2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Hurts got that OU rub. Besides, you said he sucks. So it can't possibly be that he led them. 

And I explained Mac. 

And no, I'm saying Bryce Young won't be good because Bryce Young sucks and Alabama successfully masks it well. Him going to Alabama is ancillary. He would suck elsewhere too. He doesn't suck because he goes to Alabama. 

Reading comprehension. 

“Bryce Young sucks and Alabama masks it well. Him going to Alabama is ancillary. He would suck elsewhere too.” 

Capturing this gem for later reference. 

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Injuries kill him. He already falling behind because of them.

I don't think Tua has a tremendous amount of upside but he's an average starter in the NFL, you can do a lot worse than Tua. Everyone slobs on Herbert but he's 15-17 as a starter, Tua is 13-8.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Josh Allen definitely was an outlier but the reason the Bills drafted him so highly and didn't immediately give up on him was because he had once in a decade arm talent. 

Matt Stafford's rookie stats: 226 ypg, 13 TD, 20 INT (5.3%), 53% comp, 6.0 Y/A 

Stafford was also the #1 overall pick and struggled as a rookie playing for a terrible organization but he actually had a HOF, elite WR to lean on with Calvin Johnson. Josh Allen took a leap when he got a top tier WR in Stefon Diggs, Kyler made a leap when he got to play with DeAndre Hopkins. 

Ryan Tannehill is another guy that struggled as a rookie and has developed into a good player. I don't think that Trevor will be great but saying he has no chance based on his rookie season is shortsighted. Although I agree that Jacksonville was probably the worst landing spot possible for him.

Man, remember when we used to give QBs 2-3 years to develop? Lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Sam Howell's upside is Derek Carr and we already have that.

I am not for replacing Carr, but I would still take Howell to develop. Carr has 1 more year on his deal. 100% would take a QB 10 years younger than him on a cost controlled deal. Like Derek he seems to be a phenomenal person with a strong arm understated mobility and unbeatable work ethic.

29 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Sam Howell's upside is Derek Carr and we already have that.

If I can have Derek Carr that doesn't fumble when breathed on and isn't afraid to use his legs consistently, give me that all day. 

In any event, I heard the same about Drew Lock. But you can't compare QBs between the ears, so no two QBs are alike.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

If I can have Derek Carr that doesn't fumble when breathed on and isn't afraid to use his legs consistently, give me that all day. 

In any event, I heard the same about Drew Lock. But you can't compare QBs between the ears, so no two QBs are alike.

I've never heard it stated it better than this

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Have you read the Yahoo in depth article on Howell? I'll link it incase but it's a longer article and isn't super football-y but helps sell the person that is the prospect.

https://sports.yahoo.com/last-dance-agenda-carolina-qb-sam-howell-looks-to-take-down-clemson-and-lead-unc-to-cfp-194834092.html