2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

Looking at DT prospects especially as Graham used 3 big bodies in the D-line with the Giants. I like the look of Phidarian Mathis Alabama, Travis Jones Connecticut and Neil Farrel LSU as NT. 

Mathis looks a 2-3 rounder Jones the same and Farrell a later round pick, is that about right? I really like Mathis.

I think Travis Jones goes too early for us in the second.  Wouldn't be surprised if he goes ahead of Davis to be honest. 

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

meh. I'm not going let one 3rd round scrub, keep me from a baller. I think Robinson ends up in the 20s if he has a good combine

If you’re Kentucky’s coach and we passed on Allen for ferr then we almost ruined the 3rd rounders career trying to paint him as a bad guy while we kept 2 other more troublesome draft picks who are currently facing legal issue. Luckily we have a new staff but if I was ken coach I couldn’t co-sign going to Vegas. Same thing with saban and bama. Saban publicly blaming us for hr3 and probably saying we ruined leatherwood lol. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If you’re Kentucky’s coach and we passed on Allen for ferr then we almost ruined the 3rd rounders career trying to paint him as a bad guy while we kept 2 other more troublesome draft picks who are currently facing legal issue. Luckily we have a new staff but if I was ken coach I couldn’t co-sign going to Vegas. Same thing with saban and bama. Saban publicly blaming us for hr3 and probably saying we ruined leatherwood lol. 

I don’t think any of this matters at all as long as they get their checks. Money talks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

if he is there at 22, no brainer 

What if both Wilson and Williams are on the board.  It's highly unlikely that both will be there at 22 but on the off chance who would you choose?  I have been saying these two are the best WR's in this draft for months.  

If I had a choice it would be very close but I would the slight edge to Wilson.  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What if both Wilson and Williams are on the board.  It's highly unlikely that both will be there at 22 but on the off chance who would you choose?  I have been saying these two are the best WR's in this draft for months.  

Yeah have to take the safe choice then.

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

both are home runs, but I would choose Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Wilson won't be on the board and Williams will slide but not to 22. Burks is the guy.

However i would take Williams if he makes it to 22, Edwards could hold it down until he is ready assuming we also trade for a guy like Brandin Cooks.

Edited by raidr4life

24 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Wilson won't be on the board and Williams will slide but not to 22. Burks is the guy.

However i would take Williams if he makes it to 22, Edwards could hold it down until he is ready assuming we also trade for a guy like Brandin Cooks.

I hope when people on here talk about trading for vets they are trying to trade players for players.  We need our draft picks and do not have money to bring in vets to fill every hole.  Especially a WR that would cost $13.7 million next year.  Him and the draft picks would eat up all of our current cap space.

Edited by drfrey13

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I hope when people on here talk about trading for vets they are trying to trade players for players.  We need our draft picks and do not have money to bring in vets to fill every hole.  Especially a WR that would cost $13.7 million next year.  Him and the draft picks would eat up all of our current cap space.

How much cap space are we able to open up this year?

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Well I'm talking about a 5th since we have two of them 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How much cap space are we able to open up this year?

We currently have $19 million but could free up twice that by cutting, Littleton, Kwiat, Nassib, and Drake.  You can get another $7 million from cutting Perryman and Good.  Restructuring Miller and extending Carr can free up a lot but you are just sacrificing future cap.  We would also need to replace these players so the savings would be even less.  Good and Perryman are likely starters so their savings is probably a wash.  To replace the other four would probably cost around $10 if we got a couple bargains.  As long as we do not do something stupid with our cap or Carr and Miller's contracts we could have around $30 million.  The draft picks will probably cost $7 million and we might pay more than $19 million for Carr and we will be lucky if Waller decides to play on his $7 million salary.  So if we are smart and lucky we should have around $22 million to bring in help.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well I'm talking about a 5th since we have two of them 

But if we spend $13 million on a WR we have roughly $9 million left.  We would have to sign close to vet minimum deals and hit on our draft picks to fill all our holes.  So if we hit on our first 3 picks and they are starters, trade for Cooks and get Moses to play RT we have spent almost all of our money.  That is 5 starters.  We need 1 CB, 1-2 LBs, 2 DTs, a WR, a RT, and possibly a S.  We fall short by 2-3 players and they is if things go in out favor.  It is not impossible but Ziegler and McDaniel have a tough task ahead of them next year.  They make some good moves next year it will be much easier to make it back to the playoffs in 2023.