2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

London is my WR1. Probably the first time in 10+ years I’m going to have a 4.5 guy as my #1 WR. That’s how dominant I think he’s going to be. 

some sites have him as a late 4.4s or low 4.5. But his game isn't about game breaking speed. He is a smooth athlete, runs good routes, tough to bring down, and uses his size. Nice comp is Mike EVANS. If he wasn't hurt, I think there be more talk of him going in the top 10. 22 would be a steal. Be interesting if London and Williams drop to 22. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Littleton cut saves us 11 million, Moreau is possible cut saving 2.5, thats 33 million in cap space right there.

Littleton you have to have as a June 1st cut and saves us $8.7 million.  but is also going to cost another $7 million in 2023.  I have no clue why you would cut Moreau.  You would have to replace him with a high pick or FA that would cost at least the same for the production.  

15 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Littleton you have to have as a June 1st cut and saves us $8.7 million.  but is also going to cost another $7 million in 2023.  I have no clue why you would cut Moreau.  You would have to replace him with a high pick or FA that would cost at least the same for the production.  

No Littleton cap hit is 15m currently if you cut him post June 1st it saves us 11,7m ,4m dead cap prorated bonus but yeah a dead cap of 9m in 2023. I personally wouldn't cut Moreau but some people think McDaniels might want a more athletic TE for his 2 TE sets.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yet 80% of this forum was going crazy for Lamb…. who was a clear 4.5 guy both on tape and at the combine. At least Drake is 6’5” and can do a ton of things Lamb can’t. Only thing Lamb has over Drake is YAC/Elusiveness. 

Love London, but i'm still giving Burks the slight edge more speed and big play ability.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

No Littleton cap hit is 15m currently if you cut him post June 1st it saves us 11,7m ,4m dead cap prorated bonus but yeah a dead cap of 9m in 2023. I personally wouldn't cut Moreau but some people think McDaniels might want a more athletic TE for his 2 TE sets.

Littleton has a dead cap hit of a little over $14.004 million because you accelerate his restructure bonus.  If he is on the team his cap hit is $15.768 million.  If we cut him with out the June 1st designation we would save $1.764 million.  If you make him a June 1st cut you add another $7.002 million onto the savings and the total would be $8.766 million.  He would still count $7.002 million against the cap next year.

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Littleton has a dead cap hit of a little over $14.004 million because you accelerate his restructure bonus.  If he is on the team his cap hit is $15.768 million.  If we cut him with out the June 1st designation we would save $1.764 million.  If you make him a June 1st cut you add another $7.002 million onto the savings and the total would be $8.766 million.  He would still count $7.002 million against the cap next year.

Sorry just dont think this is accurate

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Sorry just dont think this is accurate

So you are right.  When a player is designated as a June 1st cut only the bonus money, all types but it use to say signing bonus, in the next year (2022) counts against the cap and all other remaining bonus money counts in the following year (2023).  So he would only count $4 million in 2022 and $10 million in 2023.  We have another issue though.  We can not use any of the savings until June 1st so he would stay on the books until June 1st.  Since we need to be in compliance with the cap by the first day of the new league year designating him as a June 1st cut does not help us.

52 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

So you are right.  When a player is designated as a June 1st cut only the bonus money, all types but it use to say signing bonus, in the next year (2022) counts against the cap and all other remaining bonus money counts in the following year (2023).  So he would only count $4 million in 2022 and $10 million in 2023.  We have another issue though.  We can not use any of the savings until June 1st so he would stay on the books until June 1st.  Since we need to be in compliance with the cap by the first day of the new league year designating him as a June 1st cut does not help us.

interesting

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Love London, but i'm still giving Burks the slight edge more speed and big play ability.

I feel like Burks is the type of H/W/S guy that is going to rise with pre-Draft numbers and winds up going top 10 as the first WR drafted. 

Dude is a physical freak of nature. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

interesting

There actually is one way he can help I think.  You designate him as a June 1st cut and wait to sign the draft picks after June 1st.  I believe this works but not 100% sure if the league makes teams set aside the money for draft picks.  We will not get to use the full $11 million but it could free up $6-7 million before June 1st.

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I feel like Burks is the type of H/W/S guy that is going to rise with pre-Draft numbers and winds up going top 10 as the first WR drafted. 

Dude is a physical freak of nature. 

Easily going to happen imo. After what Debo Samuel did, teams will want their own version and Burks is all that and more.

• Like 1

Combine week. Big week for a lot of these WRs to separate from each other. I like London but there are some valid concerns about his game. Speed/separation look at his plays at USC majority of his catches are contested. Other then Mike Evans name a big body WR like that in the NFL cause I can’t think of one. Just don’t see it maybe AJ Green in his prime. 

• Like 1