2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

20 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Picking this low really sucks lol it’s in that OL/CB territory 

I would argue it's better for CB since you would prefer to have your first round pick maximize their impact on the game and CBs tend to have the least impact compared to other positions. They only cover one person our of ~4 receiving options and most times leave a lot to be desired pertaining to run support. I want someone who's going to impact almost every play w/ my first round pick but that's just me.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I would argue it's better for CB since you would prefer to have your first round pick maximize their impact on the game and CBs tend to have the least impact compared to other positions. They only cover one person our of ~4 receiving options and most times leave a lot to be desired pertaining to run support. I want someone who's going to impact almost every play w/ my first round pick but that's just me.

There are some good veteran corners in free agency too. JC Jackson, Carlton Davis, Darious Williams, Bryce Callahan. 

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Joey Bosa was a ghost last game. Oline has been playing alot better as of late. People also sleeping on James and Lester Cotton. Jacobs Was running behind them late in the game with nice holes.  

He literally whipped Parkers a** for a strip sack that almost cost the Raiders the game:

https://www.chargers.com/video/joey-bosa-strip-sacks-derek-carr-highlights-week-18-2022

James is barely average and Cotton is being slept on so hard he's an on again off again practice squad player. But please go on

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He literally whipped Parkers a** for a strip sack that almost cost the Raiders the game:

https://www.chargers.com/video/joey-bosa-strip-sacks-derek-carr-highlights-week-18-2022

James is barely average and Cotton is being slept on so hard he's an on again off again practice squad player. But please go on

Rich and Andre are going to reach cult like status here.

37 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I think it depends.  A good quality starter has minimal impact and helps you sleep at night but if you can get a true lockdown CB that frees up your defense to do a lot.  A DC loves it when they can look at the next game and say we do not need to worry about player A so we can scheme to shut down xyz.  Being able to take a way a teams 2 best options is huge.  If you just have a good CB you may still need to scheme o help him out which opens up the door for others to go off.

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I am not going to completely defend Parker on this because he was beat in 4 seconds but that was a great spin move by Bosa and once again that is a block Parker can make on the left side but is not fluid enough on the right.  Parker was still trying to push Bosa past the pocket 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage.  He has to understand how deep he is.  Parker's momentum carried him 15 yards behind the LOS before he made the recovery.  After 4 years he still has not developed the foot work to be a good RT.  He needs to be on the left side only.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think it depends.  A good quality starter has minimal impact and helps you sleep at night but if you can get a true lockdown CB that frees up your defense to do a lot.  A DC loves it when they can look at the next game and say we do not need to worry about player A so we can scheme to shut down xyz.  Being able to take a way a teams 2 best options is huge.  If you just have a good CB you may still need to scheme o help him out which opens up the door for others to go off.

That's true, CB's that can survive on an island give the DC way more freedom to bring blitzes.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not going to completely defend Parker on this because he was beat in 4 seconds but that was a great spin move by Bosa and once again that is a block Parker can make on the left side but is not fluid enough on the right.  Parker was still trying to push Bosa past the pocket 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage.  He has to understand how deep he is.  Parker's momentum carried him 15 yards behind the LOS before he made the recovery.  After 4 years he still has not developed the foot work to be a good RT.  He needs to be on the left side only.

Parker is a serviceable backup swing OT but if he's starting again next season, yikes.

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There are some good veteran corners in free agency too. JC Jackson, Carlton Davis, Darious Williams, Bryce Callahan. 

I wanted JC coming out of Maryland.  I was thinking he was a 5th rounder and was pissed when we drafted a punter instead,  One of those players I was yelling at the TV every time we where on the clock for him.

• Like 1

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I wanted JC coming out of Maryland.  I was thinking he was a 5th rounder and was pissed when we drafted a punter instead,  One of those players I was yelling at the TV every time we where on the clock for him.

I wanted Stefon Diggs so bad when he came out of Maryland who was also selected in the 5th round, we took Jon Feliciano instead, lol.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wanted Stefon Diggs so bad when he came out of Maryland who was also selected in the 5th round, we took Jon Feliciano instead, lol.

Feliciano was a good pick. Obviously, he’s not as good of a pick as Diggs but he’s still a starting OG in the league 6 years later. We developed him for 4 years only to let him walk and play his prime years in Buffalo. Typical Raiders BS 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Parker is a serviceable backup swing OT but if he's starting again next season, yikes.

On the right you can use him for a week or 2 but he should not be there long term.  Maybe as an emergency RT.  I think he can start on the left and might get a decent contract from a team that thinks the same way.