2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

37 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Kenny Pickett could easily go 5 to the Giants, or 7. 

Carolina could pick him at 6, but they are on the hook for Sam Darnold with $18M cap hit in 2022. 

Denver could take Pickett at 9. 

Atlanta could take Pickett at 10. 

At 11, that leaves a lot of what ifs. 

If Pickett is gone at 9, which I think is likely, I am not reaching for Corral at 11. This leaves, Sam Howell, Malik Willis, Carson Strong, or Desmond Ridder. 

*I could see Malik Willis going to the Saints at 18, and would be an ideal fit for Sean Payton. 

If you want to play around with a simulator go here: The Pick Is In

I don’t understand how Corral is a reach at 11? He’s probably not even going to be there. And I’m sorry, Picketts small hands are going to be a problem in the NFL. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Aww man, I feel awful for Jameson Williams. He just tore his ACL I think. I just feel so awful for him, he’s about to realize his NFL dream in April. Now that’s up in the air.

That could hurt us some. If Jameson got picked before #11, it would drop another elite player to our pick. We'll see. He was walking on his own

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand how Corral is a reach at 11? He’s probably not even going to be there. And I’m sorry, Picketts small hands are going to be a problem in the NFL. 

😂 I came up with a funny line on Pickett’s small hands on Twitter.

I said to someone one, “The way guys talk about a QBs hand size during draft time is the ways the ladies talk about the size of guys junk!” 😂 

It’s the most hilarious conversation to read, even in here when you see like 10 guys text/tweet back and forth about another guys hand size!

Just now, taylor made said:

That could hurt us some. If Jameson got picked before #11, it would drop another elite player to our pick. We'll see. He was walking on his own

It almost never matters if a guy can walk off the field or not if they have a torn ACL. 

I don’t know if Jameson Williams was going to go before #11, I always thought that Garrett Wilson could. The entire reason Williams transferred is because he was the #4 WR at Ohio State.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

😂 I came up with a funny line on Pickett’s small hands on Twitter.

I said to someone one, “The way guys talk about a QBs hand size during draft time is the ways the ladies talk about the size of guys junk!” 😂 

It’s the most hilarious conversation to read, even in here when you see like 10 guys text/tweet back and forth about another guys hand size!

I’m def not a measurable guy. I believe you are who you are and you can’t play with traits you’ve never had. That said every player that’s ever been tied to having small hands the concerns become those of guys with very limited arm strength when the winter comes and games get windy. Or rainy games. And for all the guys who had hands his size or close too have all looked the same in colder wet weather. I love what Picket put on tape I think it’s hard not too. What leads to the concerns are you see his velocity go down in the wet conditions. On tape as far as translating his game he’s honestly a safe prospect. But that’s great you have a 12-4 season get some bad luck on weather and he can’t deliver the ball? That’s a tough thing to swallow.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m def not a measurable guy. I believe you are who you are and you can’t play with traits you’ve never had. That said every player that’s ever been tied to having small hands the concerns become those of guys with very limited arm strength when the winter comes and games get windy. Or rainy games. And for all the guys who had hands his size or close too have all looked the same in colder wet weather. I love what Picket put on tape I think it’s hard not too. What leads to the concerns are you see his velocity go down in the wet conditions. On tape as far as translating his game he’s honestly a safe prospect. But that’s great you have a 12-4 season get some bad luck on weather and he can’t deliver the ball? That’s a tough thing to swallow.

I entirely understand that, I just think it’s funny when you think about it how I explained it. 😂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

The physical football size is just one of the few things when transitioning from College to Pro that is measurable different.  It is a true unknown.  We know WRs can learn how to adjust to the catch rule and such, but you can't change your hand size.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Joe Judge just got fired so there's another team that might choose QB in the draft before we do. 

Damn. I’d say they Giants are definitely taking a QB now. Gentleman retired & Judge was fired. The next GM/HC is going to want their own guy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Damn. I’d say they Giants are definitely taking a QB now. Gentleman retired & Judge was fired. The next GM/HC is going to want their own guy.

Yup. Giants are taking a QB with one of the two picks they have before us. 

In a short time, while we've been continuously "not rebuilding" and fooling ourselves about the quality of the roster so we try to win the division each year and end up 8-8, 7-9, 6-10, 7-10, etc... the rest of the division knows how to actually restock the cabinet. 

Meanwhile we get press conferences where the HC said (like a lot of fans do), "well we wo the division last year" as if that is proof our team has accomplished anything under his tenure. 

14-19 under Rivera.

No franchise QB.

A defense that can't be trusted.

A DC that is clueless as to how to actually field a great defense. 

And offense that lacks a good playcaller.

Clearly all we need is one or two guys and we'll be in the Super Bowl. 

How's that momentum we had from going to the playoffs last year?

This has been the longest and most unsatisfying "I Told You So" in history for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Giants are taking a QB with one of the two picks they have before us. 

In a short time, while we've been continuously "not rebuilding" and fooling ourselves about the quality of the roster so we try to win the division each year and end up 8-8, 7-9, 6-10, 7-10, etc... the rest of the division knows how to actually restock the cabinet. 

Meanwhile we get press conferences where the HC said (like a lot of fans do), "well we wo the division last year" as if that is proof our team has accomplished anything under his tenure. 

14-19 under Rivera.

No franchise QB.

A defense that can't be trusted.

A DC that is clueless as to how to actually field a great defense. 

And offense that lacks a good playcaller.

Clearly all we need is one or two guys and we'll be in the Super Bowl. 

How's that momentum we had from going to the playoffs last year?

This has been the longest and most unsatisfying "I Told You So" in history for me.

It’s not pretty man. I sure hope something happens this off-season that gives us some hope but I really question it. I expect us to be about the same next year as we were the last two years. It’s really frustrating. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'd say grab him in R2 or R3, but we have zero luck with guys with injuries like this doing anything in the pros once we draft them.

The only guy I can think of who’s turned out that had a knee injury when we drafted him was Kendall Fuller. 

• Like 1