53 Man Roster Predictions - Cutdown day pg5

On 6/6/2021 at 9:14 AM, Danger said:
On 6/6/2021 at 6:54 AM, Jroc04 said:

I noticed no one seems to think that Howard makes the roster. I think he makes it. He’s the only real “power” back we have. 

I agree for sure. Kerryon Johnson and Boston Scott will be fighting for a roster spot.

Jordan Howard is no lock lol.

TBH you can argue none of the backs are besides Sanders & Gainwell.

I don't wanna say he's cooked, but there's a reason he came back to Philly for the vet minimum. Miami benched him after 1 game.

Saw him running a rep in practice this month after Kerryon and he looked like he was running in quicksand lol. 

Also, a reason Kerryon took a pay cut in my eyes was to put him on even footing salary wise with Howard going from his 1.3 million to the minimum. 

PFF grades dont mean that much but fwiw Johnson was a 61 last year and Howard was 41.

Both are two of the best pass protectors at RB, but Johnson is a better pass catcher out the backfield and younger.

They've also both lost burst due to injuries, although Johnson still has better quickness. Howard may have a bit more power, but are we making him our goal line back like Miami tried to do after they benched him? 

Both of them have a lot to prove and are gonna have to earn their spot. It might be a matter of the last man standing/healthy.

I really hope Sanders doesn't go down this year cause we'll be in trouble. I like Gainwell but we need another guy. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jordan Howard is no lock lol.

TBH you can argue none of the backs are besides Sanders & Gainwell.

I don't wanna say he's cooked, but there's a reason he came back to Philly for the vet minimum. Miami benched him after 1 game.

Saw him running a rep in practice this month after Kerryon and he looked like he was running in quicksand lol. 

Also, a reason Kerryon took a pay cut in my eyes was to put him on even footing salary wise with Howard going from his 1.3 million to the minimum. 

PFF grades dont mean that much but fwiw Johnson was a 61 last year and Howard was 41.

Both are two of the best pass protectors at RB, but Johnson is a better pass catcher out the backfield and younger.

They've also both lost burst due to injuries, although Johnson still has better quickness. Howard may have a bit more power, but are we making him our goal line back like Miami tried to do after they benched him? 

Both of them have a lot to prove and are gonna have to earn their spot. It might be a matter of the last man standing/healthy.

I really hope Sanders doesn't go down this year cause we'll be in trouble. I like Gainwell but we need another guy. 

Not a Boston Scott fan?

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Not a Boston Scott fan?

He's a good dude. Always seems to be happy and raising the spirit of the guys around him. I like him, but he's just a change of pace guy.

I don't think his roster spot is guaranteed either, but I wouldn't mind having him back. Gainwell is probably eating into his touches though.

We may end up picking up a back after teams have made their final cuts if we don't really like what we've seen from what we have.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

QB: Jalen Hurts | Joe Flacco  (2)
RB: Miles Sanders | Kerryon Johnson | Kenny Gainwell | Boston Scott (6)
WR: DeVonta Smith | Jalen Reagor | Travis Fulgham | Greg Ward | John Hightower | Quez Watkins (12)
TE: Dallas Goedert | Zach Ertz (Richard Rodgers if he's traded/released) | Jack Stoll (15)
LT: Jordan Mailata | Andre Dillard (17)
LG: Isaac Seumalo | Landon Dickerson (19)
Center:  Jason Kelce (20)
RG: Brandon Brooks | Nate Herbig (22)
RT: Lane Johnson | Jack Driscoll (24)

DE: Brandon Graham | Derek Barnett | Josh Sweat | Tarron Jackson (28)
DT: Fletcher Cox | Javon Hargrave | Hassan Ridgeway | Milton Williams | Marlon Tuipulotu (33)
LB: Eric Wilson | Ryan Kerrigan (stand-up rush) | Alex Singleton | T.J. Edwards | Shaun Bradley | Davion Taylor | Patrick Johnson or Genard Avery (stand-up rush) (40)
CB: Darius Slay | Avonte Maddox | Zech McPhearson | Craig James |Not On Roster... Maybe Jacquet or Seymour) 🤨 | Josiah Scott... spent a 6th on him? (46)
S: Rodney McLeod | Anthony Harris| K'Von Wallace | Marcus Epps (50)

K: Jake Elliot (51)
P: Who Cares (52)
LS: Rick Lovato (53)

Good thing I switched Newman off hours after giving it more thought!

On 6/5/2021 at 9:26 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jamie Newman will have to show enough to make the roster, so I'm doing projection here. Interestingly enough we didn't give him a signing bonus or any guaranteed $, but good chance they'll want a 3rd arm and another young QB to try and develop. He's not a lock by any means though. He'll have to show good things in camp and the limited preseason time he might get (only 2 preseason games this year instead of 4 like old times). Feel like most of those preseason snaps should go to Hurts though. Not sure he deserves this kind of projection yet the more I think about it

Look at the bolded

On 6/9/2021 at 4:29 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Rough day for the ones who were hyping Grimes too.

