2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Do you guys like Drake London? Might be my favorite WR's in the draft. And should be available at our pick. I do think this WR class is pretty weak overall though. Not sure I'd have a single guy in the Top 15. 

Amazing EDGE/CB/LB class though IMO. For CB's in our range I like Booth Jr. from Clemson. 

If we go the DT route, I do like Wyatt as well. Lots and lots of potential there and should climb boards. Glad people see Davis isn't really worth a 1st. I'll never understand 1st Round Primary Run Stuffer selections. 

As for LB's... I love both Dean and Lloyd. Dean will be longggg gone though. Lloyd could be available at our pick and I would love that. Utah just keeps churning out defensive gamers.

TL;DR:

Some prospects to target at our pick:

WR Drake London

CB Andrew Booth Jr.

DT Devonte Wyatt

LB Devin Lloyd

And do I dare: (yes because I don't care what anyone thinks)

QB Malik Willis

This could always be a Jordan Love style pick where he can sit on the bench 3 seasons. Or you start Carr or a journeyman for one season. Unless your name is Tom Brady, QB's on Rookie Contracts win Super Bowl Championships. I think we will see it with the Bengals this Sunday as well. Willis has all the tools you could possibly want, you're just gambling hardcore if you can develop him. Either huge bust (I mean, pick #22 is never a "huge bust") or a star Top 5-8 QB. Not much middle ground for Willis to be honest. 

I love everything about London's game. I just think he'll be gone by our pick. I think he's better than Michael Pittman Jr, and I wanted him bad. 

Everyone seems hell bent on a Wish.com version of Ruggs though, like deep speed is the only thing WRs are good for. 

London could run a 4.55-4.6 on his currently bum ankle, I'm still taking him. 

Great hands, unreal production, great size that he actually uses. He reminds me of a Larry Fitzgerald/Marques Colton type, though a few pounds lighter. 

Then again, I'm a fan of big targets, especially with our red zone woes. We need a guy who can catch contested 50/50's, and Edwards hasn't shown to be that guy enough for me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I love everything about London's game. I just think he'll be gone by our pick. I think he's better than Michael Pittman Jr, and I wanted him bad. 

Everyone seems hell bent on a Wish.com version of Ruggs though, like deep speed is the only thing WRs are good for. 

London could run a 4.55-4.6 on his currently bum ankle, I'm still taking him. 

Great hands, unreal production, great size that he actually uses. He reminds me of a Larry Fitzgerald/Marques Colton type, though a few pounds lighter. 

Then again, I'm a fan of big targets, especially with our red zone woes. We need a guy who can catch contested 50/50's, and Edwards hasn't shown to be that guy enough for me. 

I think London is a little faster than people think. And I’m critical with speed. I think he’ll run about a 4.52, which is great for a guy his size and his skillset of a redzone target/big body/catch everything type of guy. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I still like Bama guy, Olave, and Burks more than London 

Garrett Wilson and Williams appear to be the best in class which is going against the false narrative that I only think WR's over 6'3 are always the best in class. 

Garrett Wilson appears to be a stud!

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I still like Bama guy, Olave, and Burks more than London 

I must be the only guy not seeing it with olave. He’s not super fast, not much yac ability, isn’t a contested catch guy. He can separate for sure, but did he do it against top tier competition? Personally I think he’s more of an early 2nd guy but I know that’s controversial.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I must be the only guy not seeing it with olave. He’s not super fast, not much yac ability, isn’t a contested catch guy. He can separate for sure, but did he do it against top tier competition? Personally I think he’s more of an early 2nd guy but I know that’s controversial.

You’re not alone. I don’t like him in the 1st either. Probably 5th WR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You’re not alone. I don’t like him in the 1st either. Probably 5th WR. 

Nothing against him. He's clearly a capable NFL WR. I feel the same about Bell/Pickens/ and a few other guys. Low key I may say Christian Watson is a late 1st rounder. He is a boom/bust guy based on small school status, but he could be a huge boom based on his h/w/s/ + rare fluidity for being his size and I would take him at 22 if he shocks at the combine and runs in the 4.3's.

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think London is a little faster than people think. And I’m critical with speed. I think he’ll run about a 4.52, which is great for a guy his size and his skillset of a redzone target/big body/catch everything type of guy. 

4.52 is way to slow Waller is bigger and ran a 4.46.

London size is a mismatch but only if he's fast at 4.52 a LB be can cover him.

33 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

4.52 for a guy London’s size is fine. Of course we want 4.4 speed but most receivers do run a 4.5. I hope you didn’t get enamored with last year, all those 40’s were not real. 

39 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Might want to look at his other athletic numbers.  Not saying he will be a beast but you can not just go off of 40.  `Renfrow ran a 4.6 but he plays with great game speed with great change of direction.  There are not any LBs that are going to stay with Renfrow 1 v 1 for very long.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Might want to look at his other athletic numbers.  Not saying he will be a beast but you can not just go off of 40.  `Renfrow ran a 4.6 but he plays with great game speed with great change of direction.  There are not any LBs that are going to stay with Renfrow 1 v 1 for very long.

Okay you're right I'll wait for the combine

Edited by Bitty 2.0