2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Stop box score scouting. Cooper completely disappears when games get tough. I would not touch Cooper with a ten foot pole. Fringe Top 25 WR. 

Waddle just finished his rookie year, we have no idea if that guy is good or not. It’s not like he was anything remotely close to JaMar Chase. 

Calvin Ridley has literally had one good year. 

Everything I have said is accurate. You are literally overrating flashes and potential. 

You realise that around 50% of 1st round picks are busts right? The fact that the only bust is Ruggs and that is because of off the field is absolutely remarkable. 

Waddle had a 1k 6TD rookie year on a horrific offense 
Smith nearly 1k 5 TD on a heavy run first O

Ridley is great when he is on the field, obviously he had injuries and his MH stuff but his production per game numbers are extremely good. 

As I said, you are 100% wrong almost comically so. One of the safest players you can get is a Bama WR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Stop box score scouting. Cooper completely disappears when games get tough. I would not touch Cooper with a ten foot pole. Fringe Top 25 WR. 

Waddle just finished his rookie year, we have no idea if that guy is good or not. It’s not like he was anything remotely close to JaMar Chase. 

Everything I have said is accurate. You are literally overrating flashes and potential. 

Lmao you’re trippin

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I mean when I think of busts I think of guys like Laquan Treadwell, Chad Jackson, Charles Rodgers, DHB, Mike Williams…you know guys who where drafted in the first but never did anything. 

If Players don’t measure up to HoF players I don’t consider them busts but that’s just me. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We don't agree on much but you're right here.  Cooper is a bust considering he was a top 5 pick and you're right he is a fringe top 25 WR.  He is soft as Charmin, has sketchy hands and disappears for games on end.  Dallas will let him walk and I hope he goes to a team where he has to be the top option on that O.  He will not do well in a situation like that.  He is a number 2 WR and a complementary piece, he is not the focal point of any O.

Jury is out on Waddle, he looked good but I am not putting a yellow jacket on the kid quite yet.

Jeudy is not that good and was over drafted.  Ruggs is out of football, Ridley had one good year and what happened when he was the focal point of the O?  He didn't do well and quit football. 

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We don't agree on much but you're right here.  Cooper is a bust considering he was a top 5 pick and you're right he is a fringe top 25 WR.  He is soft as Charmin, has sketchy hands and disappears for games on end.  Dallas will let him walk and I hope he goes to a team where he has to be the top option on that O.  He will not do well in a situation like that.  He is a number 2 WR and a complementary piece, he is not the focal point of any O.

Jury is out on Waddle, he looked good but I am not putting a yellow jacket on the kid quite yet.

Jeudy is not that good and was over drafted.  Ruggs is out of football, Ridley had one good year and what happened when he was the focal point of the O?  He didn't do well and quit football. 

I think it's unfair to call Cooper a bust just because he'a not an All-Pro player. Cooper was a high floor, high ceiling, prospect who produced day one. It doesn't get much safer at the position than Cooper, and he has panned out in that regard. He hasn't hit the ceiling we thought he could hit, but he certainly hasn't fallen past the floor. But, when a floor was as high as his was, that's what made him worthy of a top 5 pick. Low risk, high reward.

• Like 2

I wonder how Nate Hobbs would fare on the outside. He seems like he could do okay out there. I wouldn't mind going with Daxton Hill in the first as a slot corner in nickel, and a deep safety in base. This would be contingent on how/where the staff will play Abram. I had Abram as a first round linebacker when he came out, I would if the staff would try him there.

• Like 2

1. Devin Lloyd, LB Utah

2. Travis Jones, DI UCONN

3. Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati

4. Troy Andersen, LB Montana St

5. Josh Rivas, G Kansas St.

5. CJ Verdell, RB Oregon

7. Velus Jones Jr., WR Tennessee

OT, CB, S prioritized in FA. 

Thoughts? I personally wanted to find a T or S but they all came off the board before my picks. 

• Like 1

I posted my first mock of the year in the mock draft board, and I have us taking Kenyon Green. I posted a copy on Reddit and I feel like for an amateur mock it's mostly gotten pretty decent response? Like people hate on trades and I have a few and that's the main criticism after the two picks I had questions listed in my notes as likely to change the picks (which I changed this morning). I am kinda curious if anyone hates hates the Kenyon Green pick or if he has some fans on our board. I like that the run game is his calling card and he can slot in at multiple positions while the coaching staff figures out our other than Kolton talent on the OL.

Edited by Trojan

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

I posted my first mock of the year in the mock draft board, and I have us taking Kenyon Green. I posted a copy on Reddit and I feel like for an amateur mock it's mostly gotten pretty decent response? Like people hate on trades and I have a few and that's the main criticism after the two picks I hate questions listed in my notes a likely to change the picks (which I changed this morning). I am kinda curious if anyone hates hates the Kenyon Green pick or if he has some fans on our board. I like that the run game is his calling card and he can slot in at multiple positions while the coaching staff figures out our other than Kolton talent on the OL.

I don't "hate it" per se. I'm just hard pressed to take any OL in round 1 this year. 

I feel like the OL has bits and pieces that are at least serviceable, while we have fewer but larger holes elsewhere. 

I also think the OL class is deep enough to find good quality on day 2 or even 3. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I wonder how Nate Hobbs would fare on the outside. He seems like he could do okay out there. I wouldn't mind going with Daxton Hill in the first as a slot corner in nickel, and a deep safety in base. This would be contingent on how/where the staff will play Abram. I had Abram as a first round linebacker when he came out, I would if the staff would try him there.

Hill is a straight up baller. Count me in on anything that gets Abrams out of coverage duties.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Hill is a straight up baller. Count me in on anything that gets Abrams out of coverage duties.

It would kind of be a luxury pick, but Hill is tailor made for today's NFL. Right now, if it's between Hill and Williams, London, Olave, or Wilson, I probably go receiver.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

It would kind of be a luxury pick, but Hill is tailor made for today's NFL. Right now, if it's between Hill and Williams, London, Olave, or Wilson, I probably go receiver.

I wouldn’t consider it a luxury pick at all.

Abrahams is a HUGE liability.  Anything that keeps him from being relentlessly picked on each game is a major win for our team.  If we want go get better in the defensive backfield, then getting a stud SS should at least be in consideration.

I admit he was better this year, but that’s not exactly a huge endorsement. 

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

I wouldn’t consider it a luxury pick at all.

Abrahams is a HUGE liability.  Anything that keeps him from being relentlessly picked on each game is a major win for our team.  If we want go get better in the defensive backfield, then getting a stud SS should at least be in consideration.

I admit he was better this year, but that’s not exactly a huge endorsement. 

First, the Abrams narrative that he was bad this year isn't true. He was good playing in a mostly downhill role in Bradley's scheme. He made a ton of stops on the edge. In coverage, he did fine as a hook zone/curl flat player. I think the narrative stems from two plays: the Engram and Darrel Williams touchdown catches. He was in phase on both plays but failed to make the play. As a run defender, I believe his only bad game was against the Bengals. He had an awesome game against Browns and was good in his role, otherwise. But, he's out of place as a two high safety. He needs to be im the box. 

Second, I think Gillespie is a good player who is a bona fide deep safety. He played it at a high level in college. I would be comfortable going into the season with him and Moehrig as the presumptive starters. And, considering all the needs on the Raiders roster before free agency, I don't think a safety in the first round is the most prudent thing to do.

• Like 4