2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He can play guard too. Either is good. He’s a top tier talent who might drop because of position value. Running the ball and interior pass pro would really help us on 3rd down/in the RZ. Just a thought. Positionally I’d rather go WR/DT/ or dean if he falls, but lindenbaum is pretty fn good.

Center imo is luxury pick for us especially with rt, lg and rg looking sketchy 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree but I’m not too confident with James at guard. not to mention Carr having a new center to get used to doesn’t really sound like a fun time 

Good point. But if you can get an elite player at the bottom of round 1 then you pull the trigger and figure it out. We need high impact players in Round 1 for a change. I’ll worry about positional value when we demonstrate a better track record of 1st round selections. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Good point. But if you can get an elite player at the bottom of round 1 then you pull the trigger and figure it out. We need high impact players in Round 1 for a change. I’ll worry about positional value when we demonstrate a better track record of 1st round selections. 

Meh he’s better than James but I’m not seeing the elite stuff in him that I saw in creed last year. 

he’s getting overhyped like that oc prospect last year that liked showing off his gut. And everyone here fell in love with him. 

54 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Center imo is luxury pick for us especially with rt, lg and rg looking sketchy 

Center is one of the most underrated positions in football. Much more important than guard as they have way more mental responsibilities similar to a catcher in baseball. 

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Are we giving up on leatherwood playing rt? Also I think lindenbaum can excel at guard so that’s part of my point.

Yes. Leatherwood was never a projected OT in the NFL like Kolton was. He was always supposed to be a Guard. Jon Gruden and Tom Cable are just morons and honestly probably just got lucky with Miller panning out. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

James is a stud

Wtf? No he isn’t. You are putting way too much emphasis on the final handful of games of the year, where we were playing covid rosters. First half of the year he was the worst center in the league of the past 15 years. Way too risky to keep. Plus would be horrible in a power blocking scheme. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Are we giving up on leatherwood playing rt? Also I think lindenbaum can excel at guard so that’s part of my point.

Leatherwood is such a poor prospect his leverage and footwork never improved all year imo. I honestly don’t know what to do with him. Maybe these new coaches can coach him up but dam he lightweight sucks. 

I hate having guys change positions I mean all lindens film is at center iirc. I wouldn’t mess with his position. Now if he played guard in college at a high level that’s a diff story 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Leatherwood is such a poor prospect his leverage and footwork never improved all year imo. I honestly don’t know what to do with him. Maybe these new coaches can coach him up but dam he lightweight sucks. 

I hate having guys change positions I mean all lindens film is at center iirc. I wouldn’t mess with his position. Now if he played guard in college at a high level that’s a diff story 

Fair enough. I just had him fall to me at 22 in the simulator and said **** it 😎

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Center is one of the most underrated positions in football. Much more important than guard as they have way more mental responsibilities similar to a catcher in baseball. 

Yes. Leatherwood was never a projected OT in the NFL like Kolton was. He was always supposed to be a Guard. Jon Gruden and Tom Cable are just morons and honestly probably just got lucky with Miller panning out. 

Wtf? No he isn’t. You are putting way too much emphasis on the final handful of games of the year, where we were playing covid rosters. First half of the year he was the worst center in the league of the past 15 years. Way too risky to keep. Plus would be horrible in a power blocking scheme. 

James was basically a rookie... no wonder he finished strong 

Edited by Humble_Beast