2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I like Jameson Williams and Dotson the most. I've seen Dotson compared to Tyler Lockett recently and I like that comparison as well. He can play all over the field, has the speed to take the top off of a defense, and runs excellent routes.

I would prefer Williams as well but he won't be around when we're selecting so I don't see too much of a point discussing it b/c if we trade up to get him, I hate our organization lol. 

16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He's had no injury past so I don't see this effecting his draft stock much. He should still be one of the first 3 WRs off the board which should occur prior to us picking.

The way I see it is that people are going to jump ahead of them because they're going to test crazy during the pre-draft process while he just kind of sits there. Stuff like that usually happens. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The way I see it is that people are going to jump ahead of them because they're going to test crazy during the pre-draft process while he just kind of sits there. Stuff like that usually happens. 

It does usually happen but I don't see anyone discrediting his talents and amazing season b/c he got hurt when he has no injury past. He doesn't need to test well to show what an asset he is to a passing attack. The offense going from great to stuttering after he left the game shows his value.

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It does usually happen but I don't see anyone discrediting his talents and amazing season b/c he got hurt when he has no injury past. He doesn't need to test well to show what an asset he is to a passing attack. The offense going from great to stuttering after he left the game shows his value.

I just remember the preseason game against the Niners there were a lot of people ripping him and calling him a bust already somehow because it was his first ever time getting live NFL game action lol

6 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

This is a great point. I can see other WR prospects putting up excellent performances at the combine and raising their stock while Williams is stuck in purgatory.
Also, Jeffrey Simmons is the only example I can think of where a major injury didn’t impact his draft stock much. There are multiple examples every year of people’s draft stock taking a hit coming off a major injury…especially an injury sustained late in the season. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

23. Jahan Dotson | WR | Penn State

54. Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

85. Zachary Carter | DT | Florida

124. Coby Bryant | CB | Cincinatti 

163. Troy Anderson | LB | Wyoming

164. Cade Mayes | OL | Tennessee 

223. Mitchell Agude | Edge | UCLA

I like Bryant, Anderson, and Mayes picks alot.  Really don’t want anything to do with Faalele… at all.  He’s massive but plays without a killer instinct.  I think his success % in the league as a 2nd round pick is 25%.  I’d rather go With a different RT in round 2.  He’s very raw IMO and just not a good fit.

3 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This is a great point. I can see some people put up excellent performances at the combine and raise their stock while he is stuck in purgatory. Also, Jeffrey Simmons is the only example I can think of where a major injury didn’t impact his draft stock much. There are multiple examples every year of people’s draft stock taking a hit coming off a major injury…especially an injury sustained late in the season. 

Yeah because people want someone who's going to be able to be there for OTA's I want somebody tear of the ligament that's always in question so literally all they can do in the pre-graph process is I have meetings with coaches and GM's. And then questions come up like is the team willing to wait to find out if they're still the same player. Meanwhile a playoff team(the Titans did with Simmons & The corner from V-Tech they took this year) Will take a chance because they feel like it's a value pack that doesn't take away from their team if we don't get them.

When your team is sorry you can't make those kind of decisions which is why they slide.  Unless of course you're a team like the Eagles who has three draft picks and there's room for error(but I doubt they make the bag because they drafted two receivers back to back in the first round)

Edited by Jeremy408

49 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Williams fall into the late 2nd/early 3rd. 

He's a much better prospect than that, but guys are going to wow scouts as always and folks are going to rise. Some little known WR is going to wind up a 2nd rounder. 

The timing for his was bad. He may or may not pretty much be taking a RS year as a rookie, which ultimately drags his stock down a bit. 

Him, Metchie, London...all 1st round guys likely to be available day 2 when we pick. 

Unless Someone AMAZING drops to us in round 1, I really hope we try and trade back. A lot of solid day 2 guys this year, and I'm not really enamored with most of the guys considered day 1 material (especially how late we'll be picking).

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's a much better prospect than that, but guys are going to wow scouts as always and folks are going to rise. Some little known WR is going to wind up a 2nd rounder. 

The timing for his was bad. He may or may not pretty much be taking a RS year as a rookie, which ultimately drags his stock down a bit. 

Him, Metchie, London...all 1st round guys likely to be available day 2 when we pick. 

Unless Someone AMAZING drops to us in round 1, I really hope we try and trade back. A lot of solid day 2 guys this year, and I'm not really enamored with most of the guys considered day 1 material (especially how late we'll be picking).

Well I'm not sure about that one. The reason why I say that is because there's gonna be somebody down there at the end of the first that's going to take him. Even if it's like a bucs or something. 

I do agree with the timing though because that's why I think we will have a really good chance at them in the first.

London is a little less likely because he got injured earlier. 

26 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not a big fan of Metchie until the 3rd. He doesn't have any clear strengths and that hurts him a lot IMO. I don't think London will be available in the 2nd round. Especially where we pick.

I'd be shocked if he drops out of the 1st.

CB/WR are the 2 most expensive positions in free agency outside OL/DL IMO. 

We should try and come away with one of each in the first 3 rounds. 

An underrated need is another safety, which will be big in a loaded AFC West. I want to be able to play split coverages with Moehrig.

IDL would be great but we'll see who's there. 

LB I'd only take if it's Dean/Lloyd, BUT the league is trending toward just taking guys who test well on day 3 and one of them will hit. 

I think we address OL primarily in FA. Getting Good back and adding 1 impact guy at RT should be enough. I don't want to see Leatherwood at RT. He has the makings of a dominant guard if he can get his mentals/technique together (which is still a big if but you invested a top 20 pick in him so you give him next year).