2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

19 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I really don’t think so. I don’t hear much about him outside of the ACC. I don’t think he goes ahead of the 5 QBs mentioned often already. If he was a 1st or 2nd rounder then it would be very unlikely he comes back into a new scheme. 

He should transfer to Virginia Tech but after you all are done with him he’ll be undraftable! 😂 

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He should transfer to Virginia Tech but after you all are done with him he’ll be undraftable! 😂 

Careful, I don't want to bring up how one 6th round VT QB has been more successful in the NFL than any Ohio State QB in the last 30 years. Maybe more. Maybe ever.

West Virginia? Since Bulger?

Probably shouldn't even bring up Maryland...

Any of your schools I am missing? Gator fan?

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Careful, I don't want to bring up how one 6th round VT QB has been more successful in the NFL than any Ohio State QB in the last 30 years. Maybe more. Maybe ever.

I still think Bryan Randall would’ve been in the league had he played now as opposed to when he did. The league still had no idea how to use an athlete at QB. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Troy Smith from Ohio State was a backup QB in the NFL for 4 years. Craig Krenzel from Ohio State was a back up for the Bears for a few years. 

Ohio State has 2 QBs on NFL rosters. One of them, Justin Fields is starting and developing. 

Geno Smith from West Virginia has been a backup in the NFL 8 years. 

Maryland had two QBs who played for them that helped their teams get to the Super Bowl, Boomer Esiason & Frank Reich.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I still think Bryan Randall would’ve been in the league had he played now as opposed to when he did. The league still had no idea how to use an athlete at QB. 

Maybe, same with Pat White from WV. I do remember liking Randall a lot at VT it must have helped that he is from Charleston, WV. He did have a Arena League career.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Troy Smith from Ohio State was a backup QB in the NFL for 4 years. Craig Krenzel from Ohio State was a back up for the Bears for a few years. 

Ohio State has 2 QBs on NFL rosters. One of them, Justin Fields is starting and developing. 

Geno Smith from West Virginia has been a backup in the NFL 8 years. 

Maryland had two QBs who played for them that helped their teams get to the Super Bowl, Boomer Esiason & Frank Reich.

Lol man that went over your head. I said better, not below average backups for 4 years

13 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Lol man that went over your head. I said better, not below average backups for 4 years

Yep, I certainly missed that. I think this touches on my point that it’s incredibly hard to get a franchise QB to come out of a college. Not many college teams have a good nfl starter come out of it. I’ve gone through the list before, most of the best college teams have 0, some have 1, very few more than 1.

The Browns and quarterback Baker Mayfield have been on a collision course for weeks, if not months. The collision may indeed happen this offseason.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that, if Mayfield “doesn’t get assurances that things will change next season,” the quarterback will “consider asking to be traded.”

Just bringing someone new into the conversation. Is this someone you guys would consider for our QB? If it is, what would be the compensation for him?

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The Browns and quarterback Baker Mayfield have been on a collision course for weeks, if not months. The collision may indeed happen this offseason.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that, if Mayfield “doesn’t get assurances that things will change next season,” the quarterback will “consider asking to be traded.”

Just bringing someone new into the conversation. Is this someone you guys would consider for our QB? If it is, what would be the compensation for him?

Depends on what we’d have to give up. Wouldn’t be anymore than a first and ours is gonna be pretty high so I wouldn’t do that either. I like Baker a lot but he’s been surrounded with loads of talent and it hasn’t translated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Depends on what we’d have to give up. Wouldn’t be anymore than a first and ours is gonna be pretty high so I wouldn’t do that either. I like Baker a lot but he’s been surrounded with loads of talent and it hasn’t translated. 

Coming out of college, I liked him because he was accurate. He doesn’t have ideal size, but is a competitor. I think he can run ST offense but you’re right he’s had talent around him and hasn’t had the success he had in college. He’s been inconsistent but has had injuries. Possibly an option for us. 

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Absolutely not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I want nothing to do with him. I think Howell is similar, I wouldn't trade for an average QB & then have to give him a contract extension right away. 

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Coming out of college, I liked him because he was accurate. He doesn’t have ideal size, but is a competitor. I think he can run ST offense but you’re right he’s had talent around him and hasn’t had the success he had in college. He’s been inconsistent but has had injuries. Possibly an option for us. 

Every QB is accurate in the Big 12 except for Doege of WVU. 😂