2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or the Giants could take their two top 10 picks and trade for Watson. 

Hopefully it takes them a pretty long time to get that GM and HC where it’s too late. I just hope B Flores doesn’t get a HC Job that needs a QB since From what you read was the reason Watson wanted to go there. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It almost never matters if a guy can walk off the field or not if they have a torn ACL. 

I don’t know if Jameson Williams was going to go before #11, I always thought that Garrett Wilson could. The entire reason Williams transferred is because he was the #4 WR at Ohio State.

It has been confirmed he did indeed tear his ACL. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Or the Giants could take their two top 10 picks and trade for Watson. 

They could. I think it depends on who the Giants choose as their next head coach if he'd want to go there.

My guess is now that Judge is gone, Wilson could end up there if the Giants hire an offensive-minded HC.

Not to add to the hand size hysteria, but I’m finally watching the Giants game while quarantining today, and just saw the play where Jake Fromm — he of the 8 7/8” hands — lost his grip on the ball and fumbled it in what was reported to be a light rain.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Not to add to the hand size hysteria, but I’m finally watching the Giants game while quarantining today, and just saw the play where Jake Fromm — he of the 8 7/8” hands — lost his grip on the ball and fumbled it in what was reported to be a light rain.

He should’ve been wearing gloves like Pickett does.

So I’ve finally finished my season tape for Pickett and man this year and I went back and watched some of Andrew Luck’s Stanford highlights and man when Pickett is moving behind the OL he looks like just a smaller faster version of Luck.

Like I know that most will hear that and think it’s super generous but hear me out. Pickett had flashed last year around his injury. So when Burrow blew up he just had the most amazing college season ever seen. His decision making was just almost perfect or as close as I could ever seen and that was trying to find bad decisions. Burrow didn’t have much tape previously. So he couldn’t be comped to Luck for some due to his who college body of work. Like Burrow I’m not comping Picketts body of work to Luck or even eating him out with Andrew’s overall draft grade. 

So back to Pickett. His hands are what they are. Clearly that’s a concern with a wider football next year and moving forward. Kenny is super quick at processing. He can see pressure late has a natural ability to make a smart decision with his move to bail out and moves and when he puts his eyes back up field he just sees things so fast. This guy on a team like Denver or the Vikings could be a franchise type level guy IMO. This guy’s game it just screams pro ready. He’s a very good player and maybe his upside could be getting alittle slept on. That said for me to get comfortable I’d have to find a way to see him throw a NFL ball in the wet. This guy I think is the easiest sell in this class because his tape is second to none in this group from this past season.

All in all I think if he somehow defys everything I know from playing in the rain even currently it’s just hard for me to think that glove thing won’t come back to bite him in a game at some point. Teddy struggles in the rain. But this isn’t about anyone else. Picketts tape shows a live arm. Can do a lot of crazy arm angle on the move throws. His drop backs and slides are second to none as far as being ready to play from the Pickett he’s really good at keeping that base moving and sliding. And when he bails out he keeps a good lean to reset quick rolling to throw with good accuracy on the run. I really think his senior year just reminded me so much of watching Luck just the decision making and his ability to just sneakily kill you with his legs and arm on the move.that’s what I took away from his years. I still and going over his bowl game and will finish him up after the seniorbowl. But Pickett is clearly IMO has the best floor for me when it comes to teams he could reach his potential. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

So I’ve finally finished my season tape for Pickett and man this year and I went back and watched some of Andrew Luck’s Stanford highlights and man when Pickett is moving behind the OL he looks like just a smaller faster version of Luck.

Like I know that most will hear that and think it’s super generous but hear me out. Pickett had flashed last year around his injury. So when Burrow blew up he just had the most amazing college season ever seen. His decision making was just almost perfect or as close as I could ever seen and that was trying to find bad decisions. Burrow didn’t have much tape previously. So he couldn’t be comped to Luck for some due to his who college body of work. Like Burrow I’m not comping Picketts body of work to Luck or even eating him out with Andrew’s overall draft grade. 

So back to Pickett. His hands are what they are. Clearly that’s a concern with a wider football next year and moving forward. Kenny is super quick at processing. He can see pressure late has a natural ability to make a smart decision with his move to bail out and moves and when he puts his eyes back up field he just sees things so fast. This guy on a team like Denver or the Vikings could be a franchise type level guy IMO. This guy’s game it just screams pro ready. He’s a very good player and maybe his upside could be getting alittle slept on. That said for me to get comfortable I’d have to find a way to see him throw a NFL ball in the wet. This guy I think is the easiest sell in this class because his tape is second to none in this group from this past season.

All in all I think if he somehow defys everything I know from playing in the rain even currently it’s just hard for me to think that glove thing won’t come back to bite him in a game at some point. Teddy struggles in the rain. But this isn’t about anyone else. Picketts tape shows a live arm. Can do a lot of crazy arm angle on the move throws. His drop backs and slides are second to none as far as being ready to play from the Pickett he’s really good at keeping that base moving and sliding. And when he bails out he keeps a good lean to reset quick rolling to throw with good accuracy on the run. I really think his senior year just reminded me so much of watching Luck just the decision making and his ability to just sneakily kill you with his legs and arm on the move.that’s what I took away from his years. I still and going over his bowl game and will finish him up after the seniorbowl. But Pickett is clearly IMO has the best floor for me when it comes to teams he could reach his potential. 

He’s a tremendous QB with tiny hands. It’s a major issue. 

