2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

4.39 for Olave seems more accurate. He looks like a 4.42ish on tape and Wilson looks on tape exactly what he ran: about a 4.37ish. 

Wilson is probably the best fit for McDaniels Offense. Good route runner, 4.3 speed, would be a screen monster, lots of wiggle, good hips, good YAC ability. Depends what type of WR you are looking for, but he’s a very complete WR in McDaniels scheme. 

I was hoping Olave was going be overdrafted, and Wilson fall to us. there goes that idea 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

This WRs class is like ice cream a lot of good options just depends on what flavor you like. But I think the Raiders won’t be going WR early in the draft. Think they figure that out in FA 

Agreed. While I’m sure McDaniels would love some speed, the man’s offense specializes in the red zone, that is where he is the master of his craft. Signing someone like Allen Robinson, and drafting a speedster WR in the 2nd is more likely. People are under estimating the CB need, Mullen is still unproven and can’t stay healthy, and we have no other starting CB at all. And this CB FA class sucks. 

The question is can we afford Carr, Robinson (or a different WR), and Crosby? With room to wiggle around afterwards?

I swear if this teams let’s Crosby go we are just a dumb dumb dumb franchise and Davis needs to sell the team. 

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was hoping Olave was going be overdrafted, and Wilson fall to us. there goes that idea 

I want to see them run side by side like they did the qbs olave looked faster they’re saying Wilson official time 4.38 now

Willis by far looked like the best QB throwing the ball, and that’s even without the leg part of his game. I’d be shocked if he gets past the Giants at 5, perfect fit for Daboll’s scheme. I say Willis ends up going third to Houston and they trade Watson to Denver (god damnit). 

I was not impressed with Ridder throwing. Velocity looks questionable, and some underthrows. Still not a bad 2nd Round QB prospect at all, but I wouldn’t touch him in the 1st if I was any team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

CB and WR 40 times have a great indicator of success though. Is it the only thing? Of course not. Is it a sure thing? Of course not. Tape is always most important, and this is just one measuring point. However, it has been a good indicator like I said.

Your absolutely right.  The way I think of it, there’s a certain threshold of speed for 99% of players, but there are always exceptions.   There aren’t many quality CBs that run higher than 4.52, but strictly Zone CBs can sometimes get away with 4.55 if they run very good 3cone and Short Shuttle.  

Edited by jimkelly02

Guys I've been pretty high on didn't disappoint me today. 

Alec Pierce....wooof. 

Khalil Shakir

Velus Jones. 

Calvin Austin III. 

Kevin Austin Jr

I'm really hoping we nab a WR early and on day 3. 

High pick, Edwards, Renfrow, Day 2/3 pick, Jones would be my 5. Clearly plenty of speed for stretching the field in this class, so there's no need to keep trotting the corpse of Desean Jackson out there hoping for a miracle. 

Really interested to see the DBs too. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. While I’m sure McDaniels would love some speed, the man’s offense specializes in the red zone, that is where he is the master of his craft. Signing someone like Allen Robinson, and drafting a speedster WR in the 2nd is more likely. People are under estimating the CB need, Mullen is still unproven and can’t stay healthy, and we have no other starting CB at all. And this CB FA class sucks. 

The question is can we afford Carr, Robinson (or a different WR), and Crosby? With room to wiggle around afterwards?

I swear if this teams let’s Crosby go we are just a dumb dumb dumb franchise and Davis needs to sell the team. 

Jehlani Woods as a RZ TE would be on my radar. 

6'7 260 with 4.6 wheels is hard to pass up, especially as I don't think he loses much speed with pads on.  Pepper him with jump balls, I say. 

I'd usually be hesitant to use a draft pick on a TE3, but McDaniels isn't scared of using 2 TE sets like in years past. Let Waller or Moreau act as our 20-20 receiving option and use a heavy dose of 2 TE sets in the RZ. 

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wilson’s definitely faster than Olave on game tape.

Meh I thought olave was 4.40 and Wilson 4.45 on tape. 

I think olave has better routes and deep catch capabilities but Wilson has better catch radius and redzone ability. 

is olave really 6’3 tho?

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Jehlani Woods as a RZ TE would be on my radar. 

6'7 260 with 4.6 wheels is hard to pass up, especially as I don't think he loses much speed with pads on.  Pepper him with jump balls, I say. 

I'd usually be hesitant to use a draft pick on a TE3, but McDaniels isn't scared of using 2 TE sets like in years past. Let Waller or Moreau act as our 20-20 receiving option and use a heavy dose of 2 TE sets in the RZ. 

We already have 2 TE Redzone threats. Need a WR. Plus Carr is the most picky QB ever in the redzone, it is absolutely not just Jon Gruden. He likes that lengthy WR that can catch in traffic, especially the fade route. And it takes forever for Carr to end up trusting someone in the redzone. 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Metcalf actually ran routes in college.  He spent 4 years in the SEC developing and being coached.  Watson hasn’t gotten anything near the level of coaching.  He was told to run deep.  But again this isn’t a “let’s bash Watson” post.  The kid has great potential.  But he’s really raw.  He could still be productive as a rookie…. But what he plays in year 1 is going to be rather limited in terms of the routes he runs.

I see him as closer to a poor mans Moss than DK.  

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We already have 2 TE Redzone threats. Need a WR. Plus Carr is the most picky QB ever in the redzone, it is absolutely not just Jon Gruden. He likes that lengthy WR that can catch in traffic, especially the fade route. And it takes forever for Carr to end up trusting someone in the redzone. 

Still taking a WR. 

TE would have to be a Day 3 pick for me. But we usually carry a few. We don't need Waller breaking down again, either.  

I'm not sure we will use a high pick on a wr. I think we are going to want/need experience on the outside. Due to the complex routes needed in the EP system. Not many outside receivers had very much success as rookies in that system. The main reason is how complex it is and how much thinking it involves until you are used to it. Now Alabama does run the EP system. BUT if you watch you see those receivers making mistakes a good bit and then you see the qb throwing somewhere the receiver is not. But their inside guys tear it up. Not saying we won't draft a wr. Not even saying I don't want one early. Just saying after some research I just don't think we will. But what do I know?

Edited by BigD1123