2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Thanks @ripsean21 a lot of us see the same things with Pickett. If you and @e16bball are seeing the same things on a QB prospect, I’d say that's a great thing.

How about this:

Seems to me that we should be drafting a QB to develop as our next starter!

I could see signing a cheaper free agent to be a stop-gap guy, but I think we had better come to the realization that we really need to draft and develop someone.

I completely agree. I don’t love the class but there are some things these guys can do. I still just have this feeling Corral would be the best here. And I don’t know why because Pickett when I watch him is just better on tape. Like watching Pickett just has a pros feel for helping draw in screens and I really enjoyed watching Pickett play. I think me and E also agree on Picketts guy Jordan Addison. I think he was a huge stud for Pickett and their chemistry was crazy. If I was in charge of this draft with my concerns about Corrals health in the league are a little less of a concern to me moreso then Picketts hands. His tape and just everything you see with your eyes is he’s the better prospect. But Corral is a freak mentally I love his fire.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

But im pumped to see Howell the most at the SB. We know his OL play was trash. He gritted this season out carried that team honestly I would not be shocked to see him just drop some dimes in this SB because he surely can do that.

You don’t usually see all these top prospects at the SB

28 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You don’t usually see all these top prospects at the SB

I think that’s because their all trying to stand out and be the top guy. Usually someone has a grasp on that. This game could make each one of these guys money. But it really has a chance to separate each of them. This is exciting.

I think it is fair that part of what these guys are up against in their evaluation is there aren’t the nation title or playoff guys. Ridder was there and just didn’t jump off the tape because if he did he would be getting pub right now. There aren’t any long term dominating guys who elevated because Howell and Strong both had crazy seasons. Strong played through a unhealed knee surgery and Howell lost 4 NFL talents and that OL couldn’t block anything. 

There’s talent in the class. But we’ve been spoiled with serious top end talent these last few years. This game is going to be must see just like each practice and staying on top of the outlets practice week

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think that’s because their all trying to stand out and be the top guy. Usually someone has a grasp on that. This game could make each one of these guys money. But it really has a chance to separate each of them. This is exciting.

I think it is fair that part of what these guys are up against in their evaluation is there aren’t the nation title or playoff guys. Ridder was there and just didn’t jump off the tape because if he did he would be getting pub right now. There aren’t any long term dominating guys who elevated because Howell and Strong both had crazy seasons. Strong played through a unhealed knee surgery and Howell lost 4 NFL talents and that OL couldn’t block anything. 

There’s talent in the class. But we’ve been spoiled with serious top end talent these last few years. This game is going to be must see just like each practice and staying on top of the outlets practice week

I’d argue Howell is a top end talent. At least, that’s my opinion of him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think he Pickett Corral and Willis and Strong all have top end talent. QB’s really matter where they go just as much as how they handle the extra stuff that comes with the pro game. It’s a job and it’s taxing and requires a ton of extra work to progress and elevate your game in. I like Howell. He’s the guy out of this group I wanted to see grab that top QB spot. He’s def top end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think he Pickett Corral and Willis and Strong all have top end talent. QB’s really matter where they go just as much as how they handle the extra stuff that comes with the pro game. It’s a job and it’s taxing and requires a ton of extra work to progress and elevate your game in. I like Howell. He’s the guy out of this group I wanted to see grab that top QB spot. He’s def top end.

Yep, Howell is my favorite of the bunch. I also think he’s who we end up with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep, Howell is my favorite of the bunch. I also think he’s who we end up with. 

I just hope no matter who it is they earn the job win over this fanbase work hard and stay healthy. And win games beat the division opponents. Stick around and want to be here

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

My feeling on Howell? He very well could be the best of the bunch, I don't disagree. Where I am worried, is that I think he has to go to a situation where he is given everything to thrive. I don't know that he can rise above the adversity. 

Trying to make it make sense of what is in my head, but it's like I don't think/know that he will elevate the talent around him. It already needs to be there. So someone like the Steelers (hell maybe Washington) is what is best for him. Putting him on the Texans would be a bigger nightmare than say for someone like Pickett or Corral I think. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

My feeling on Howell? He very well could be the best of the bunch, I don't disagree. Where I am worried, is that I think he has to go to a situation where he is given everything to thrive. I don't know that he can rise above the adversity. 

Trying to make it make sense of what is in my head, but it's like I don't think/know that he will elevate the talent around him. It already needs to be there. So someone like the Steelers (hell maybe Washington) is what is best for him. Putting him on the Texans would be a bigger nightmare than say for someone like Pickett or Corral I think. 

I can agree with that. I think what’s going to help Pickett and Corral is they can run. Like really run. Howell can move too but it’s not the same and when a young QB can run I feel like it eases the development. I do think Howell played pretty well, save for the game against us, for a guy who lost basically ever weapon he had all at one time. 

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

UVA's QB Brennan Armstrong just announced he's staying at Virginia for another year.  @Woz

Disagreements between you and I are where he might go in the draft, but I think he should have gone regardless. UVA is possibly in for as rough a ride next year at VT. We'll see. I just hope it doesn't do as much harm as good. 

Hard to believe but looking at the draft order and team needs-could be 4 QBs gone before we pick at #11. Might be forced to trade UP ..The Jets at 4 would be the spot but --Gonna cost us ! Gotta be a guy at 4 that they absolutely LUV !

Maybe we just take the leftover Pickens ,,, aha @ 11 .