2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I've been looking at ND RB Kyren Williams and man he seems pretty good. Also, noticed something weird about Kenneth Walker. He doesn't change the ball when it's in his hand. Like, he doesn't move it to the outside arm when said arm is facing the sideline. Found that very odd.

He's solid. How do you feel about his lack of extra yards though? It's one thing you hate about Gibson, and he has the same problem. He didn't get anything after first contact against VT. 

37 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He's solid. How do you feel about his lack of extra yards though? It's one thing you hate about Gibson, and he has the same problem. He didn't get anything after first contact against VT. 

Honestly dude, as far as Williams is concerned, I mostly watched highlights. Didn’t watch a lot of ND this year. Usually I do but I can’t stand Brian Kelly so that should change now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Reading about this kid Desmond Ridder / QB . If I could be sure he'd be there for us in Rd 2-- He'd be my guy .  Maybe even trade down- get more picks and take him late 1 st .  

Ridder has a lot of talent but he always seems to struggle against good competition. I hate pinning the Alabama game on him but he was awful. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ridder has a lot of talent but he always seems to struggle against good competition. I hate pinning the Alabama game on him but he was awful. 

On the rare occasion he had time, he made a few bigtime throws . His O-line was just overmatched . IMHO .

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

On the rare occasion he had time, he made a few bigtime throws . His O-line was just overmatched . IMHO .

He wasn’t a very consistent QB from the pocket. If he’s going to make himself worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick he’s going to have to perform well from the pocket in Senior Bowl practices, during the Senior Bowl, at the combine, at his pro day and in his personal work outs. He’s got the physical tools but he needs to be more consistent.

I wonder what @ripsean21 thinks about this comparison but Ridder reminds me a little of Kellen Mond coming out. There’s a lot there to like but he needs to improve and become a more consistent pocket passer.

• Like 1

Desmond Ridder is flying under the radar. For all the hype that Malik Willis gets about his physical talents, Ridder is right there with him IMO. He's on Bruce Feldman's Freaks List and is rumored to run a 4.55 forty with a 36 inch vertical and 10 ft, 8 inch broad jump. If he can put on about 10 more pounds at 6'4", 215 pounds currently, he has a lot of potential. 

He's a legitimate dual threat QB and he'll be someone this team will target if he is sitting there in the second round. He didn't have a great game against Alabama and is getting rightfully dinged for it. He did play well against Notre Dame this year and has played well against other top-25 teams throughout his career. 

He also plays with a 2nd-4th round WR prospect Alec Pierce. You can be the judge if it is Pierce or Ridder powering that  combo. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Desmond Ridder is flying under the radar. For all the hype that Malik Willis gets about his physical talents, Ridder is right there with him IMO. He's on Bruce Feldman's Freaks List and is rumored to run a 4.55 forty with a 36 inch vertical and 10 ft, 8 inch broad jump. If he can put on about 10 more pounds at 6'4", 215 pounds currently, he has a lot of potential. 

He's a legitimate dual threat QB and he'll be someone this team will target if he is sitting there in the second round. He didn't have a great game against Alabama and is getting rightfully dinged for it. He did play well against Notre Dame this year and has played well against other top-25 teams throughout his career. 

He also plays with a 2nd-4th round WR prospect Alec Pierce. You can be the judge if it is Pierce or Ridder powering that  combo. 

I definitely think that Willis, Ridder & Carson Strong are good 2nd round prospects that could’ve developed into starters after a few years. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I definitely think that Willis, Ridder & Carson Strong are good 2nd round prospects that could’ve developed into starters after a few years. 

I said before I wouldn’t touch Willis before the third. He’s going in the first round though. He has great character and I believe Rivera coached his uncle, former Hokie James Anderson in Carolina. We’re taking Willis at 11. 

Also, as far as Keim saying he believes we end up with Garrapolo and give him an extension I don’t buy it. You absolutely cannot sell this fanbase on another retread. Jimmy G is like going to the grocery store shopping for filet mignon and coming home with pork chops. Good luck selling a rebrand around a QB a team gave up an historic amount of draft picks to replace. 

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

None other than the great and mightly Mel Kiper says Willis is "pro-ready" and ours at # 11 .  

Edited by RSkinGM

You can’t deny Willis’ talent throwing the ball 40-50 yds with a flick of the wrist (like M Vick) and his running ability. He’s not ideal size at 6’1 and 215 but is very stout. When he went against Ole Miss he struggled. He has a lot to gain in the SB, more than any other QB. 
Senior Bowl will be a very good watch how all these players do against each other. 
Love to watch the one on ones in practice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

It’s a good debate. Willis at #11 or Ridder with any other pick. 

I personally don’t like Ridder at all. He’s the type of QB I feel like you find in every draft. Not comparing them physically but he’s Nick Foles, Kellen Mond, Kyle Trask etc. There’s always one of these QBs in every draft who is maxed out as a QB and you won’t get much more out of them. I think he’s similar to EJ Manuel in that regard. He’ll be a career back up who has some good starts but makes most of his money bouncing around backing up better players. 

Just to emphasize how much I don’t want Ridder I’d rather take Willis at 11 than use a second on Ridder. Nothing would pain me more than them claiming they’re swinging big at QB and then going into the season with Mariota/Trubisky/Garrapolo and Ridder on this roster. If that’s the case I’d rather just take BPA regardless of position and just struggle through another season of Heineke. 

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You can’t deny Willis’ talent throwing the ball 40-50 yds with a flick of the wrist (like M Vick) and his running ability. He’s not ideal size at 6’1 and 215 but is very stout. When he went against Ole Miss he struggled. He has a lot to gain in the SB, more than any other QB. 
Senior Bowl will be a very good watch how all these players do against each other. 
Love to watch the one on ones in practice. 

He’s very enticing.