He got hurt. Sucks for him and for us. Really think he has the tools. Eagles obviously don't think so. Good luck on his next team. I'll be really happy for him but annoyed with the birds if he becomes anything. I really like him a lot

7 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

He got hurt. Sucks for him and for us. Really think he has the tools. Eagles obviously don't think so. Good luck on his next team. I'll be really happy for him but annoyed with the birds if he becomes anything. I really like him a lot

I know he's hurt. Didn't know it at the time of posting that, but found out minutes later. Either way I didn't get why he was being hyped up to be more than a shot to make it as WR6 or WR7 (if we even keep that many). He was like a 5th or 6th round prospect at best. From what I remember he looked fairly bad in the few practice videos we saw of him running routes. He can get vertical and has size to go for contested balls, but I think he was more of a practice squad guy this year. Could he have made the roster? Maybe. I saw a lot of Eagles fans acting like he had a chance to compete with Fulgham or whoever for the X spot which was kind of nuts lol. Like I don't even know if he had a better shot than JJAW to make it.

Don't worry though he's still with us.

Still a chance he ends up on our practice squad and develops which is probably the best case scenario.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 6/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

TE: Dallas Goedert | Zach Ertz (Richard Rodgers if he's traded/released) | Jack Stoll (15)

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

All going according to plan….

Shoutout to @AZ_Eaglesfanwho also had it. I think deep down we all knew this was a distinct possibility with the probable departure of Ertz though.

From Kempski’s article on 2020 dropped passes:

The following players had no drops in 2020, and at least one catch (number of catches in parentheses): 

Boston Scott (25) 🥇

Richard Rodgers (24) 🥈

Deontay Burnett (3)

Jalen Hurts (1)

Adrian Killins (1)

Jason Croom (1)

Kudos to Boston Scott and Richard Rodgers.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-2020-dropped-passes-tally-analysis/

• 2 months later...

Well, now is a good time to bump this thread.... who you got?

QB: Jalen Hurts | Joe Flacco 
RB: Miles Sanders | Jordan Howard | Kenny Gainwell | Boston Scott
WR: Devonta Smith | Jalen Reagor | Quez Watkins | Travis Fulgham | Greg Ward 
TE: Dallas Goedert | Zach Ertz | Richard Rodgers | Tyree Jackson(will got to IR)
LT: Jordan Mailata | Andre Dillard
LG: Isaac Seumalo | Sua Opeta
Center:  Jason Kelce
RG: Brandon Brooks | Nate Herbig
RT: Lane Johnson | Jack Driscoll

DE: Brandon Graham | Derek Barnett | Josh Sweat | Tarron Jackson

DT: Fletcher Cox | Javon Hargrave | Hassan Ridgeway | TY McGill | Milton Williams(Flexes at DE)

OLB: Ryan Kerrigan(DE Flex) | Gernard Avery | Joe Ostman

LB: Eric Wilson | Alex Singleton | T.J. Edwards | Davion Taylor | Shaun Bradley | 

CB: Darius Slay | Steven Nelson | Avonte Maddox | Zech McPhearson | Craig James

S: Rodney McLeod | Anthony Harris| K'Von Wallace | Marcus Epps

K: Jake Elliot
P: Arryn Siposs
LS: Rick Lovato

I think TY McGill and JaCoby Stevens are very fringe roster players and depend on McLeod's health I could see us keeping a fifth safety like Elijah Riley. I could also see us keeping Josiah Scott if we like him enough, but atm I see him on the outside looking in.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

10 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well, now is a good time to bump this thread.... who you got?

QB: Jalen Hurts | Joe Flacco 
RB: Miles Sanders | Jordan Howard | Kenny Gainwell | Boston Scott
WR: Devonta Smith | Jalen Reagor | Quez Watkins | Travis Fulgham | Greg Ward 
TE: Dallas Goedert | Zach Ertz | Richard Rodgers | Tyree Jackson(will got to IR)
LT: Jordan Mailata | Andre Dillard
LG: Isaac Seumalo | Sua Opeta
Center:  Jason Kelce
RG: Brandon Brooks | Nate Herbig
RT: Lane Johnson | Jack Driscoll

DE: Brandon Graham | Derek Barnett | Josh Sweat | Ryan Kerrigan| Tarron Jackson

DT: Fletcher Cox | Javon Hargrave | Hassan Ridgeway | TY McGill | Milton Williams(Flexes at DE)

OLB:  Gernard Avery | JaCoby Stevens

LB: Eric Wilson | Alex Singleton | T.J. Edwards | Davion Taylor | Shaun Bradley 

CB: Darius Slay | Steven Nelson | Avonte Maddox | Zech McPhearson | Craig James

S: Rodney McLeod | Anthony Harris| K'Von Wallace | Marcus Epps

K: Jake Elliot
P: Arryn Siposs
LS: Rick Lovato

I think TY McGill and JaCoby Stevens are very fringe roster players and depend on McLeod's health I could see us keeping a fifth safety like Elijah Riley. I could also see us keeping Josiah Scott if we like him enough, but atm I see him on the outside looking in.

