2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

My guess is if we win today we’ll be out of range for Corral and Pickett. Which leaves my favorite QB in the draft Sam Howell. I think they’ll be interested but my guess is they go in a different direction. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them take Devin Lloyd or Nakobe Dean. I think Olave is a big possibility as well. 

I agree. I think if we want a QB we will have to make our move and trade up. I think Pickett might be worth trading up for. I'm not sure I'd trade up for Corral but could be talked into it. I don't think Malik Willis is totally out of the picture depending if he runs a crazy 4.3 forty. Will this be the year we make a move? I think they might with the new team name and Rivera's job security after another losing year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

My guess is if we win today we’ll be out of range for Corral and Pickett. Which leaves my favorite QB in the draft Sam Howell. I think they’ll be interested but my guess is they go in a different direction. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them take Devin Lloyd or Nakobe Dean. I think Olave is a big possibility as well. 

As I've been saying for a while I don't see a huge gap between Corral, Pickett & Howell. I sure hope if they have a chance to take any of the 3 they take them.

Yes, Dean, Llloyd, any of the top 3 WRs and Hamilton or Stingley are enticing if they fall to when we pick but sadly IMO Rivera has put us in a position where we almost must take a QB in round 1 or if they miss on the top 3 either trade back to take Willis or Strong at the end of the 1st or take a different position w/ our natural pick and trade up from round 2 back into the end of round 1 to get Willis or Strong in the way we did in 2019 to get Montez Sweat after we had drafted Haskins at 15.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I agree. I think if we want a QB we will have to make our move and trade up. I think Pickett might be worth trading up for. I'm not sure I'd trade up for Corral but could be talked into it. I don't think Malik Willis is totally out of the picture depending if he runs a crazy 4.3 forty. Will this be the year we make a move? I think they might with the new team name and Rivera's job security after another losing year.

IMO this is not the year to trade up for a QB, next year would be. If the top 3 QBs are just good prospects but not great prospects then I’d just wait to take the best QB available amongst the 3. If they're all gone then we should consider a trade back to take Willis or Strong at the end of the 1st or a trade-up from round 2 into round to take Wilson or strong at the end of the 1st.

It would be nice to come out of this draft with Nakobe Dean at 10 (or wherever we pick) and Willis or Strong in the 20s.

Well it's looking like it'll be pick #11.. that's about what I thought if we beat the NYGiants. I think we should be happy with that as historically there is usually a good player selected at that pick. Minkah Fitpatrick, Marshon Lattimore, Taylor Lewan, JJ Watt & Patrick Willis were all picked at #11. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Off topic a bit but give me Chad Muma in the 3rd. LB from Wyoming. I think he’s gonna be one of the best in this class. Reminds me of Keuchly so much!

I don’t know much about him but I do see he keeps getting mocked into the 3rd round which has me intrigued. 

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

Well it's looking like it'll be pick #11.. that's about what I thought if we beat the NYGiants. I think we should be happy with that as historically there is usually a good player selected at that pick. Minkah Fitpatrick, Marshon Lattimore, Taylor Lewan, JJ Watt & Patrick Willis were all picked at #11. 

So you’re telling me Kenny Pickett or Sam Howell are going to be pro bowlers… 

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

On this, the day of Big Ben’s retirement, I think we also have to mention the future HOF QB drafted #11 by the Steelers about 18 years ago. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, daskins said:

or 2!  We need to repeat the RGIII/KC draft for as long as it takes til we get our guy.  Sure wish we had Dak instead of Josh Doctson and Sua Cravens.  

I wouldn’t be opposed to taking a QB round 1 & one in the mid to late rounds either. There’s a lot of players I wish we had drafted instead of Doctson or Cravens.

We definitely could’ve taken Dak in the 3rd round that year to develop behind Kirk & Colt. Then, since Kirk didn’t want to re-sign here we could’ve traded Kirk and just moved forward with Dak.

Oh well. I sure hope this current brass can see the Forrest & not just the trees but I have my doubts.

Kenny Pickett could easily go 5 to the Giants, or 7. 

Carolina could pick him at 6, but they are on the hook for Sam Darnold with $18M cap hit in 2022. 

Denver could take Pickett at 9. 

Atlanta could take Pickett at 10. 

At 11, that leaves a lot of what ifs. 

If Pickett is gone at 9, which I think is likely, I am not reaching for Corral at 11. This leaves, Sam Howell, Malik Willis, Carson Strong, or Desmond Ridder. 

*I could see Malik Willis going to the Saints at 18, and would be an ideal fit for Sean Payton. 

If you want to play around with a simulator go here: The Pick Is In

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Kenny Pickett could easily go 5 to the Giants, or 7. 

Carolina could pick him at 6, but they are on the hook for Sam Darnold with $18M cap hit in 2022. 

Denver could take Pickett at 9. 

Atlanta could take Pickett at 10. 

At 11, that leaves a lot of what ifs. 

If Pickett is gone at 9, which I think is likely, I am not reaching for Corral at 11. This leaves, Sam Howell, Malik Willis, Carson Strong, or Desmond Ridder. 

*I could see Malik Willis going to the Saints at 18, and would be an ideal fit for Sean Payton. 

If you want to play around with a simulator go here: The Pick Is In

I agree with you. We may even run into a spot where Sam Howell is picked before we pick at 11. I think if that happens we should take Nakobe Dean at 11. Then, trade up from round 2 back into round 2 - like we did to get Montez Sweat in 2019 - and then take Willis or Strong, whichever is available/is best on their board.

It’d be really cool to get Nakobe Dean as our star MLB & a good QB prospect both in round 1.