2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I agree he will be their guy. If I remember reading something correctly. His uncle was drafted by Carolina and Hurney was one of those who drafted him. If true, this is a lock that it's Willis.

Honestly Thai between the clear measurable value this staff has put on the last two classes as far as just guys who have diverse abilities. My personal opinion on the job they’ve done to date? Well I see individuals flash. The issue is this is a team sport and this staff needs the individual results that come here and there to be consistent and done together or were here with a world class list of talent with no production because the staff isn’t fitting guys in together. I think the results will come with guys we maybe had higher expectations due to recent success with younger players in a few years previously.
I actually like the idea of a talent like Willis with Gibson and JD behind him with Patterson and what he can do. But Terry needs a QB. I think Terry is the only thing I think Baltimore doesn’t have for Lamar. Willis isn’t Lamar. He flashes but Lamar is a special runner. But I think my issue isn’t with the player we would draft moreso as has happened time again the coaches don’t maximize their players especially our QB selections. I am going into this process very neutral. Last year I loved 3 I’ve never liked much less loved more then two in a class. This class I like 6 love none. So I just hope whoever they choose that guy just clicks with the staff locker and every aspect that has caused every QB previously in 30 plus to fail as far as our selecting them goes

• Like 1

Early draft prospect takes:

Middle Round (3/4/5) Targets:

Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati - Corner depth. Senior Bowl. ESPN Rank 46

Haskell Garrett, DT, Ohio State - Thick but quick. @turtle28 could provide better insight, but he moves well enough. Would be a good replacement to develop if we lose a guy. ESPN Rank 54

Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State - Big size for his speed, he had a high YPC and was great in the passing game. Would be a good compliment along side Gibby. ESPN Rank 63

Zach Tom, OL, Wake Forest - Probably a little undersized for our linemen, but he's played all over it, and I appreciate the versatility. He might be best suited for center, but if he can bulk up some we'll see. ESPN Rank 138

Lecitus Smith, G, Virginia Tech - Another Senior Bowl guy. Carved out a nice career in the NFL. Maybe not world beaters, but VT lineman have found success in the NFL even in reserve roles. ESPN Rank 153

Michael Clemons, DE, Texas A&M - solid against the run and pass, something I like with my DEs. ESPN Rank 156

Spencer Burford, OL, UTSA - Senior Bowl guy. Another versatile guy who is probably a guard in the NFL. ESPN Rank 178

Carson Wells, OLB, Colorado - Linebacker depth. ESPN Rank not yet ranked

Late Round (5/6/7) Targets:

Tre Turner, WR, Virginia Tech - Don't mind you saying my bias is showing, but this is a guy who elevated the below average QB play he was given. Route running needs work, but he's gifted. ESPN Rank 179

Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia - He's 6'7". See you in the RZ. First-Team All-ACC

Montaric Brown, CB, Arkansas - Corner depth. ESPN Rank Not Yet Ranked

Josh Johnson, WR, Tulsa - Interesting slot guy who wouldn't be an everyday guy, but could replace Carter if we lose him. ESPN rank not yet ranked

Smoke Monday, S, Auburn - Played well at Auburn. Plus that name. ESPN Rank: Not Yet Ranked

Chris Oladuokun, QB, South Dakota State - If I was down to throwing a dart on a guy to be a QB in this draft late, this is him. ESPN Rank: Not yet ranked

UDFA Targets:

Bubba Bolden, S, Miami - Coaching may fix his issues. 

Christopher Smith, S, Georgia - Championship starter

Liam Fornadel, OL, JMU - @Thaiphoon

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Haskell Garrett, DT, Ohio State - Thick but quick. @turtle28 could provide better insight, but he moves well enough. Would be a good replacement to develop if we lose a guy. ESPN Rank 54

Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State - Big size for his speed, he had a high YPC and was great in the passing game. Would be a good compliment along side Gibby. ESPN Rank 63

Zach Tom, OL, Wake Forest - Probably a little undersized for our linemen, but he's played all over it, and I appreciate the versatility. He might be best suited for center, but if he can bulk up some we'll see. ESPN Rank 138

Lecitus Smith, G, Virginia Tech - Another Senior Bowl guy. Carved out a nice career in the NFL. Maybe not world beaters, but VT lineman have found success in the NFL even in reserve roles. ESPN Rank 153

Michael Clemons, DE, Texas A&M - solid against the run and pass, something I like with my DEs. ESPN Rank 156

Spencer Burford, OL, UTSA - Senior Bowl guy. Another versatile guy who is probably a guard in the NFL. ESPN Rank 178

Tre Turner, WR, Virginia Tech - Don't mind you saying my bias is showing, but this is a guy who elevated the below average QB play he was given. Route running needs work, but he's gifted. ESPN Rank 179

Josh Johnson, WR, Tulsa - Interesting slot guy who wouldn't be an everyday guy, but could replace Carter if we lose him. ESPN rank not yet ranked

Smoke Monday, S, Auburn - Played well at Auburn. Plus that name. ESPN Rank: Not Yet Ranked

Chris Oladuokun, QB, South Dakota State - If I was down to throwing a dart on a guy to be a QB in this draft late, this is him. ESPN Rank: Not yet ranked

UDFA Targets:

Coby Bryant is a stud!!! I do like the Tulsa WR alot as well. Smoke Monday seems like what we have in Forrest. Monday might be a better prospect though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

UDFA Targets:

BTW - are you anticipating a MLB in Rounds 1 or 2? Because this is thin where we're thin.

I like Troy Andersen from Montana State as a Mike. Athletic, big hitter, and has wheels. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - are you anticipating a MLB in Rounds 1 or 2? Because this is thin where we're thin.

I like Troy Andersen from Montana State as a Mike. Athletic, big hitter, and has wheels. 

To be fair, I haven't really dove into them deep, and I haven't found any I love in the middle rounds YET.

I think this is a below average year to need one. 

I'll add him to my list. 

I've been looking at ND RB Kyren Williams and man he seems pretty good. Also, noticed something weird about Kenneth Walker. He doesn't change the ball when it's in his hand. Like, he doesn't move it to the outside arm when said arm is facing the sideline. Found that very odd.