Does Dickerson not count on the roster since he's still recovering? Don't see him on your list

27 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Does Dickerson not count on the roster since he's still recovering? Don't see him on your list

Not sure exactly how it works but I think they can put him on PUP or IR and not waste a roster spot till he comes back.

Also, I thought about it and took JaCoby Stevens off the roster and added Joe Ostman onto it. Also listed Kerrigan as a SAM since I think that is where he is likely to be most utilized.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Not sure exactly how it works but I think they can put him on PUP or IR and not waste a roster spot till he comes back.

Also, I thought about it and took JaCoby Stevens off the roster and added Joe Ostman onto it. Also listed Kerrigan as a SAM since I think that is where he is likely to be most utilized.

Yeah he can stay on PUP, but he can’t practice for x amount of weeks if I’m he is I think. It’s the same thing that happened with Alshon that they misjudged last year.

• Like 1

QB - Jalen Hurts, Joe Flacco (2)

RB - Miles Sanders, Boston Scott, Kenny Gainwell, Jason Huntley (4)

WR - De'Vonta Smith, Jalen Reagor, Quez Watkins, Travis Fulgham, John Hightower (5)

TE - Dallas Goedert, Zach Ertz, Richard Rodgers (3)

OL - Jordan Mailata, Isaac Seumalo, Jason Kelce, Brandon Brooks, Lane Johnson, Andre Dillard, Jack Driscoll, Nate Herbig, Brett Toth (9)

Offense: (23)

DE - Brandon Graham, Derek Barnett, Josh Sweat, Ryan Kerrigan, Tarron Jackson (5)

DT - Fletcher Cox, Javon Hargrave, Milton Williams, T.Y. McGill (4)

LB - Eric Wilson, Alec Singleton, Davion Taylor, T.J. Edwards, Shaun Bradley, Jacoby Stevens (6)

SAM - Genard Avery, Patrick Johnson (2) 

CB - Darius Slay, Steven Nelson, Avonte Maddox, Zech McPhearson, Josiah Scott (5)

S - Rodney McLeod, Anthony Harris, K'Von Wallace, Marcus Epps, Andrew Adams (5)

Defense (27)

K - Jake Elliot

P - Arryn Siposs

LS - Rick Lovato

Special Teams: (3)

Team: (53)

Half-Season IR: Landon Dickerson, Tyree Jackson

My thoughts: 

This prediction is not necessarily what I think the Eagles but what I would like to see as the 53 man roster. I probably should add a player on offense and subtract a defensive player but I don't want to.

QB - Nick Mullens is not worth carrying as a third QB and I'd rather just carry a 3rd on the PS.

RB - The news hear is that Jason Huntley makes the team over Jordan Howard. Huntley is younger and a better special teams contributor. This would leave the Eagles without a true power back but I think the Eagles could keep Howard on the PS (I believe he's eligible under the new rules) without him getting poached. 

WR - I don't have Greg Ward making the team.  Quez Watkins should get his snaps and more in my opinion. To me, Ward is competing against Hightower and JJAW for the 5th WR spot. I think Hightower is the best option.

TE - Weird situation with Ertz still being here despite all the rumours but I have the Eagles keeping him at least to begin to the season. Have Rodgers (who will likely be cut and re-signed in order to get around guaranteeing his contract) as the third TE with Tyree Jackson going on the 8 week IR. 

OL - Landon Dickerson is injury stashed for at least half the year. I don't think there are any big surprises here.

DE - I have the Eagles keeping 5 DE's with Tarron Jackson. I really don't want to lose a promising young development player like Jackson while the Eagles are trying to build for the future. Kerrigan gives the Eagles versatility to really move all around their defensive front. I think you could stand him up some plays (as he did in Washington) and move him inside to DT on passing downs or you play him at 4-3 end where he's a great fit.

DT - McGill has looked good and should get the nod over Ridgeway in my opinion. Williams and Cox allow the defense to multiple with their ability to rush from the inside and from the edge. Marlon Tuipulotu is the only draft pick that I have the Eagles cutting. He has not shown anything that would make me think he should be on the 53 man roster.

LB - I have the Eagles going with a lot of linebackers. Davion Taylor and Jacoby Stevens were impressing until they got dinged up. Taylor I believe is a lock at this time. Stevens should be a great ST player and provides a similar profile to Taylor in case of injury. Stevens could also serve as a emergency safety. Shaun Bradley has looked promising in the preseason and  I don't want to see recent draft picks being cut if they show some talent. 

SAM - The Eagles invested in Avery and he's finally shown some life after his move to linebacker. Patrick Johnson looked good in his first game at linebacker and he knows how to get after the QB.

CB - Eagles traded a 6th for Josiah Scott so I think he has the edge for 5th CB.  He projects as the top backup in the slot. I'm not worried about Jacquet getting claimed.  

S - Andrew Adams was one of/ if not the first player the Eagles signed this off-season. He should be a core special teamer. Epps squeaks out a spot over Riley. 

ST - No surprises. Siposs looks a quality punter.

Just missed the cut : Greg Ward, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Elijah Riley, Hassan Ridgeway, Michael Jacquet, Jordan Howard