2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We currently have $19 million but could free up twice that by cutting, Littleton, Kwiat, Nassib, and Drake.  You can get another $7 million from cutting Perryman and Good.  Restructuring Miller and extending Carr can free up a lot but you are just sacrificing future cap.  We would also need to replace these players so the savings would be even less.  Good and Perryman are likely starters so their savings is probably a wash.  To replace the other four would probably cost around $10 if we got a couple bargains.  As long as we do not do something stupid with our cap or Carr and Miller's contracts we could have around $30 million.  The draft picks will probably cost $7 million and we might pay more than $19 million for Carr and we will be lucky if Waller decides to play on his $7 million salary.  So if we are smart and lucky we should have around $22 million to bring in help.  

Not too much but not too bad either.

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm high on Drake London.. not a Ruggs clone by any means but I have no doubt London is going be a WR1. Imagine having wideouts of London, and Edwards but still having Waller

If you have London running the 40 time of 4.5, which is what he's expected to run from what I understand, then you still have no deep threat which hindered our offense once Ruggs was out of the picture. I wouldn't like this scenario at all

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If you have London running the 40 time of 4.5, which is what he's expected to run from what I understand, then you still have no deep threat which hindered our offense once Ruggs was out of the picture. I wouldn't like this scenario at all

I would draft a burner, or sign one in free agency

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

agree but plenty of deep threats run 4.4-4.5 as well.  really about size and route running. dont need to run 4.3 to be deep threat.

with that said Drake gets very lityle seperation on tape and will get less in NFL hes not really fast or quick but great size and good at going to get ball. Edwards is similar but little smaller. depends if carr trusts him and not taking him in 1st

Edited by roi34

Just now, roi34 said:

agree but plenty of deep threats run 4.4-4.5 as well.  really about size and route running. dont need to run 4.3 to be deep threat

I agree with that but a knock about Drake is his lack of top end speed and separation quickness. I see a rich man's Edwards with him and I just don't think he's the right fit for what we need

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I agree with that but a knock about Drake is his lack of top end speed and separation quickness. I see a rich man's Edwards with him and I just don't think he's the right fit for what we need

lol just edited to this hahag

• Like 1

quick Mock

R1: Jameson Williams WR - Ruggs "replacement" but bigger, and more wiggle. He would be amazing

R2: Nicholas Petit Frere RT - development RT, give him a year get seasoned into the NFL

R3: Sean Rhyan RG - 3rd is good value for guard. Rhyan projects as a guard in the NFL. I think he can be a stud inside

R4: Calvin Austin WR - I think a very talented is going drop to day 3. More competition for Edwards to step and depth. 

R5: Bubba Bolden S - more depth in the unit and competition 

R5: Isaac Taylor-Stuart CB - has all the traits, a little bit raw in technique. A sleeper 

R6: Jerrion Ealy RB - a solid RB class. I could see us investing in a RB on day 3. This guy drops because of his size, but he is a really good RB. Jacobs and Drake free agents in 2023, be smart to get a prospect in the mix. Ceiling is a starting RB in the NFL, but could end up being a solid 3rd down back. 

R7: Kaleb Eleby - QB - developmental QB2. Has the tools but raw 

free agency attack: RT, DT, 3rd LB, CB

thoughts?

Edited by Humble_Beast

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

But if we spend $13 million on a WR we have roughly $9 million left.  We would have to sign close to vet minimum deals and hit on our draft picks to fill all our holes.  So if we hit on our first 3 picks and they are starters, trade for Cooks and get Moses to play RT we have spent almost all of our money.  That is 5 starters.  We need 1 CB, 1-2 LBs, 2 DTs, a WR, a RT, and possibly a S.  We fall short by 2-3 players and they is if things go in out favor.  It is not impossible but Ziegler and McDaniel have a tough task ahead of them next year.  They make some good moves next year it will be much easier to make it back to the playoffs in 2023.

Littleton cut saves us 11 million, Moreau is possible cut saving 2.5, thats 33 million in cap space right there.

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm high on Drake London.. not a Ruggs clone by any means but I have no doubt London is going be a WR1. Imagine having wideouts of London, and Edwards but still having Waller

London is my WR1. Probably the first time in 10+ years I’m going to have a 4.5 guy as my #1 WR. That’s how dominant I think he’s going to be. 

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yet 80% of this forum was going crazy for Lamb…. who was a clear 4.5 guy both on tape and at the combine. At least Drake is 6’5” and can do a ton of things Lamb can’t. Only thing Lamb has over Drake is YAC/Elusiveness.