“But there’s a caveat — there’s a curveball to this. I’ve verified this with a number of people. Kenny Pickett evidently has a double-jointed thumb on his throwing hand. Somebody said to me, ‘if you ever meet Pickett and he shakes your hand, the thumb seems all out of wack.’ That’s because it comes out sideways, and it doesn’t go straight up. And what that double-jointed thumb does, is it makes it easier for him to grip the football.

“I’ve talked to a couple of people that say ‘yeah, if his hands are under 9 inches,’ but the double-jointed thumb is working to his advantage — to basically grip the football. Some teams who really like Kenny Pickett may overlook the fact that his hands are under 9 inches if this double-jointed thumb is going to help him.

“Now what they’ll do, is they’ll put the ball in his hands, and they’ll try to beat it out of his hands to see if he can grip the football. But what I’m hearing is, this double-jointed thumb on Kenny Pickett’s throwing hand is actually working to his advantage and may offset the concerns about the small hand size.”

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/will-kenny-picketts-hand-size-impact-his-2022-nfl-draft-stock/

• Like 1

Washington should try to trade for Watson, imo.

There's probably no QB in the draft as good as Watson. He's a proven stud.

I would do this for a number of reasons, actually.

A) We don't even know if we can get the QB we are targeting at #11 anyways. Trading up to get said QB would cost as much, if not more than it would be to just trade for Watson.

B) You say the Giants & Eagles have multiple 1st Rd picks & we cannot compete vs them considering the ammo they have to trade for Watson? Good!! Make them pony up more than they normally would, with us in a bidding war for Watson's services. Maybe the QB we want drops to us, with either of them trading their 1st Rd picks for Watson. Sitting back & watching & doing nothing does us no service at all. Plus, I don't think either of those 2 teams are going to trade both 1st rounders with Daniel Jones & Hurts as their QB's at the moment.

C) I would dangle whatever player we can, to get Watson if necessary. Chase, Payne, Sweat....doesn't matter. You cannot be successful consistently, without a franchise QB. Do what it takes! 

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He’s a tremendous QB with tiny hands. It’s a major issue. 

It is until your team passes on him and it becomes a non issue with his play in the league. But I do agree because hands in the few guys I just never saw that velocity when they needed it to either throw a ball away under duress or just placement in inclement weather. But there are things that these staffs can do pre draft to simulate conditions in a workout. But I think I’ve gone years not liking QB’s in the class and I’m okay with not selecting a QB in this class. But id hope they can identify their guy because there will be a guy from this class that goes to the right team. I think Willis is the guy this staff likes personally. I think the best skill set is Corral for Turners system. But Pickett would thrive as well. But as we’ve seen with Taylor. This staff asked him to make throws to spots he simply didn’t have the arm or zip to place. So that’s where your risk comes for Pickett. I worry about Corral’s build and his just all out gamer mentality. He like Zach Wilson plays so wrecklace. Health will be a issue for him if he doesn’t learn how to protect himself in certain situations

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Washington should try to trade for Watson, imo.

There's probably no QB in the draft as good as Watson. He's a proven stud.

I would do this for a number of reasons, actually.

A) We don't even know if we can get the QB we are targeting at #11 anyways. Trading up to get said QB would cost as much, if not more than it would be to just trade for Watson.

B) You say the Giants & Eagles have multiple 1st Rd picks & we cannot compete vs them considering the ammo they have to trade for Watson? Good!! Make them pony up more than they normally would, with us in a bidding war for Watson's services. Maybe the QB we want drops to us, with either of them trading their 1st Rd picks for Watson. Sitting back & watching & doing nothing does us no service at all. Plus, I don't think either of those 2 teams are going to trade both 1st rounders with Daniel Jones & Hurts as their QB's at the moment.

C) I would dangle whatever player we can, to get Watson if necessary. Chase, Payne, Sweat....doesn't matter. You cannot be successful consistently, without a franchise QB. Do what it takes! 

I don’t agree that trading up this year would cost something crazy. This year there’s no clear cut player at QB. So essentially your bid isn’t against other teams because there’s not as many teams trying to get the same player. Yeah if two teams are bidding against each other you can have the comp get crazy. But if your only bidding against the other teams desire to pick the player they are staring in the fact I think you saw with Houston and KC for Mahomes and Watson you can get your guy for fair compensation.

• Like 2

Thanks @ripsean21 a lot of us see the same things with Pickett. If you and @e16bball are seeing the same things on a QB prospect, I’d say that's a great thing.

How about this:

Seems to me that we should be drafting a QB to develop as our next starter!

I could see signing a cheaper free agent to be a stop-gap guy, but I think we had better come to the realization that we really need to draft and develop someone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Thanks @ripsean21 a lot of us see the same things with Pickett. If you and @e16bball are seeing the same things on a QB prospect, I’d say that's a great thing.

How about this:

Seems to me that we should be drafting a QB to develop as our next starter!

I could see signing a cheaper free agent to be a stop-gap guy, but I think we had better come to the realization that we really need to draft and develop someone.

Don't want no stinkin stop gap. If we draft a kid - roll with him . we have two capable back ups here in place .

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Don't want no stinkin stop gap. If we draft a kid - roll with him. We have two capable back ups here in place.

That's true, you can also make the case that we already have a stop-gap type QB anyway with Taylor Heinickie. I mean there's a possibility that a Mariota or Trubisky is better than Heinickie bc they have stronger arms, but I don't think the difference between Heinicke and them is that great. Just like I think if Fitzpatrick had started this year that his stats & the team's results wouldn't have been much different than what we got out of Heinickie.

• Like 1