past the 2nd round imo.  He's likely a first round pick this year. 

I really don’t think so. I don’t hear much about him outside of the ACC. I don’t think he goes ahead of the 5 QBs mentioned often already. If he was a 1st or 2nd rounder then it would be very unlikely he comes back into a new scheme. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I really don’t think so. I don’t hear much about him outside of the ACC. I don’t think he goes ahead of the 5 QBs mentioned often already. If he was a 1st or 2nd rounder then it would be very unlikely he comes back into a new scheme. 

Yep. He’s a mid-rounder at best. I think if he stays, puts another good season together and UVA plays well he could jump to the first but no way he’s a first rounder now. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. He’s a mid-rounder at best. I think if he stays, puts another good season together and UVA plays well he could jump to the first but no way he’s a first rounder now. 

agree. Sure he put up gaudy numbers, but plenty have done that and never even got drafted. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s only January obviously. If Armstrong came out performed well at the combine and at his pro day I could’ve seen him working his way up from a mid-round pick to a 2nd round pick. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

agree. Sure he put up gaudy numbers, but plenty have done that and never even got drafted. 

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what Pickett or Howell are doing in the ACC that make them 1st round picks vs what Armstrong is doing - or isn't - that makes him at best a 3rd round pick.

Drafttek has Armstrong & Hartman as late 3rd round picks or early 4th round picks, like in the Kirk Cousins range.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what Pickett or Howell are doing in the ACC that make them 1st round picks vs what Armstrong is doing - or isn't - that makes him at best a 3rd round pick.

Drafttek has Armstrong & Hartman as late 3rd round picks or early 4th round picks, like in the Kirk Cousins range.

So like I said. 4th-7th round. I would be willing to bet he goes closer to the 7th round if he enters. 

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So like I said. 4th-7th round. I would be willing to bet he goes closer to the 7th round if he enters. 

How do you get late 3rd or early 4th and swing that into he'll be closer to the 7th?

When I watch Armstrong and Hartman I don't see any difference between them and Corral, Pickett & Howell other than athleticism maybe?

This reminds me of the Mac Jones debates. 😂 

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How do you get late 3rd or early 4th and swing that into he'll be closer to the 7th?

When I watch Armstrong and Hartman I don't see any difference between them and Corral, Pickett & Howell other than athleticism maybe?

This reminds me of the Mac Jones debates. 😂 

Kenny Pickett was one of the best players in college football. Howell has been great for three years. Maybe Corral but only because he really took off this season. Brennan Armstrong is a talent but if he enters this draft he’s going anywhere between the 4th and 7th round. If he stays for another season and grows he’s probably a first round pick. He has that kind of ability from what I’ve seen. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Kenny Pickett was one of the best players in college football. Howell has been great for three years. Maybe Corral but only because he really took off this season. Brennan Armstrong is a talent but if he enters this draft he’s going anywhere between the 4th and 7th round. If he stays for another season and grows he’s probably a first round pick. He has that kind of ability from what I’ve seen. 

I mean Dwayne Haskins was a 1 year wonder and went in the 1st round.  

I would love to land Corral.  He just reminds me so much of Russell Wilson of his timing and mannerisms to tuck and run.  3 inches taller doesn't hurt, the constant blocks by DE's and LB's is crushing when everybody does their part to make a great play happen.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sam Hartman had 4228 yds & 39 TDs and 11 rushing TDs for 50 total TDs on the season.

Armstrong: 4444 yds, 31 passing TDs & 9 rushing TDs for 40 total TDs.

If they came out and I missed on Corral, Pickett & Howell in round 1, I’d take either of these two in round 2. Regardless of who we draft this year I think they should sit at least the first half of the year behind Heinicke, Kyle Allen or if we acquire another QB through FA or trade.

12 hours ago, daskins said:

I would love to land Corral.  He just reminds me so much of Russell Wilson of his timing and mannerisms to tuck and run.  3 inches taller doesn't hurt, the constant blocks by DE's and LB's is crushing when everybody does their part to make a great play happen.  

He’s definitely my #1 QB. I don’t think he’ll be there for us. I think Houston takes him unless they trade Watson to Miami and they get back Tua in that trade package.

The Eagles could trade up to get Pickett - although their fans don’t think they will - and then, Carolina could take Howell infront of us. 

If it breaks down like that we could find ourselves taking Malik Willis and running a zone read offense with him like we did w/ RG3 when he was a rookie and in his 2nd year. I would just hope that Willis slides or runs out of bounds like Heinicke has been doing this year to protect himself. Speaking of Heinicke, I wish we ran some zone read with him especially in the Redzone. I think it would help our offense a lot if we did.