2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

On 1/13/2022 at 5:17 PM, ripsean21 said:

But im pumped to see Howell the most at the SB. We know his OL play was trash. He gritted this season out carried that team honestly I would not be shocked to see him just drop some dimes in this SB because he surely can do that.

Sam Howell is a junior, the SB he’ll be playing in is the Super Bowl for the Washington Admirals next season! 😂 

19 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

wow, they did hit it didn't they - That's what happens when you don't NEED a frekkin QB  every dammm year !

I mean we hit too in the teens, it's just DT’s don’t have the stats that a WR & LB/3rd down pass rushing LB do.

We certainly hit on Jon Allen & Daron Payne.

16 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Parsons at 12. Lamb at 17. Still bothers me to this day. 

Parsons would've went top 5 if he hadn't taken off bc of covid his junior year and w/o the off the field questions.

I remember Woz, myself and others wanted him So bad if we weren't going to take a QB. If we hadn’t made the playoffs in 2020, we could have drafted Fields, Parsons or Mac Jones.

I’m still shocked to this day that Lamb fell to the Cowboys at 17, they got lucky there but I guess we got lucky that Jon Allen fell to 17 bc he was a top 5 prospect in that draft. If it hadn't been for Allen's shoulder concerns, I'm sure the 49ers would've taken him at #3 instead of Solomon Thomas if not for those shoulder concerns.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Luck definitely plays a good part when drafting. 

Definitely, bc they’re all great players when you talk about the first 2 rounds of the draft. It's fit, it's the mental/mentality, and then luck w/ them staying healthy and being mature men at a young age that takes a prospect you draft from being just a regular rookie/young player to a great player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Trey McBride is one of those guys that’s going to end up going much higher than people anticipated. Like, possibly end of the first. 

That’s where DraftTek has him end of the First. 2 inches taller he would be in the conversation for top half of the draft. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF