Fantasy Football 2021

On 11/11/2021 at 7:17 AM, mattyice0401 said:

Picked up Tua and the MIA D/ST hoping they will be a good start against their 2 games against the Jets coming up, Well see how it goes

I'm with you riding the Miami D/ST for at least this week (possibly further; I got really tired of Pittsburgh's defense having the integrity of tissue paper).

Going to switch out my kicker too because Mason Crosby missing a kick per week has gotten well past old.

I scraped a 1pt win in my money league to mercifully not lose to a team that only got meaningful results from 2 TE's (they flexed Hunter Henry) and Indy's D/ST.  Mind you, I was choosing between Rodgers and Russ (went with Rodgers) at QB and my team had to be rescued by Deebo last night.

That said, I managed to get what may be the Holy Grail of the waiver wire: Nuk Hopkins (his own was in last place, and couldn't ride his hamstring injury through competing byes... and still lost in spite of who he picked up).  So my team, especially on preseason paper looks kinda beastly and definitely like it shouldn't be sitting in 7th with a sub-.500 record, but at this point it's a goal of make the playoffs (top 8 qualify, no byes) and play spoiler.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: DK Metcalf
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: DeAndre Swift
TE: Darren Waller
WR/TE: Deebo Samuel
WR/RB: Antonio Brown
D/ST: Miami (flexible, possible streaming option moving forward)
K: Mason Crosby (going to be replaced, just assessing my options - would prefer not to stream and will take consistent floor over ceiling - which likely means going after Robbie Gould)
BN: Russell Wilson
BN: Chase Edmonds
BN: Rhamondre Stevenson

- (basically Russ is my Rodger's bye week fill and then will probably be strategically dropped to try to create the most favorable playoff matchups)
- I can play strongest matchups at my flex spots with the versatility of 3 RB weeks (Edmonds and Arizona have a really favorably playoff schedule), go 4 WR comfortably, and feel fairly protected against injuries (can comfortably go to 4 WR if I lose an RB to injury once I have Chase back) outside of TE - which if I've got to stream, I'll stream.
- Once Edmonds is back (unless he just blows up and continues the pace set this past week), I'm reserving that Rhamondre spot on my roster as one to pick up a defense to stream for the following week if whichever one I'm holding at the time doesn't have a plus matchup.  Miami comes off their bye to host the Jets the first week of the playoffs, but then has likely no-go matchups on the road against the Saints and Titans, so I'll be looking for streaming options for those two weeks (and streaming does get more challenging in the playoffs for us since rosters lock as soon as you're eliminated).  I may end up going with the Chargers D/ST since they provide a decent option Week 14 (when Miami is on bye) against the Giants, would be a clear sit against KC the next week, but then have Houston in the semi and would have Denver the championship week (not great, but I can reassess then and judge based off how the first matchup goes and also there's no guarantee at the rate he's going that Teddy is still the starter there - though Chargers in late season weeks against backup QB's are historically trash).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Cant believe someone released Deandre Hopkins, They didnt have a WR3 or 4 or a RB2 or 3 to release instead of him? @Dr LBC

The big catch in this league is that we only have 3 bench slots total.  So if you catch injuries to Hopkins, Kamara, and your TE all in the same week as another of your WR's are also on bye, you don't have much space to manuever.  That said, with his roster, I would have dropped Allen Robinson who was on bye and held onto Nuk.

I'm actually trying to find someone else on his roster (because I doubt he'll trade Kamara) who would upgrade my roster at a non-TE spot, because I'm looking to flip Waller (still gets tons of targets but hasn't done a lot with them especially post-Gruden), particularly if Ben looks like he'll a come back from the COVID list this week because Freiermuth got dropped back to the WW after the guy who'd picked him up last week had to deal with Rudolph the Weak-Armed Reindeer as Muth's QB; with Ben back, I think Muth is a league-winner in a standard league like this one because more week's than not he's going to be good for a TD.

• Like 1

Currently in 1st place sitting at 8-2. Probably done with my roster shuffling but my roster currently heading down the stretch: 

QB: Jalen Hurts

RB: Leonard Fournette | D'Andre Swift | CEH | Javonte Williams | Ronald Jones | Jamal Williams

WR: Cooper Kupp | Davante Adams | Stefon Diggs | Devonta Smith | Kadarius Toney

TE: Travis Kelcee

K: Jake Elliott 

DST: 49ers

The final significant tweak I made to my roster was trading away Diontae Johnson for Devonta Smith and Javonte Williams. I love DJ but the Steelers upcoming schedule is brutal, Big Ben is dealing with covid/declining, and it's just hard for me to really get behind the idea of DJ playing well in bad weather down the stretch. 

I'm all in with Hurts for the rest of the fantasy season and Devonta Smith has the 3rd easiest schedule for WR's in the fantasy playoffs so I decided to roll with the stack. I think Javonte Williams also has league winning potential if Melvin goes down or if he gets a larger opportunity. 

0.5 PPR, 6 PT passing TD. I've won 7 straight. I have not scored below 120 in that entire stretch.

163, 171.7, 126.3, 142.3, 123.1, 129.1, 122.6

I've only scored below 100 once. 8-2 overall. Lead my league by 70 points and I'm averaging 133.9 PTS/WK. 

Clear cut best team in the league and I'm going to be pretty damn upset if I don't place in the money at the very worst.

• Like 1